Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Welch/Gwen Davies

In the early to mid 80's we had a character named Gwen Davies who fell for Larry Welch and now in 2020 we have a character named Gwen Davies, here is a link from Dailymotion for those curios to what the 80's Gwen was like. Gwen left Salem in 1985 after realizing she couldn't trust Larry anymore. Do you think the 2 Gwens are related or simply a coincidence?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?v...2BUnt%252B7vWg

I remember the original Gwen and I had the same thought! I think it could be her daughter...

Comment

Years ago a very nice person posted a bunch of Roman and Marlena vids. I really enjoyed seeing them because I didn't see their story originally, because I was in school and too young at the time. I remember Gwen . She was pretty cool. I think she was Marlena's roommate. The show was sooo good back then!

Comment

• Carerra
        Carerra commented
        Editing a comment
        Those were definitely the best Days ever was. I wish it was still that good.

They must have known about the previous Gwen, so there may be a reason for it. Perhaps something to do with why she chose Salem to hide out in. Being her daughter could certainly work. Gwen Jr or maybe Gwen could actually be middle name and she goes by that.

Possibly an interesting little nod to the history regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by gymguy68 View Post
        I remember the original Gwen and I had the same thought! I think it could be her daughter...
        or even granddaughter

Comment

I remember Gwen. She was a lawyer. She teamed up with Alex Marshall, and worked a little with Stefano. In real life she was married to Michael Crichton (the author).

Comment

Wait, the Gwen that is on now, has the same last name as the Gwen from back then?

Comment

I uh doubt it. She is just Jake's side chick.

Comment

I do remember original Gwen!!! I remember at one point she had two brothers on the show. She and Alex Marshall were pretty funny together.

Comment

Gwen was a great character! She was a lawyer who worked with or against other lawyers like Mickey Horton and Don Craig. She was Snooty at first but later we found out ashamed of her family because she grew up poor and she didn’t want anyone to know that. She was involved with Alex Marshall and was a bit of a schemer, but not really a villain. She was sleeping with Larry Welch while he was in his loveless sham marriage with Hope, but that wasn’t a big deal because Hope herself was sleeping with Bo Brady at the same time. What I really remember about Gwen was that after Larry killed Megan Hathaway, Stefano’s daughter, Larry began to get paranoid that Gwen suspected him and might turn him in, so he started slowly poisoning her. She did survive, but broke it off with him and left Salem shortly after. And yes, she was roommates with Marlena for awhile, which was fun to watch. And I remember one brother she had, a singer named Woody, I believe. The actress was also formerly known as Eddie Benton and had a big role in the classic horror film Prom Night with Jamie Lee Curtis. She played a bitchy character who gave the ax wielding killer a run for his money and almost survived. Keyword being almost!

Comment

when did we learn Jake's girlfriend's last name is Davies?

Comment

• catsalive
                      catsalive commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I haven't heard this present Gwen's last name yet.

Originally posted by pnorbert2222 View Post
                    when did we learn Jake's girlfriend's last name is Davies?
                    The credits still have her as just Gwen but Several places have her as Gwen Davies... Soaps In Depth for example and her full name is showing up in many spoilers title elsewhere. I originally thought it was from when Marlena checked view Bayview but I re-watched and no last name said but it;s seems to be common knowledge elsewhere, I just don't know how it was determined.but I am looking into it.
                    Last edited by Milkshake24; July 21, 2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I remember Gwen and the actress who played her, Anne-Marie Martin. After she left Days she was the female lead on the 80's series Sledgehammer. I really liked her on Days, great actress.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkshake24 View Post

The credits still have her as just Gwen but Several places have her as Gwen Davies... Soaps In Depth for example and her full name is showing up in many spoilers title elsewhere. I originally thought it was from when Marlena checked view Bayview but I re-watched and no last name said but it;s seems to be common knowledge elsewhere, I just don't know how it was determined.but I am looking into it.
                        Until they say it on the show or in something official from the show like in an interview I wouldn't believe it.

Don't trust everything you read on the internet IMO.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X