Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Think of Kristian's Departure?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Think of Kristian's Departure?

What do you think of Kristian's aka Hope departure from Days?

Sad!
    68.18%
    Not Sure/Other
    31.82%

I’m fine with her going. Hope should have been written off when Bo left in 2015.

Comment

Sad, but not shocked. She has been misused on the show for years. She expected to have a good story, when PR left and she could have
      if the writers, etc., hadn't screwed up Hope and Aiden. KA naturally didn't want to leave just because PR left, why would she?
      Last edited by dee2; July 19, 2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

I voted Not Sure....if this was in 2000's, then yeah, Days would crumbled. Now, I think Days will survive without her. She has been on less. And she was great with Bo only. Days could have taken a route with Hope with Ted. She was also okay with Aiden, but Ciara's rape just ruined it for them.

Comment

• CADY
          CADY commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry! I thought you were referring to the character of Kristen. I deleted my post.

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          CADY Aww....I actually had a good laugh for the day. It's been a long time since I had a good humor moment there.

• dee2
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          True, Aiden and Hope could have worked, it was sabotaged. Ted and Hope could have worked, same. Why would she trust that any other
          pairing wouldn't be given the same treament?

I am sad about Kristian's departure. I like the actress and Hope character. It was her choice to leave, and I wish her the best with her future adventures.
        Last edited by CADY; July 19, 2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          Psst! Her name is Kristian than Kristen I think someone needs to correct ant48 thread.

• CADY
          CADY commented
          Editing a comment
          I made the correction. Thanks!

I voted not sad. I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE Hope and Bo. They were gold. Even when Bo left the first time, Hope was fine. She was doing cop stuff and being a good friend to Jen and her scenes with Doug were adorable. But then they ruined it with Aiden, Rafe, and Ted. None of them worked. I get they needed to try stuff, but they should have realized they weren’t working earlier and pulled the plug much earlier. I couldn’t stand watching her with Aiden, wondering if he killed his first wife. Her pairing with Rafe didn’t make sense to me — they worked together and now all of a sudden, Rafe is in love with her???? Ted was a big boring blank.

So I”m sorry to say, but I’d like to see her character retired for a while.

Comment

I am not sad at all. Hope needed a major rest. The character has been unrecognizable for years. KA checked out years ago.

Comment

Hope has been lost ever since Bo left. The writers just didn’t know what to do with her and her new pairings fell flat. Instead of killing off Bo, they should have recast him or had them leave together happily ever after. Having said that, after the Princess Gina storyline needed, Hope seemed more like herself than she had in a long time. I understand it is Kristian Alfonso’s choice to leave, but she should have gone back to film a proper exit for the character and for the legion of fans she’s had since 1983.

Comment

• dee2
              dee2 commented
              Editing a comment
              KA didn't want to leave the show when PR left, so there was no way the show was going to force her
              to. She wanted Hope to have a new life, without Bo, KA said that. It was the dropping of the ball
              by the show on the pairing that could have worked for Hope that started the downward slide.

• Carlys #1 Fan
              Carlys #1 Fan commented
              Editing a comment
              dee2 it’s not always up to the actors. The smart thing for Days would have been to give them and epic send off for the shows 50th anniversary. That would have left the door open for both Bo and Hope to make return visits the way Sami does.

• dee2
              dee2 commented
              Editing a comment
              ^^I don't think KC would have ever wanted KA to leave for good. She said this time that the time he wanted
              her to take off, opened the door for her to leave. I think it probably shocked him that she would leave.

I think it's unfortunate the way she left... After almost 40 years of being on the show she will just be written out. No cool exit. No tribute to all her work.. She will just be gone...

Comment

• catsalive
              catsalive commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with you. I am going to miss Kristian and Hope. I don't think they are treating the actress fairly. I hate to see her go. It is indeed the end of an era for me.

I said sad but I respect her decision. In one respect they haven’t use her as much or as well as in the past. It doesn’t matter to me if she is paired with someone else but it always seemed half hearted. The writing either didn’t do much with them together ( Rafe) or ruined any potential of ( Aiden) . Not that I was that into the Hope/ Aiden pairing but they didn’t have to throw Aiden and Chase under the bus they could have had sl’s with other characters.
            Still she is at this point she’s one of top five legacy characters and it’s a loss.
            Last edited by Emerald Greens; July 19, 2020, 10:48 PM.

Comment

What bums me is the 55th Birthday coming up! She is the main thing on the show, along with Abe, John, Jennifer, and few others. Maybe in 3 years, she might return...that would be a good story for her. People would be excited of what’s she has been up too.

Comment

I came back here to specifically comment on this. I have watched Days for decades and will miss the actress but Hope, the character, seems to be on wash, rinse, repeat. They appear to have run out of new ideas on what to do with the character so I'm glad she is being retired for now.

I wish Kristian all the best and thank her for years of entertaining me and keeping me on the edge of my seat during her long tenure on Days. From Hope's rebellious teenage years, through the Stephano and Princess Gina days, to her love for motorcycle riding Bo, I have always been a fan. May Kristian find great success in whatever she chooses to do from this point on.

Comment

Sad but good for her. Been a fan since day 1. They struck gold when they hired her. Currently they're NOT doing a good job writing her character. Even turning her into Gina had too many flaws.

Comment

• dee2
                    dee2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I never even liked the parodies at Halloween. I enjoyed the first years of Gina very much, the late '90s.

All good things come to an end, and Hope has come to hers.
                  As long as KA is in good health and prospects, I'm thankful.

Comment

Sad but but surprising. Hope died when Bo died and lately, her character has just been "floating". I'm sure she will be back.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X