• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ckg1
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
    Well right now, it's a rumor. From what other inside info fans says, that she was not happy with a salary cut offer. She may not have been happy with Brandon’s character direction either.
    I can certainly understand Brandon Barash’s character direction. I was glad BB would be back, but to stick him with Gwen(who is she anyway?) or most likely he may be destroyed in another Chabby triangle(because that just seems inevitable especially since he’s another Dimera)is just tune out material for me. Thank goodness I can skip all that on dvr and watch Cin, Abe, or Kate, or even Sami while she’s in Salem.

Comment

• CADY
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2012

CB left the show once before. The show survived with no problems. I seriously doubt it will fall apart because "psycho path" Gabi leaves. CB is a beautiful and talented actress, but it sounds like her choice to leave. Personally, I could care less if Gabi leaves Salem.

Comment

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't know if this is true. However, she was upset on few things from what I heard.

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        She wasn't gone long enough for it to hurt the ratings.
    • Angela8422
      Board Regular
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by CADY View Post
      CB left the show once before. The show survived with no problems. I seriously doubt it will fall apart because "psycho path" Gabi leaves. CB is a beautiful and talented actress, but it sounds like her choice to leave. Personally, I could care less if Gabi leaves Salem.
      Same. I’ll be glad when she’s gone. Gabi is smug, arrogant, and unlikeable.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        No more than Chad and Abby. They wrote the book on being smug and arrogant.

• Beca Drags
        Beca Drags commented
        Editing a comment
        Smug and arrogant describes Gabi perfectly, among other negative traits. Although, I don't know what she has to be smug about, since everything she does or tries to do she eventually loses in, and all from her own evil machinations.

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wrong again! Gabi gets angry and gets even against those hypocrites that are constantly abusing her.
    • CincyLady
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Harmonica1985 View Post
      If this happens it will be a horrible blow for Days. She's one of the most talented young actresses in daytime. I'm hoping her departure is temporary or that we get a recast. Days needs Gabi to keep it interesting. Thoughts?
      ICAM!!!! She keeps me watching - along with RSW. Gettin' scary in Salem town!

Comment

• Beca Drags
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Apr 2005

Pretty sure this is true. Personally, I won't miss the character and I think Days will be fine without her, as I don't think this character is vital to the Days canvas. The character of Gabi has been over done for a while now, and time to move on from this over propped character.JMO. Good luck to CB.

Comment

• TheRealDeal
          TheRealDeal commented
          Editing a comment
          Harmonica1985 Gabi has done other things besides Chabby stories. She was recently in a storyline with Eli and Lani. To a neutral party it would seem that Chabby is keeping HER interesting since nothing she has ever done is ever talked about outside this particular couple. Chabby is even mentioned in this thread that has nothing to do with them.

• Beca Drags
          Beca Drags commented
          Editing a comment
          We'll obviously, we'll never agree on this, and this mostly comes down to personal opinion, other than the fact that Chabby are from two of the core families, and that always means they're importance to the show is vital. Chabby's fan base for the characters separately and as a couple, has been proven to be quite large too.

• Harmonica1985
          Harmonica1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          We never have agreed but at least we can agree on other topics.
      • tiff5555
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jul 2007

If the rumors says is true, than we might have Chad with Gabi....

Comment

• Abby_fan
          Abby_fan commented
          Editing a comment
          That will be fine. Gabi is Chad’s second choice, so she should be ecstatic to finally get her hooks into Chad. Abby must be giving him the boot if Gabi has a chance. Now, get Abby with one of Salem hunks before snot nose Chadwich reappears, begging Abby to take him back.

• Harmonica1985
          Harmonica1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gabi shouldnt be saddled with him either.

• Abby_fan
          Abby_fan commented
          Editing a comment
          Tiff, I want Austin to come to town. He and Abby can go to an art museum and out to dinner.
      • TheMartins4Life
        Board Regular
        • Dec 2009

They could recast the character if finding the right actress. They do need to tone down Gabi as I don't mind the way she is now (well a little bit), because she does act ridiculous at times, even when it's not worth it.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
          Harmonica1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          CB is the only one that can perfectly portray Gabi.
      • skyisclear00
        Day Player
        • Dec 2019

If she goes I'll have no problem taking a break from this show. No one's good enough to keep me around, except our Sassy Queen!

Comment

• Harmonica1985
          Harmonica1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          It will definitely hurt Days no matter what the detractors want to believe.

• ckg1
          ckg1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes agreed, no one is saying that CB is the only thing on Days like stated above in other posts. BUT if she wasn’t
          there, it will really be more boring. The good news is that I
          can just finally fast forward Chabby altogether.....finally.? As for BB, I like him as an actor and had high hopes for his return, but he may be stuck with them unfortunately so he’ll be caught up in my Fast Forward button as well. So it will be others like Sami and Kate left, lol!! There are others left, I guess.
          Last edited by ckg1; July 19, 2020, 07:34 PM.

• Flowercity79
          Flowercity79 commented
          Editing a comment
          I couldn't agree more. The show and this board would be pure crickets without her
      • CADY
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2012

Gabi's presence certainly did not improve the declining ratings. I doubt her absence will make any difference. CB is a beautiful and talented actress. If she wants to leave, that is her decision. Obviously, there is a financial problem at Days. It is my understanding, those who are leaving by choice were asked to take a major reduction in salary. I don't blame them for leaving. Working on a soap is not an easy job. They work 10 to 12 hours a day with many pages of scripts to memorize. A very stressful job, which entitles these talented actors to be paid properly.

I don't know if there is any truth in this rumor, but some are predicting that CB will be joining Y&R. Just a rumor!

Comment

• CADY
          CADY commented
          Editing a comment
          Harmonica, I agree 100% with you regarding Days poor decisions. Obviously, poorly managed.

• Harmonica1985
          Harmonica1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          Days has been poorly managed for a long time.

• ckg1
          ckg1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think any one character can decide the ratings. When Abby came back the other day, I don’t think ratings were anywhere either. So it has nothing to do with Gabi, Abby, or any one particular character. It’s basically the writing overall and maybe the sets compared to other soaps. But Days has been around for so long, it’s a daytime classic. All it will mean is that Chabby can’t step all over her anymore as their punching bag third party....and mostly I can skip their insufferable nonsense. I can watch the rest of the Days cast too.
      • jam6242
        Contract Poster
        • Aug 2008

She was obviously not taping for several weeks before the COVID shutdown. I'll be surprised if she doesn't return though.

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
          Contract Poster
          • Mar 2009

Listen, Days of Our Lives has lost some of its most popular characters through the years for various reasons including Bo, Hope, John, Marlena, Kayla, Steve, Julie, Doug, Kimberly, Shane, Sami, Carrie, Austin, etc. Days will be just fine whenever we are finally free of Gabi’s reign of terror. All of those characters were/are MUCH bigger- many of the characters (and the actors) were household names, on endless magazine cover, game shows, the focus of huge story arcs that brought in ratings we can only dream of today. Gabi is a blip on the radar of the show’s soon to be 55 years.

Comment

• dqc0525
            Board Regular
            • Feb 2012

When Sami left, I left and only came back for Gabi. If she’s gone then I’m gone again.

I started as a Passions and Days fan and eventually started watching other shows following actress I like/love.

So if CB goes to another show then they’ve gained another viewer.

Comment

• Troy44
              Board Regular
              • Aug 2014

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm not buying it. If it were it true why hasn't there been any confirmation. I mean it was confirmed right away that Galen Gering (Rafe), Chandler Massey (Will) and Freddie Smith (Sonny) were being let go. Kristian Alfonso (Hope) announces she's leaving. But Camila is one in which there is radio silence about? That just seems odd to me.

As far as the apparent reports that Camila was taping episodes at the time of the shout down/ While that may have been the case I seem to remember that at the time she was finishing up shooting a movie with Britany Underwood (ex-Leighton from One Life to Live) for either Netflix or Lifetime . And we know that Camila has gotten time off the show to work on other things so couldn't that have been the case this time?

Obviously we won't know for certain until something is announced either way until an announcement is made. But speaking just for myself if Camila continues to light up my screen as Gas continues to kick booty and take names is Salem I'm not going to be the least bit surprised/ .

Comment

• CADY
                CADY commented
                Editing a comment
                Sometimes actors have a clause in their contract, especially if portraying a very popular character, not to confirm a departure for story purposes. JS (EJ) had that clause in his contract, which is why we did not know he was leaving until his last day on screen. CB probably has that clause, which is why she may be keeping quiet. Non-compliance
                can be very costly to an actor. I learned this when listening to an interview JS did after he departed. KA's (Hope) contract had just expired when she decided to leave, which allowed her to make her announcement of departure. I think the actors playing Will & Sonny were at liberty to announce their departures for the same reason.
                Last edited by CADY; July 19, 2020, 09:00 PM.
            • Greenlee19
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jan 2008

Shes left before and the shows survived. Honestly I don't see it making a huge impact.

That said I hope its not true.

Comment

• jmpenn90
                Contract Poster
                • Jan 2009

I feel like they have gone too far with Gabi so I’m fine with her leaving. She has done too many awful things for me to root for her or really care about her at this point. Also in an interview Kristian Alfonso said they wanted her to leave for months and then return. I wonder if that is the case for Gabi as well for budget reasons. Like Kristen and Brady. Maybe they will have actors rotate in and out.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X