• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mgj_08
    Day Player
    • Aug 2014

Wardrobe is killing me...

I love Sonny but somebody please explain to me why wardrobe is sending him to a ball game with a suit on!!!
  • CADY
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2012

I was astonished to see Marlena wear a casual "black" paint suit to her son's wedding. That was really bizarre! The wardrobe department is really off kilter.

Comment

• luv2write
      luv2write commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought that was a bit odd as well!

• TV Man
      TV Man commented
      Editing a comment
      The wedding was in a bar with most of the family missing. I'd say they were going for a casual wedding.
  • RickySpanish
    Contract Poster
    • Dec 2018

lol Sonny is a Kiriakas... Could you see Victor wearing jeans, and a ball cap?

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Sonny and Victor are different people. Sonny used to wear casual clothes.

• RickySpanish
      RickySpanish commented
      Editing a comment
      Has he in recent memory? I don't recall

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Not in recent memory. Which is the major issue.
  • Nab
    Board Regular
    • Jul 2004

I feel like Sonny is always in a suit. Does he own other clothes?

Comment

• TV Man
      TV Man commented
      Editing a comment
      It's odd that he's in a suit all the time considering, according to the writing, he has no job.

• patrick4days
      patrick4days commented
      Editing a comment
      He might be compensating?

• eileenregina
      eileenregina commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been puzzled by him wearing a suit. He does not seem to have any job he goes to and while I realize within the mansion it would be air conditioned, wearing a suit to a ballpark in the midwest during July makes no sense. It is really hot there. Of course Salem is in an alternative universe apparently what with citizens coming back from the dead on a consistent basis.
  • Clementine15
    Scriptwriter
    • May 2015

Most would look far better if they wore whatever they left home and came to work in.

Comment

• icyblue2034
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2013

I don't care for Sonny's endless suit wardrobe. He's not even working (to my knowledge) and still he only ever wears suits. I miss the Sonny that actually wore casual clothes on occasion. Truthfully I miss the Sonny that opened Common Grounds just like I miss Common Grounds. Has any venue undergone so many renovations in the time that place has? And it's best version was Sonny's original vision. Don't get me wrong, Cheatin' Heart will always have a special place. But it was outdated and didn't fit anymore. I'd hoped Sonny might go back to something like that. If he had, we might have gotten a chance to see Sonny looking more relaxed and less "dressed to impress the Titan execs I don't even work for anymore" like he is now.

I suppose there is something to be grateful for: He hasn't gone back to that constant wanna-be gangster slicked back hairstyle.

Comment

• magoo1000
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Aug 2009

What I find even more interesting than Sonny wearing suits is Victor always in a suit. He never goes anywhere. He just sits on the couch. And considering his age and health it must be an ordeal just to get dressed in the morning. But Victor in casual clothes would be weird.

Comment

• peanut100
          Senior Board Member
          • Jan 2016

Victor wears suits all the time because he probable still has business meetings in his home. Now Sonny, who doesn't work wears suits all the time because he can't afford a casual wardrobe since he isn't working.(I know he is rich) Also it makes him feel important and not like the loser they have made him to be.

Comment

• sd3
            Board Regular
            • Dec 2007

It's not technically a suit. He's wearing jeans with all of that.

Comment

• Elle23276
              Board Regular
              • Aug 2018

The show is badly in need of a stylist that has the final word. It's obvious to me that certain characters not only have no idea what looks good on them, but follow their own taste in choosing their on screen wardrobes. Ciara, Kate, and Sarah look atrocious a lot of the time. Claire wears the wrong colours. Marlena's choice for the Ericole wedding was terrible. Kayla needs to leave the '50's flared swing dresses at home in the closet. Allie is already in the drabs. Awful, a lot of it.....they could take some lessons from Y&R who dress their characters superbly...
              Last edited by Elle23276; July 20, 2020, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• Elvis12
                Board Regular
                • Sep 2019

Originally posted by mgj_08 View Post
                I love Sonny but somebody please explain to me why wardrobe is sending him to a ball game with a suit on!!!
                Sonny didn't go to a ball game. He stayed home to help his dad because it was his wedding day. Will went to the game.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
                  JackandJenfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, all three went to the game.
              • renie
                Recurring Poster
                • Mar 2013

Well, at least Will is over the flannel shirt style! IMO, they're trying to make Sonny/Victor emulate the style of the Godfather characters. Although, my memory of older men in my grandfather's era never walked out the door in anything but a suit --except when they were working outside and then of course, the skinny t shirt was allowed.

Comment

• Key
                  Soap Addict
                  • Sep 2015

Talk about weird. I remember when punkish rockers wore suits and ties.
                  Don't believe me? Head to youtube and find The Animals performing "House of the Rising Sun," or The Trashmen doing "Surfin' Bird."
                  Sonny looks slim in suit jackets. I think maybe he wouldn't in a polo shirt.

Comment

• FinchelKlaine4E
                    FinchelKlaine4E commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They don't have plus sizes for men?
                • dee2
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  • Dec 2015

I love what Hope wore today. I loved the two different dresses she wore, with the belts. Maybe they are KA's.

Comment

• Dlee72
                    Dlee72 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was going to say I don't think wardrobe has gotten it all wrong.
                    I really like how they've been dressing Hope lately.She has been looking really good...everything from her makeup,hair and wardrobe has really been on point...not drab and dowdy like they had her looking before they turned her into princess Gina...I also like a lot of her Princess Gina looks too.

• dee2
                    dee2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ^^I agree that Hope has been looking good. Nothing about the show is up to what it was at one time.
                    At one time the actors had a say in wardrobe; I don't know if that still applies.
                • lovejomar
                  Contract Poster
                  • Apr 2013

I wondered about Marlena’s black pantsuit. At least have her wear a pale shade of grey or blue if not a suit dress. What was that horrible bathrobe ugly colored thing that Ciara wore over her dress with going out to drinks with Claire and Allie then slept in it?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X