1. DAYS 0.53 (same/-.09)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers:
    DAYS
    Monday: 1.30/1,789,000
    Tuesday: 1.33/1,797,000
    Wednesday: 1.30/1,734,000
    Thursday: 1.36/1,856,000
    Friday: 1.25/1,738,000

(There were preemptions that occurred during the week and GH had no numbers to show)

This is sad....I am guessing Covid 19 hit hard with the people, who lost their jobs and trying to look for one That's the only logical explanation here

Comment

• tiff5555
      tiff5555 commented
      Editing a comment
      eileenregina Unfortunately a lot of people lost their jobs How are they going to pay the bills and still watch their favorite shows?

• CanaryFan98
      CanaryFan98 commented
      Editing a comment
      tiff5555 If they really wanted to watch Days they would make the time they just aren't interested in the show anymore. For some reason people find this hard to believe.

• tiff5555
      tiff5555 commented
      Editing a comment
      ^ I understand either people have their own stuff to do, and may be not interested in soaps. It is what it is sadly

Reflects the shows quality for sure. Things will only get worse as long as RC stays.

Comment

Even if in the ranking, Days isn't going well, I guess focusing so strongly on the Jarlena family is not giving the results they expected.
      Moreover the show is run by middle-aged men who are not in step with the times in many respects; maybe it's time to hire women and young people, both for writing and for production.

Comment

Its a variety of things: Low Budget, bad writing, lack of promotion.

However its not a good sign that the only soap with new episodes hasn't taken this opportunity to try and boost their ratings here. People would rather watch old episodes of Y&R than new episodes of Days.

This time off should let the writers of these soaps know what used to work and get back to basics they chose not to.

Comment

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think most who watches Y&R, does not know anything about Days and choose to watch. Only some....

• kahinamah
          kahinamah commented
          Editing a comment
          Everyone especially loves their rituals and not change them.

At least they went up. People freak over these ratings.v like have any of you looked at nbcs primetime ratting? They're not much higher for scripted shows than days

Comment

• eileenregina
          eileenregina commented
          Editing a comment
          NBC primetime has been coming in third against ABC and CBS for years. Nothing new there. The only time NBC soaps were in the top tier of ratings was during the heyday of Another World back in the 70s.

Originally posted by ant48 View Post
        Total Viewers:
        2. DAYS 1,783,000 (+13,000/-198,000)

Households:
        2. DAYS 1.31/5 (-.02/-.17) <—— ties low (7th straight week) *

* Rounded to 1.3

Women 18-49 Viewers:
        1. DAYS 218,000 (-6,000/-40,000)

Women 18-49 Rating:
        1. DAYS 0.34/4 (same/-.06) <—– ties low (3rd straight week) *

* Rounded to 0.3

Women 18-34 Viewers:
        1. DAYS 40,000 (-6,000/-6,000)

Women 18-34 Rating:
        1. DAYS 0.12 (-.01/-.01) <—— ties low (5th straight week) *

* Rounded to 0.1

Women 25-54 Viewers:
        1. DAYS 324,000 (-4,000/-57,000)

Women 25-54 Rating:
        1. DAYS 0.53 (same/-.09)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers:
        DAYS
        Monday: 1.30/1,789,000
        Tuesday: 1.33/1,797,000
        Wednesday: 1.30/1,734,000
        Thursday: 1.36/1,856,000
        Friday: 1.25/1,738,000

(There were preemptions that occurred during the week and GH had no numbers to show)
        How do they count those of us who tape via Demand or many other ways available? I use Demand, watch it, then delete it. But I'm watching every day.

Comment

It’s not because of the pandemic or any other excuses we can all lay out to excuse the crappy ratings.

The show is just NOT GOOD right now. Period. End of story.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
            CanaryFan98 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree it isn't good but none of the soaps are currently. Days of all of them is probably the best one because they still have a lot of the vets the problem is the stories they want to write don't translate well for a variety of reasons(bad writing, low budget etc)

• eileenregina
            eileenregina commented
            Editing a comment
            Despite a lot of people being at home for a few months, daytime soaps are not what they are watching anymore. That is just the reality. Does anyone really think people 30 and under would be interested in these? They do up to date story subjects told in an almost Victorian style. They are never going to bring in new viewers in desired demos anymore. The ratings for total viewers go up and down because remaining viewers are no longer hooked they way they were. If I miss a show or two I just don't care. When they bring in new writers it is always one of the recycled writers who were fired from other soaps, not new talent with a modern take.

not good sign for show when their getting numbers this low with no competition

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlee19 View Post
            Reflects the shows quality for sure. Things will only get worse as long as RC stays.
            Honestly​​​​​, I don’t think it’s the writing or RC. After years of knowing DOOL is new, I chose not to watch. I didn’t realize DOOL was airing new episodes since covid, but now that I do, I’ll sometimes check for the first 5 min and then change the channel. I would rather watch TNT or TBS and even the news. I’m not into the soap drama and it’s been like that for a long time now. Soaps like DOOL need to change the formula as it no longer works in this era. Heck, I’m logging in after years only because of the news of KA (Hope’s exit). That’s it.

I will state this: IF they were to air reruns from 1999-2001, I’d rewatch them due to nostalgia. I also found the storylines to be meatier than the new era of storylines. It wasn’t just romance back then as there were mysteries, Stefano, Rolf, etc. it was also a much happier era.

There’s only so much fault these writers can have. It boils down to the soap formula and foundation itself. It needs to evolve.
            Last edited by sema608; July 18, 2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I don't know if reruns are going to work, but who knows It is obvious people have different things to do and have different interest. Even the Covid 19, has put a damper too. Can't say it's not, cuz sooner or later, the soap is going to be affected by it when they reopen. There might be more cuts. Probably is right now cuz they cut Greg, the co-producer or executive off. I think the Fall Season, might determine things and they might limit the episodes too.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X