Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonica1985
    commented on 's reply
    That's the best wedding in Days history.

• fire_lookout
    replied
    While we didn;t get the large on location weddings of the 80s, the 00s brought us larger church weddings. With full pews, and wedding parties. We had some excitement too. Shawn D and the motorcycle through the window at Belle and Phillip's wedding. Sami and her many weddings that didn't go as planned. Even Chad and Abby had a larger church wedding.

Leave a comment:

• dee2
    commented on 's reply
    ClassyIrishLass I have read that it was fans in the church for Bo and Hope's England wedding, also. I read where PR said that it all seemed
    so real, it made him a little nervous, lol. Maybe the show could start doing that again, letting fans be the guests.

• ClassyIrishLass
    commented on 's reply
    The actual wedding part was filmed in Los Angeles though and the church guests were actually fans. I recall reading about that in Soap Opera Digest back in the day that many fans dressed up in their best hoping to be picked from a crowd outside the church the day filming was going on. That was a wonderful location shoot with the Greek ruins. I loved Roman and Diana, then played by Drake Hogestyn, they were on that location as well. Wonderful remote that was indeed. I think the first Days episode I saw was the one with Adrienne crying on the bench after she'd been raped and Justin coming up to her asking if she was ok.

• leela1965
    replied
    Originally posted by ClassyIrishLass View Post
    I know what you mean, it was a whole different world for daytime then. I also miss the location shoots. The trips to Greece, Mexico, they were incredible. Just no money for it now.
    Justin and Adrienne's greek wedding was gorgeous. What a lovely storyline too. I mean - of course, what Adrienne endure with her father was horrific, but I loved how she learned to love and trust with the help of Justin, Kayla , Steve, Jo and Billy-Jack

Leave a comment:

• shome
    commented on 's reply
    Justin and Adrienne wedding was filmed in a Greek Orthodox Church in L.A. Stephen and Joy didn't go on location with the cast and crew. They were in the wedding party. Justin and Adrienne actors went to Greece for honeymoon. Victor and Ro/John and Diane were in Greece too. The church was where George Stephanopious (spelling) from ABC news relative was a priest.

• Carlys #1 Fan
    replied
    It’s sad NBC & Sony give Days such a small budget that they’re barley able to operate. The soaps are given unrealistically small budgets, no prime time promotions, are constantly interrupted, and yet they are expected to perform like they used to.

Leave a comment:

• dee2
    replied
    My favorite was Bo and Hope's 2000 Christmas wedding. There was so much to that; the bachelor and bachelorette parties, the fun with Hope,
    Jennifer and Julie's misadventures in the car, going to the church. Some show did a BTS of the preparations for it. There was money then
    for the lavish weddings.

Leave a comment:

• CanaryFan98
    commented on 's reply
    The weddings back then were an event and usually had a ton of other storylines going on during the weddding. I saw the Y&R weddings week and while they featured weddings of couples I didn't care for(and some I did) they also had other storylines going on in the backdrop of the wedding.

Now weddings are just a plot point and nothing really comes of it in the end.

• CanaryFan98
    commented on 's reply
    Today's soap couples do but back then I remember the marriages lasting a lot longer (or it seemed that way)

• Harmonica1985
    replied
    Small weddings today usually spell doom for the marriage to last.

Leave a comment:

• Harmonica1985
    commented on 's reply
    It wouldn't have been very large.

• shome
    replied
    Steve and Kayla's yacht wedding was during the writers strike. I don't know if that had anything to with not getting a location shoot for their honeymoon. I really loved that large surprise wedding that everyone jumped in to help Steve plan while Kayla thought it was going to be a small ceremony.

Leave a comment:

• kahinamah
    replied
    All the money seems to be given to another soap, unfair the way "days" is treated.

Leave a comment:

• Cat women
    replied
    Adrienne and Justin’s wedding was so beautiful it’s hard to believe it was filmed for a soap.

Bo and Hope’s wedding in England was stunning too. Kim and Shane’s was smaller, but Kim was gorgeous and there was family present.

Steve and Kayla’s was beautiful and moving. Not bad for a part time pool hustler and a nurse.

Weddings now are like they were during WWII ration times.
    Last edited by Cat women; July 17, 2020, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X