X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dee2
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Dec 2015

My favorite was Bo and Hope's 2000 Christmas wedding. There was so much to that; the bachelor and bachelorette parties, the fun with Hope,
    Jennifer and Julie's misadventures in the car, going to the church. Some show did a BTS of the preparations for it. There was money then
    for the lavish weddings.

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
      Contract Poster
      • Mar 2009

It’s sad NBC & Sony give Days such a small budget that they’re barley able to operate. The soaps are given unrealistically small budgets, no prime time promotions, are constantly interrupted, and yet they are expected to perform like they used to.

Comment

• leela1965
        Board Regular
        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by ClassyIrishLass View Post
        I know what you mean, it was a whole different world for daytime then. I also miss the location shoots. The trips to Greece, Mexico, they were incredible. Just no money for it now.
        Justin and Adrienne's greek wedding was gorgeous. What a lovely storyline too. I mean - of course, what Adrienne endure with her father was horrific, but I loved how she learned to love and trust with the help of Justin, Kayla , Steve, Jo and Billy-Jack

Comment

• ClassyIrishLass
          ClassyIrishLass commented
          Editing a comment
          The actual wedding part was filmed in Los Angeles though and the church guests were actually fans. I recall reading about that in Soap Opera Digest back in the day that many fans dressed up in their best hoping to be picked from a crowd outside the church the day filming was going on. That was a wonderful location shoot with the Greek ruins. I loved Roman and Diana, then played by Drake Hogestyn, they were on that location as well. Wonderful remote that was indeed. I think the first Days episode I saw was the one with Adrienne crying on the bench after she'd been raped and Justin coming up to her asking if she was ok.

• dee2
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          ClassyIrishLass I have read that it was fans in the church for Bo and Hope's England wedding, also. I read where PR said that it all seemed
          so real, it made him a little nervous, lol. Maybe the show could start doing that again, letting fans be the guests.
      • fire_lookout
        Board Regular
        • Jul 2018

While we didn;t get the large on location weddings of the 80s, the 00s brought us larger church weddings. With full pews, and wedding parties. We had some excitement too. Shawn D and the motorcycle through the window at Belle and Phillip's wedding. Sami and her many weddings that didn't go as planned. Even Chad and Abby had a larger church wedding.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X