Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the Big Weddings?

All these tiny weddings are making me miss the big event weddings of the 80s. You can really see how the budget cuts have taken their toll. Remember the big, beautiful dresses? Remember the weddings took place in a lovely church? Now it's so obvious they have to use existing sets, even resorting to using the Brady Pub as a wedding location (really??). And how about how they used to have actual attendants in matching outfits? They had enough money to let the whole cast attend or be in the wedding rather than having to come up with dumb excuses of why there are only five people at the wedding.

I tried to attach photos from the weddings of Bo and Hope, Kayla and Steve, John and Marlena, and Adrienne and Justin, but the site won't let me. Google them for yourself and see the wedding parties with bridesmaids, groomsmen, and even flower girls (usually Carrie.)

Sure do miss those Days.

I know what you mean, it was a whole different world for daytime then. I also miss the location shoots. The trips to Greece, Mexico, they were incredible. Just no money for it now.

Comment

Yes when they interviewed KA about her exit they showed a previous clip of her being interviewed for Bope's England wedding and it looked so epic.

Then FF today and well

Comment

I miss when weddings were weddings in Days, even if they didn't go through. We've had three so far and the only one that actually felt like a wedding was Eric and Nicole's. Elani's was beautiful, but it felt more like a family get together and less like a wedding. Kind of like they were already married and they were just doing it for the family. If that makes sense. Justin and Kayla's was...well, doomed from the start so clearly no effort was put in. But even Eric and Nicole's was so small with six strangers in place of people like Will.

Comment

It makes me wish Eric and Nicole had got married a long time ago. Can you imagine how large a wedding that would be?

Comment

• Harmonica1985
            Harmonica1985 commented
            Editing a comment
            It wouldn't have been very large.

Yes, but back then was different- budgets, interests from fans/viewers, era, etc. Honestly, maybe it’s just age but I’m not into wedding episodes. When I was in my teens and 20s, I was excited. In my thirties, I just don’t care and get bored easily with long drawn out ones.

With Eric and Nicole’s, I did think their wedding cake was too small (the one where Sami pushed Nicole and ruined it). I was bored with Lani’s (?) wedding and had to watch Supernatural and Friends instead. Same with Ericole. I’m not sure, but the times have changed for and I prefer adventure, suspense, and mystery type of writing.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
            CanaryFan98 commented
            Editing a comment
            The weddings back then were an event and usually had a ton of other storylines going on during the weddding. I saw the Y&R weddings week and while they featured weddings of couples I didn't care for(and some I did) they also had other storylines going on in the backdrop of the wedding.

Now weddings are just a plot point and nothing really comes of it in the end.

Originally posted by shome View Post
          It makes me wish Eric and Nicole had got married a long time ago. Can you imagine how large a wedding that would be?
          I wish we could see that wedding. That's the wedding this pair deserves after all this time.

Comment

Well, to be honest, marriages don't really last much on soaps. Even "supercouples" break up over silly nonsense instead of fighting for their marriage. Why invest in big weddings if the marriages will end, generally within a year or two?

Comment

• CanaryFan98
              CanaryFan98 commented
              Editing a comment
              Today's soap couples do but back then I remember the marriages lasting a lot longer (or it seemed that way)

I remember Bo and Hope in England. And Adrienne and Justin in Greece. Actually there, not just a set

Comment

• shome
              shome commented
              Editing a comment
              Justin and Adrienne wedding was filmed in a Greek Orthodox Church in L.A. Stephen and Joy didn't go on location with the cast and crew. They were in the wedding party. Justin and Adrienne actors went to Greece for honeymoon. Victor and Ro/John and Diane were in Greece too. The church was where George Stephanopious (spelling) from ABC news relative was a priest.

The budget cuts are definitely visible all around, not only the reused "blue room" sets, but on the weddings as well. Just sad to see how different things are now as opposed to the 80's.

Comment

I have always fast forwarded weddings on Days. Too much drivel talk, teary eyes, and endless vow exchanges. I did the same this week but did watch almost all of Kayla/Justin's non wedding. Justin was stand up and this was not something you see every day.

Comment

Adrienne and Justin’s wedding was so beautiful it’s hard to believe it was filmed for a soap.

Bo and Hope’s wedding in England was stunning too. Kim and Shane’s was smaller, but Kim was gorgeous and there was family present.

Steve and Kayla’s was beautiful and moving. Not bad for a part time pool hustler and a nurse.

Weddings now are like they were during WWII ration times.
                Last edited by Cat women; July 17, 2020, 05:18 PM.

Comment

All the money seems to be given to another soap, unfair the way "days" is treated.

Comment

Steve and Kayla's yacht wedding was during the writers strike. I don't know if that had anything to with not getting a location shoot for their honeymoon. I really loved that large surprise wedding that everyone jumped in to help Steve plan while Kayla thought it was going to be a small ceremony.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                      Harmonica1985 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's the best wedding in Days history.

Small weddings today usually spell doom for the marriage to last.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X