Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allie doesn't need her overbearing parents

Allie doesnt need her controlling parents trying to interfere in her life. She's an adult and has made a clear decision about HER baby. The father would be th only one with any valuable input in the situation. Everyone else should butt out and examine their motives in regards to that baby. Sami coming to Salem will cause nothing but pain and suffering for evryone, especially Allie.

Thoughts?

l believe she should make the final decision, of course, but her family is trying to point out to her some possibilities that she has not thought through yet, like the father's potential involvement. She seems very immature, more like15 than 22. l don't know what the motives are you that you speak of. Mostly, people are just trying to help and support her right now in a difficult situation, l think. Sami may be another matter

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      She's more mature than either of her parents are behaving. If the father comes along then yes he has say in the situation but Sami and Lucas and anyone else should butt out.

• Clementine15
      Clementine15 commented
      Editing a comment
      But she is asking for help and support, is she not??

• Elvis12
      Elvis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually Allie has no idea what she's doing. She is behaving like a 15 year old. The reality of this baby hasn't hit her yet. She has no idea the emotional turmoil when she gives up the baby. She went to Rafe, a previous step-father, and offered him her baby. Who is going to pay for her medical care? Who will pay for the delivery? Where will she live after she gives birth? Who will support her? She is a clueless little girl and Lucas is doing his best to get through to her while everyone else pretends she's an adult and can make her own decisions without having any idea the seriousness of it all.

Allie needs something or someone or she would not be in the situation she is in now. At the least she needs birth control,.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      She definitely should have been more responsible but this doesn't involve her parents or family trying to make her do what they want her to do.

I’m glad her family, including her parents, are concerned and interested in her welfare. Ultimately it’s Allie’s choice, but let’s get real she’s very young and needs support and guidance. Sami is overbearing, but as an adult , Allie knows she can’t avoid her forever.

I don’t mind Allie waiting to tell Sami, but she eventually has to deal with her mom. Also trying to adopt her child out to her Mom’s exhusband without telling her is immature.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sami is the last person that should be involved. Everyone should be making sure she stays out of it. Sami is all about her and what she wants. How is it immature that A lie wants Race to adopt her baby? He's a better choice than anyone in all honesty. No one is listening to Allie about the reasons she wants things the way she does.
      Last edited by Harmonica1985; July 11, 2020, 05:04 PM.

l do think Rafe is a good choice, but he is not the only choice. She should think about this long and hard before she makes a decision

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      She doesn't want to see the baby so that makes Rafe the best and most logical choice.

Originally posted by Harmonica1985 View Post
    Allie doesnt need her controlling parents trying to interfere in her life. She's an adult and has made a clear decision about HER baby. The father would be th only one with any valuable input in the situation. Everyone else should butt out and examine their motives in regards to that baby. Sami coming to Salem will cause nothing but pain and suffering for evryone, especially Allie.

Thoughts?
    Then she needs to stop accepting mommy and daddy's money. She's living off of her grandmother's credit card. You aren't an adult just because you hit 18. If she wants her parents to keep out of it, then she needs to support herself. She doesn't like her mom, but acts just like her. She's immature. Did she go out and find a job? No she played on her uncle's kindness and moved in. She goes around complaining about how it's her choice, but doesn't act like an actual adult. What would an adult do? Tell her mother... Instead she's acting like a child hiding in the closet from mom.
    Last edited by RickySpanish; July 11, 2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Bermudabeachbum
      Bermudabeachbum commented
      Editing a comment
      THANK YOU!!! Reminds me of that saying “Tired of your parents treating you like a kid? Take a stand, move out, get a job. Do it now while you still
      know everything.” Allie could be a poster child for that saying.

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      This pregnancy is no one's business unless Allie chooses to make it their business. Both her parents can go kick rocks.
      Last edited by Harmonica1985; July 11, 2020, 07:33 PM.

• Rogue
      Rogue commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, 18 or even 22 may make you legally responsible but a mature critically thinking adult that can take care of themselves is something different. Until Allie is completely and financially independent from her parents then she gets deal with their input or unwanted advice. Allie is behaving like a child so she is being treated that way by her father. She needs her parents, not all of these other people that spent years screwing up their own lives.

Thoughts?
    eh...I disagree.

Allie spent Sami's money and partied her butt off in London while Sami was taking care of EJ. Then she flies to Salem to mooch off her uncle and grandmother. She has been nothing but irresponsible during this whole pregnancy and probably doesn't know who the father is. And now she wants to give away Sami's grandchild to Sami's ex-husband (that isn't the grandfather!)

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's still her child and it's her decision about giving it up and to whom. Sami just wants to be a control freak as usual.

• THB54
      THB54 commented
      Editing a comment
      How can Sami be accused of being a control freak at this point? She doesn't even know about the baby. Exactly why did Allie come back to Salem? She seems to be playing members of her family against each other while asking them to keep secrets for her.. She's whiny and manipulative so far. Sounds a bit like her mother.

A lot of things bother me about this S/L but the most irritating part is that so many people have inserted themselves into "what should she do?" It's exhausting to watch Lucas wander about town receiving unsolicited advice from anyone that wants to give it. They need to leave him alone and let him be a parent AND Sami needs to know. I find that part so ridiculous. Allie still needs support to get through the pregnancy let alone whatever decision she is going to make. There's "too many cooks in the kitchen" and no one is being helpful at this point.

Comment

Allie doesn't need her controlling parents trying to interfere in her life. She's an adult and has made a clear decision about HER baby. The father would be the only one with any valuable input in the situation. Everyone else should butt out and examine their motives in regards to that baby. Sami coming to Salem will cause nothing but pain and suffering for everyone, especially Allie.
      Since everyone has promised to keep Allie's condition from Sami, isn't it possible Sami comes to town not knowing Allie is in Salem? Maybe she comes to try and stop Eric from marrying Nicole and finds out that way. That makes the most sense to me.

Comment

I am surprised at how controlling Lucas is over this whole adoption thing. Frankly, he is probably as much as a PITA as Sami is going to be!

Comment

Thoughts?
          Allie is the most mature one, compared to her mom and dad. In fact, she's shown more maturity than older women on the show do. in dealing with an unplanned pregnancy. This whole thing pisses me off. Her parents are awful. I have adult daughters, and would. NEVER EVER EVER expect them to handle an adult pregnancy in this fashion.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
            JackandJenfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Allie, mature? 🙄 She partied, spent her parents' money to the point she was cut off, then ran and hid from her mom to crash at her uncle's. When confronted with the pregnancy and mentioning that the father should know, she complains and whines.

Originally posted by leela1965 View Post

Allie is the most mature one, compared to her mom and dad. In fact, she's shown more maturity than older women on the show do. in dealing with an unplanned pregnancy. This whole thing pisses me off. Her parents are awful. I have adult daughters, and would. NEVER EVER EVER expect them to handle an adult pregnancy in this fashion.
          I meant compared to her parents who are showing a lack of maturity (Sami getting all bent about Eric's wedding)

Comment

She's behaving like a 13-year-old, and could actually be as dimwitted as Joey Johnson.
            But I wouldn't wish Sami on any child.
            As for Lucas, he still has mommy issues of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by leela1965 View Post

No Allie is very immature, if she has been mature she would have gone to her dad Lucas from the beginning and told him that she was pregnant and her concerns about not wanting her mom Sami to find out
              Last edited by Skins 2008; July 14, 2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

While I concur that Lucas is being a freakout case, I can't say that Allie is showing a lot of maturity herself. She rides in on Grandma Kate's credit card, having exhausted the financial support of her parents, and then freeloads off Uncle Eric and automatic-sympathy-vote Nicole. She parades around with the unzip-reveal and waits for the gasps of shock. Marlena said it best when she commented "I can see why Uncle Eric is so frustrated with you". She wants smiles and sympathy and turns on the puppy eyes when she wants something, but plays snarky, spoiled and downright rude in most conversations when people are not instantly agreeing with her. Ultimately, it's her baby and her choice, but the father has a right to know and to participate in the decision (such as, does he want to be a parent to the child, even if Allie does not wish to raise the baby). Allie wants to be treated like an adult, but acts like a bratty teenager who just got her cellphone confiscated. She doesn't need overbearing parents, but she could have used some parenting to begin with. She at least has the sense to acknowledge she wouldn't be any better of a parent than her mother was. She should realize that she is lucky enough to have a family that isn't tossing her out because she is pregnant - they are trying to offer support and suggestions to make sure she considers all of her options. Unfortunately, Allie doesn't have the maturity to recognize that she is surrounded by a loving family that wants the best for her.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X