Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did any of Sami's pairings reach Super Couple status?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did any of Sami's pairings reach Super Couple status?

I thought she and Brandon had a strong chance, but then the actor left the show. I really think that's the only reason they ended Sami and Brandon when they did.

I know Lumi and Ejami both have strong fanbases, and I am a fan of both couples, but were either of them "Super Couple" a la Bope or Stayla, etc? Again, I think Lumi were for awhile considered a Super Couple and really could have remained one of the show's great ones if TPTB hadn't opted for Ejami over Lumi. While I liked Rafe and Sami as well, they weren't together long enough nor did they go through the angst type stories most super couples do. Though I will say that Safe was written kind of like most Super Couples are: the guy having to save the woman, which Rafe seemed to have to do for Sami time and time again.

Lumi and Ericole are the last of the supercouples.

Comment

• Abby_fan
      Abby_fan commented
      Editing a comment
      No, them not meeting in the eighties is not the reason Nicole and Eric were not a super couple. JMHO

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Abby_fan Yeah, I never said you had to agree with my opinion. 🙄

• GrandmaJulie
      GrandmaJulie commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe Ericole are a supercouple but Chabby is as well.

With Sami, days showed us that we can fall in love several times in a life (not like other couples of days), she first had Lucas her first love, then with Brandon I think it could have become serious, and Ej more adult, they accepted themselves as they were.

Comment

• kahinamah
      kahinamah commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. I think this idea of ​​a great couple really comes from the fans, I find it a shame because results prevent a lot of other stories, I imagine if they had given Hope a real chance with patrick and Aiden.

• savytabby
      savytabby commented
      Editing a comment
      GrandmaJulie, I don't think the Don and Marlena pairing was ever as popular as her ones with Roman and John. Having said that, though, I started watching during the Salem Strangler story, which was when Marlena was already divorced from Don and had just met Roman. And having said that, I have always firmly believed that John, with all his memory issues and changes to his past, should have actually turned out to be Don Craig, which would have explained possibly why Marlena was so drawn to him and given his connections to others. After all, Don Craig left his office to mail a letter and was never seen or heard from again. That was always my FF storyline idea -- that John Black was really Don Craig -- and it still is.

• savytabby
      savytabby commented
      Editing a comment
      GrandmaJulie, I don't think the Don and Marlena pairing was ever as popular as her ones with Roman and John. Having said that, though, I started watching during the Salem Strangler story, which was when Marlena was already divorced from Don and had just met Roman. And having said that, I have always firmly believed that John, with all his memory issues and changes to his past, should have actually turned out to be Don Craig, which would have explained possibly why Marlena was so drawn to him and given his connections to others. After all, Don Craig left his office to mail a letter and was never seen or heard from again. That was always my FF storyline idea -- that John Black was really Don Craig -- and it still is.

I feel Jack and Jennifer were the last of the supercouples. Sami had popular pairings, but she was able to move on to other popular pairings. The era of writing for couples was over, in part this was an effort to make the show actor proof.
    Last edited by Cat women; July 10, 2020, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
      CanaryFan98 commented
      Editing a comment
      You beat me to it this is my response

• GrandmaJulie
      GrandmaJulie commented
      Editing a comment
      Chabby is a supercouple:

• Greenlee19
      Greenlee19 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. The term super couple doesn't apply to anyone after the 90s. Sami had popular pairings but Ejami were very polarizing.

It depends on how the fans feels about Sami and her men. What I do know from Days history, Days intended to make Lucas her only man, but that fell apart with Austin. Brandon had a great potential, but I think the actor left or something happened due to Days. People really dig her with EJ, and they wanted to push for her to be with Rafe. Days in the end, by Ken, admitted that EJAMI was a supercouple. I think they are the last supercouple tied with others, but in the mist of it too, CHABBY, WILSON and ELANI, are also contender to be in the status too.

Comment

Ejami were the last supercouple. Lumi were good too!

Comment

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
        It depends on how the fans feels about Sami and her men. People really dig her with EJ. Days in the end, by Ken, admitted that EJAMI was a supercouple. I think they are the last supercouple tied with others, but in the mist of it too, CHABBY, WILSON and ELANI, are also contender to be in the status too.
        tiff5555, while I am not a fan of them, I do feel that Chabby has supercouple status/writing. Prior to Chandler Massey leaving the first time, I'd say Wilson were on their way, but ever since he left and was recast with Guy, the writing has been horrible. Elani are definitely NOT a super couple. Not even close. I'd say Abe and Lexie were one before them and they were never written as such. And it's a shame because Elani actually has a lot of potential, but their chemistry, IMO, is bland and TPTB don't write any story for them other than accidentally getting pregnant.

Comment

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear ya! And Guy Wilson kind of ruined WILSON. It’s not his fault, I just thought the writers saw his status from another show and thought he can do well on Days. What was funny and odd was that Paul has both Sonny and Will, lol! Paul was the lucky one here.

The word super couple gets thrown around a lot.
        I remember reading the actors and the show saying Sami and Lucas were a super couple. I don't know that they ever reached that status because the show doesn't write for super couples the way they used to.
        Sami and EJ were certainly popular, but I don't think of them as a supercouple.
        When I hear supercouple I think Bo and Hope, John and Marlena, Steve and Kayla, Justin and Adrienne. Even Jack and Jen squeak in, but after that, it's more uncertain.

Comment

Sami & EJ were the "super couple"! They are not a traditional love story because neither are traditional people. Very popular indeed! They are still mentioned in soap medias as a "super couple". They are a non-traditional super duo. They were even on Jay Leno, due to their popularity.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
            Harmonica1985 commented
            Editing a comment
            No they were not. Rape is not a catalyst to create a perverted love story.

• CADY
            CADY commented
            Editing a comment
            I know what you mean. I find Kayla with Steve repulsive! There story is perverted to me.

Lumi might have qualified for that status at one point, but I don't think they reached it. EJami were never a supercouple. In spite of the rapemance, abuse, obsession, violence, attempted murder, and all the other horrible things they were constantly doing to each other they did manage to build a big fanbase. But that didn't make them a supercouple.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
            Harmonica1985 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lumi were heading in that direction. EJami never were.

I don't think there are any supercouples on Soaps past the 90s just based on how people describe the writing back in those days. EJami never got the traditional "supercouple" writing. Despite that I think they built up the equivalent of a supercouple fan base b/c of the chemistry between AS and JS (and they were my version of a supercouple bc I didn't start watching Days until the 2000s). At the end of the day, I personally think they belong together and that at this point there is no reason to rehash and split them up. They have their happily ever after...or as much of one as they were ever going to be allowed to have.

Comment

Super couple writing died in the 90s, hence Jack and Jennifer were the last of the super couples.

That doesn’t mean Sami’s relationships weren’t impactful or important to the show. I think it is widely regarded that two of her relationships reached that level of popularity: Lumi & Ejami.

Comment

LUMI was a beginner loves
              EJAMI was alike
              SAFE had a mature relationship
              Brandon made Sami felt like a woman....

Comment

• savytabby
                savytabby commented
                Editing a comment
                LUMI were definitely more than a beginner loves tiff5555. But that is how they started out and you never forget your first love.

• savytabby
                savytabby commented
                Editing a comment
                LUMI were definitely more than a beginner loves tiff5555. But that is how they started out and you never forget your first love.

Lucas and Sami "Lumi" were the last super couple the show had IMO..

Comment

[QUOTE=tiff5555;n3021549]LUMI was a beginner loves

A lot of people put Lumi on the same level as Bope,Jarlena,Patch and Kayla, they were not a beginner love they were a super couple! Bonnie left them off her list because it didn't her narrative.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X