Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Do you enjoy love triangles on the show?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Do you enjoy love triangles on the show?

Yes. They are a classic soap staple.
    8.00%
    Nope. They don't interest me.
    22.67%
    Sometimes, depends on the story.
    50.67%
    Very rarely. There have been a few instances.
    18.67%

Sometime they are interesting, but not very often.

Comment

Depends on the story and the couple. I don’t want one with Chabby.

Comment

• GHKissOff
        GHKissOff commented
        Editing a comment
        Neither do I why because we know how these go. Chabby are the endgame always and the other person is demonized in some way to make them look better while ruining another character in the process.

Originally posted by CADY View Post
      Sometime they are interesting, but not very often.
      Yes. I said very rarely because of this.

Every now and then, there will be a genuinely good triangle that plays out the angst perfectly. But, most of the time they feel like filler and a waste of time.

Comment

• CADY
        CADY commented
        Editing a comment
        My sentiments exactly.

I'd like to see a triangle with the end result not being so obvious maybe something where we don't already know who the loser will be. I heard the John/Marlena /Roman triangle was good and could have gone either way.

Comment

• GHKissOff
        GHKissOff commented
        Editing a comment
        Your right that was a decent triangle at first and Roman had just as much a chance as John. I could say the same of Sami, EJ, and Rafe, or Sami, EJ and Lucas there was no clear winner at first, viewers made up their minds. Now that is writing a real triangle, not those Chabby manufactured things where another character is nothing but angst for their all-powerful love or what we just saw with Justin, Kayla, and Steve where we knew where it was heading. Good triangles are just triangles where we see the woman or man torn between two possible loves, not they love one and someone else is just angst, that's not a triangle IMHO.

Triangles was once a very bing part of soaps. I don’t mind one as long as it is true to the history of both relationships; and all involved have equal footing. If it is interesting and written well, it can be entertaining.

Comment

Do not like them when we all know the results of them
        before the triangle even starts. Like Patch and Kayla and Abigail and Chad.l
        Last edited by lagirl; July 9, 2020, 10:28 PM.

Comment

It depends. When a triangle is put around Chabby or with Abby it’s to destroy the other characters, Stefan, Gabi, Sami and soon another character if the rumors are true.

I liked the triangle Roman/Marlena/John.

Comment

Originally posted by kahinamah View Post
            It depends. When a triangle is put around Chabby or with Abby it’s to destroy the other characters, Stefan, Gabi, Sami and soon another character if the rumors are true.

I liked the triangle Roman/Marlena/John.
            I'm not too sure how Gabi or Sami were "destroyed" by Chabby or Abby. It kind of made Gabi into a character people actually paid attention to, instead of another one of JJ's boring girlfriends or whatever it was she was doing.

Sami is simply too big of a character to ever be destroyed by any story.

But, I agree that I don't like Chabby triangles. They are pointless and predictable. The only successful one was Chad/Abby/Ben.

Comment

I haven't liked a triangle since Sonny/Brenda/Jax on GH. I know they're a staple but frankly they're pretty predictable and written badly.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
                CanaryFan98 commented
                Editing a comment
                That was the last soap triangle I liked and you never really knew who she was going to pick. They also managed to end it appropriately as well she didn't end up with either in the end.

Another good one was Kathleen/Cass/Frankie on AW

Now most of them are one sided and the person in the middle is considered incredibly fickle.

Originally posted by Greenlee19 View Post
              I haven't liked a triangle since Sonny/Brenda/Jax on GH. I know they're a staple but frankly they're pretty predictable and written badly.
              That was one of the best triangles, one of the few really good ones where you could root for both pairings and she really had a choice to make.

Comment

I am sick to death of triangles. Yes, at one time, years ago, triangles had their place on soaps, but no more. It's just tiresome and all it ends up doing is leaving fanbases at war, and makes the characters look stupid in the end. Triangles just feel so forced and contrived. I wish Ron would learn how to leave them behind.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                  Harmonica1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Triangles are part of soaps.

Originally posted by Shimmer33 View Post
                I'd like to see a triangle with the end result not being so obvious maybe something where we don't already know who the loser will be. I heard the John/Marlena /Roman triangle was good and could have gone either way.
                I agree it’s rare I enjoy them . They should have ones where you don’t know how it will end it use to be a more common way of using that kind of sl. Too often it’s obvious and it’s lazy writing.

Comment

When well written. And even then only when thoughtfully placed. Often times they are one sided and it's clear one character is getting stepped on to prop the pair that will be together. Like Justin in this thing with Steve and Kayla. What's the point when the endgame is clear and there's no use investing in anything else? Then it's not a story, it's just a slog to the inevitable.

With all that in mind, Days has overdone it. Seems like there is always a triangle going and there's never anything compelling about them because it's written such that we know from the outset who will be together.

Comment

It depends on how it is written. Overall, I don't like love triangles (or squares or other shapes), because people end up coming off badly - wishy-washy, jealous, possessive, etc. Also, one character almost always gets step on to prop the main coupling.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X