Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you ron for today's show

It is about time Justin was written intelligently and not made out to be a fool and incompetent as he has been for many years.

Justin was humble, he was respectful while he told Kayla how he found out that Steve still loves her and wants her back while his heart was breaking.

He was a gentleman doing what he felt he had to do for Steve and Kayla and of course himself knowing he couldn't live with himself if he didn't.

So thank you Ron for writing Justin in a good light finally, it's been a long time coming.

He was wonderful. And he is now the best and most mature person in the triangle, such as it was. I am heartbroken to accept that Stayla, Patch and Sweetness, my very first supercouple fandom, has become a couple I cannot like, and individuals I whose actions regarding one another I cannot abide.

But at least my much beloved Justin (played by my beloved Wally Kurth) was shown to be his amazing, honorable, and loving self.

Comment

I loved everything about today's show and Wally Kurth was definitely the highlight. So happy he has been given some decent material in the past year. Still wish he had won the emmy. But i loved all of the characters involved in the show today...most were vets that have years of history, friendship, and love and they were all hurting. Loved John's hurt and pain that his friend was leaving. Loved Marlena trying to cheer him up. Loved Steve's message to Jack. Loved the friendship good-by of Hope and Steve. And always love the father and son scenes of Justin and Sonny. The airport scene was great (i was so happy that Steve did not get on the plane)!! And my heart jumped with joy at seeing Judy Evans. It was a good old fashion soap drama with only good guys involved making it much more heartbreaking then an evil interloper stopping a wedding! Have loved this whole story and most of the dialogue has been well written!! Kudos RC!!

Comment

• Harbor Club
        Harbor Club commented
        Editing a comment
        Lots of the friend interaction we don't see enough of.

• ElizBBrowning
        ElizBBrowning commented
        Editing a comment
        I loved everything about today's show and I agree that Justin was the highlight of the show. Because of the spoilers, we would be seeing Judi/Bonnie? at the end of the show and I couldn't wait and it pulled at my heart strings finally seeing her. The look on Justin's face was priceless.
        I was so afraid that this scene would be cut.

I had to watch the show again, it was so good.

This whole week has been good.

Comment

Too bad that the writers missed a opportunity with Justin going bad...he is back to his happy self.

Comment

My heart breaks for Justin. I really liked him and Kayla together. I'm so over Steve and Kayla.

Comment

I'm glad he stopped trying to be the bad guy. He knew the truth all along, ever since he manipulated Steve in the hospital. Only now he finally admitted it to everyone and to himself. They were never a good fit. Got together way too quickly and everyone in Salem just loved them together without a problem. Not even Sonny. I'm glad it's ending with Justin being the stand up guy and not settling for keeping secrets to get the girl.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
              Harmonica1985 commented
              Editing a comment
              I couldn't agree with you more.

Originally posted by icyblue2034 View Post
            I'm glad he stopped trying to be the bad guy. He knew the truth all along, ever since he manipulated Steve in the hospital. Only now he finally admitted it to everyone and to himself. They were never a good fit. Got together way too quickly and everyone in Salem just loved them together without a problem. Not even Sonny. I'm glad it's ending with Justin being the stand up guy and not settling for keeping secrets to get the girl.
            I never agreed he manipulated Steve. He told Steve the truth, a truth that he was entitled to tell as a person who 1) loves Kayla and 2) was himself a victim. That's not manipulation. There was no indication he told Steve with the goal of guilting Steve. He told Steve because he was angry and frustrated with Steve's attitude that everything was over and should go back to the way it was before Rolf kidnapped him and turned him into Steveno.

Steve needed to know that Kayla had some stuff to process. That Steve wasn't at fault doesn't mean Kayla AND JUSTIN didn't experience it. The only thing Justin did that was not 100% on the up 'n up was not telling Kayla that he was the one who told Steve. But Justin didn't lie. Steve lied about who told him. And when Justin was about to correct that lie, Kayla cut him off and said it didn't matter who told Steve. Was Justin not his most honest best self in that moment? No. But he didn't lie. He just allowed Kayla to silence him.

So, IMO, he was never the bad guy or written as the bad guy. He asked Kayla if she needed time or wanted to step back repeatedly. Kayla said she didn't need time and knew that she wanted to be with Justin. That is not Justin's fault. Even if he only believe her because he wanted to, he believed her. But learning Steve had lied, Justin decided that Kayla deserved to make her choice knowing the truth. He's the only one who chose Kayla over Steve, including Steve. As much as Steve pretended he was doing what he did for her, he was a coward. He couldn't admit that the problem was his guilt. So he lied to Kayla and told her he didn't want to be with her.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
              Harmonica1985 commented
              Editing a comment
              He may not have meant to manipulate Steve but he did. At that time Justin has his motives to keep Kayla away from Steve and telling Steve everything would ensure that because Justin knew Steve would back away from her. I'm so happy in the end he overheard the talk between Hope and Jennifer then he knew he couldn't marry Kayla under false pretenses.

• rkm137
              rkm137 commented
              Editing a comment
              Harmonica1985 If he didn't mean to manipulate, then he was no manipulative. The fact that Justin didn't want Steve around Kayla (for both selfish and legitimate reasons) and that him telling Steve the TRUTH had that effect is not dishonest or manipulative. It just is cause and effect.

Today confirmed that the show can be better than it has been when it concentrates on characters and their history rather than cheap stunts and camp. Wally Kurth (who I consider one of the most underrated actors on soaps) was amazing and when he started crying at the end, I really felt his pain. He has suffered two major losses this year but knows he did the right thing. I also loved Jack this week, he is so funny and also touching in his love for his family.

Comment

• ElizBBrowning
              ElizBBrowning commented
              Editing a comment
              I love your post, I felt his pain too.

Magnificent episode, so moving, Wally Kurth is a talenteux and incredible actor.

Comment

Once again, we see how truly outstanding our soap can be when the writers put in the effort to tell a human and emotional story. Before this, the last story that made the same impact was the car crash and aftermath--- a story that showed us the true depth of talent the show is blessed with. No stunts, no camp, no over the top wedding crashes, no revenge plotters for now or for the future, just simple human emotion and human decency. When Justin said that he and Kayla would still always be friends, my heart broke, and it broke again when he burst into tears. Easily one of the best episodes of the last few years. And, not an accident that the entire episode, except for Sonny and Will, had only the veterans - the exact same characters and same actors that have originated and played these characters for over 30 years. Thank you to the writers and the actors for giving us such an amazing episode, for allowing our actors to demonstrate that all of them are more than capable of carrying this show without nonsensical storylines or magic serums, and for giving us a day that honoured every story and character and relationship/interaction of the last 30 years, without sugar coating or glossing over the rough patches. At last, a decent, mature episode for adults, one that shows that Days too, could win some Emmys if it had this type of writing all the time. Kudos to all!

Comment

Man, Wally Kirth is so good at what he does because Justin had me bawling like a baby. I will never understand Kayla if she goes back to Steve after that. Justin is the man who loves her and if she can't see it she deserves a creep like Steve who abandons her at random.

Comment

What an excellent episode!!! Fantastic writing and acting all around! The buildup to Steve & Kayla’s reunion has been fantastic. I can’t wait to see today’s show!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X