• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greenlee19
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Carlys #1 Fan View Post
    This is truly terrible news. Terrible for the show, terrible for fans, terrible for Bo & Hope fans, and terrible for soaps.
    reminds me of Luke/Laura and GH. was never the same once Luke really left and now I feel it will be the same when Hope leaves. A face of the show will be gone. Already Days feels different to me and this will only add to it.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Luke's ( AG) was a great thing for GH.

• CanaryFan98
      CanaryFan98 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think Luke's exit made much of a difference considering the show's focal point is Sonny/MB.

That being said Luke leaving and bringing Laura back was a great thing and she was able and allowed to exist beyond Luke. She existed before him tbh people forget her and Scotty were popular but L&L became iconic.
  • beatlegirlstl
    Board Regular
    • Mar 2006

I’m sad to hear this as I love KA but to be honest, I haven’t enjoyed Hope’s storylines much since Bo left. I liked Hope with Aiden until they made him evil and Chase raped Ciara. Never cared for her with Rafe romantically though I love their friendship.

Comment

• gymguy68
      gymguy68 commented
      Editing a comment
      You read my mind!! Hope died when Bo died.
  • CanaryFan98
    Executive Poster
    • Oct 2009

End of an era. Hope is one of my faves but she's been directionless for quite some time and ruined in recent years. She never recovered. In retrospect she should've been written out with Bo and given an HEA for Days 50th anniversary. Instead she'll probably end up having a HEA with Rafe ugh.

I don't think this is a good sign for the show's future and many more exits to come tbh.

Comment

• Greenlee19
      Greenlee19 commented
      Editing a comment
      I give this show two more years tops

• gymguy68
      gymguy68 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had the same thought. Hope was my main reason for watching and yes, not a good sign. Fingers crossed she will be back soon.
  • Braebee
    Recurring Poster
    • Jan 2007

I started watching DOOL back in 1983 with the love triangle of Renee\Tony\Anna and Bo and Hope first crossing paths storylines catching my interest. I was in Junior High and was obsessed with the show. Bo and Hope were the best. I am very sad to hear Kristian Alfonso is leaving the show. She is one of the only reasons left that I watch. The writing is not very exciting and nobody seems to be interested in writing romances anymore. Thank you Kristian Alfonso for your many years on this show. Hope Williams Brady is an iconic character that I will always treasure..

Comment

• gymguy68
      gymguy68 commented
      Editing a comment
      FIVE STARS!! That's when Days was at its peak and probably the best time for our Salem family. I was a freshman in high school in 1983 and couldn't wait to get home & rewind the VCR. I'm really, really going to miss KA.
  • icyblue2034
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2013

Oh wow, end of an era indeed. It was clear they couldn't handle writing for her and Hope hasn't been herself since before Bo died. Still I thought they'd finally turned a corner.

I really hope they know better than to write her off into the sunset with Rafe. They need to beg PR to come back just long enough to be revived and have Bo and Hope go off on the happily ever after the characters deserve.

Comment

• kahinamah
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Sep 2019

I liked Hope, too bad, I hope Days will recover from this departure. I wonder how she is going to leave, alone, with Rafe, move, with Bo it's been too many years since he died, and the actor doesn't seem to want to come back.
      I would good see Cin will move over his house.

They will have to fill this void, perhaps by keeping Phillip to stay (and this time he is in the foreground), give more importance to Kate, less see the Hortons (considering the departure of Hope and Will) and more Dimera (with the return from Johnny, Sydney, Tony) and Brady (with a permanent return from Roman)

Comment

• Elle23276
        Board Regular
        • Aug 2018

I won't miss her. She's been background noise for quite a while now.

Comment

• tiff5555
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by CanaryFan98 View Post
          End of an era. Hope is one of my faves but she's been directionless for quite some time and ruined in recent years. She never recovered. In retrospect she should've been written out with Bo and given an HEA for Days 50th anniversary. Instead she'll probably end up having a HEA with Rafe ugh.

I don't think this is a good sign for the show's future and many more exits to come tbh.
          If this was a decade ago, the show would have nose dived! Apparently, right now, the show will survive because there are others in the forefront. And Days wants to bank on others more. I personally don't see nothing wrong if she gets a HEA with Rafe. She should. They had some fans who rooted for them. Not sure of Rafe, if it will nose dived. Probably not considering he is on less. Anyway, I think we will be okay!

Comment

• kristendny
            Scriptwriter
            • May 2012

I adore Kristian, and I have always loved the character of Hope. I will miss her, and I wish her all the best.

Comment

• rexjdk@msn.com
              Contract Poster
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by pnorbert2222 View Post

I've always wanted Carrie, Sami, Eric and Belle to be on the show at the same time. I don't think it's been like that since Belle was an infant. I would like to see how all 4 of them interact even if Carrie and Belle aren't technically related.

I think Belle and Eric interacted a few years back when I couldn't make it home for lunch so I never got to see them interact.
              I would love for Carrie to return full time and I hope she brings Noah with her,

Comment

• ctcsport
                Board Regular
                • May 2010

I never really followed the character that much, but I will say she has probably been the worst treated one as far as storylines.

they put the kiss of death on her and Rafe to have Bo basically hand his wife over to him? just cringe-worthy.

and terrible plot wise to have Hope kill Stefano, they should have had a dying Bo kill him? and for once have retired both of those characters.

wish KA best in her "time off" (no one stays gone "too" long)

Comment

• jcwalk
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Harbor Club View Post
                  That is sad news. Maybe she goes with Rafe.
                  I think you maybe onto something. All the Hope Rafe scenes have me wonder if Hope reunites with Rafe, now i think perhaps that is what happens. Then maybe Hope & Rafe take Allie and all 3 ride off to sunset. I would be good with this.

Comment

• december rose
                    december rose commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am also thinking that Hope and Rafe leave together. It seems they are spending a lot of time together and Hope really caring about him.

If Hope goes with him, I don't see Rafe adopting Allie's baby.
                • Dean_Morgan79
                  Under-Five
                  • Jul 2020

Alfonso will be missed. Like all soap characters, some stories may have not been the best for her, but Hope is easily one of the most recognizable Days characters and Alfonso has proudly been part of the cast for decades. Alfonso has shown she is capable of anything thrown at her. I still don't understand how she didn't get an Emmy nomination the year that Hope's son, Zach, died. I wish her the very best in the future. I worry what her departure, as well as the other cast departures that have been confirmed, will mean for the show. I never used to worry about "soap opera blood baths" but with just 4 soaps left and ratings no where like they used to be, it makes me worry. I would never not want to be able to visit Salem.

Comment

• Ben7
                    Board Regular
                    • Aug 2010

With both Rafe and Hope leaving I hope they get a happy ending together. With them both gone I am running out of characters that I actually care about.

Comment

I know she'll be missed, but I think it's her time. She's just been spinning her wheels since Bo's death. We have Lani and Eli to fill Hope and Rafe's detective roles, and there are plenty of characters of that generation still around. She's not really needed anymore and they never figured out what to do with her. I wish KA the absolute best

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X