Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Hope. 😕. I'm sure the fear of Covid19 will make it easier not to return.

Comment

Originally posted by ElizBBrowning View Post
      From what I have read, Hope will not be returning to the show when it resumes production in Sept. She has already filmed her last episode several months ago.

TV Line first reported the news of her departure today, July 6. Because I didn't know how reliable this source was I wouldn't have written about it except it is posted here now.

Maybe the funeral is for Hope.
      From the wording in her post, it made it seem (to me) that DOOL knew about her plans. She said she had already taped her last scenes, Hoping that means she has a great exit story - without killing her off. Let her just leave town.

It is amazing that there were no leaks about her exit until now. I guess with the set shut down, soap mags and others who report on these things did not notice KA wasn't around.

Comment

Wow, that was unexpected. I wish KA all the best of luck In her going forward. I liked Hope but she really won’t be missed by me. Hope was regulated to a supporting role at best. She is a wonderful actress, however. Maybe COVID-19 played a part in her decision. Good bye Hope Brady, for now.

Comment

I will miss her so much.

I do think Hope has been poorly written, but even so... she has been a part of the show since I started watching. She makes it feel like Days. There will surely be hole that is left with her departure.

I wish KA the best. She is a legendary and iconic soap actress and I hope she will return some day.

Comment

This is a shock. I started watching soaps when I was a kid because of Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell. I'm just saddened by this news and I am about ready to call it quits with Days. If my favorites aren't going to be around why would I continue to watch this mess? Ugh, so frustrated by this!

Comment

I wonder why she came out with this now instead of waiting for the scenes to air? Maybe she's on the verge of taking another job so it would have come out soon anyway.

Comment

Didn't she take a break from DAYS when she was on Falcon Crest? I hope they leave the door open for her return.

Comment

So sorry to hear this! Hope has been like a ship cut loose from it's mooring since Bo died, so maybe it's best for the character, just for now, and we will see her again one day.

Comment

Really the end of a Days era!!! I really liked KA although Hope was never really the same after Bo died in my view. They tried with Rafe but it just didn’t work that much it seems. Wishing KA well and will check her out on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by mlauenstein View Post
                    I wonder why she came out with this now instead of waiting for the scenes to air? Maybe she's on the verge of taking another job so it would have come out soon anyway.
                    She may have planned something else in her acting career. I feel based from her info, she just abruptly quit. It may be due to less salary. She has had some salary cuts in her years. Plus being in the same job can tear one down.

Comment

I don't think it was abrupt. She said she filmed her last scene months ago.

People don't quit a job they have had for 37 years abruptly

Maybe she was still under contract and was not allowed to announce it until now.
                      With production shut down, the soap mags and insiders would not have noticed that she was not on set.

Comment

• cali815
                        cali815 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm wondering if she made the announcement now because her last day is coming up soon. I wonder if she will take the assignment with Shane that was mentioned today.

• tiff5555
                        tiff5555 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Based from the info, she definitely did. There is no Hope’s exit story, nor she planned that that last day, was her last day. It is possible with Days giving her less salary/less scenes because the contracts was taken away that she gotten tired from playing Hope.

I'm saddened to read this. I became a Days fan because of Bo and Hope. I live in New Orleans and was just a pre-teen when Bo and Hope came to New Orleans and first made love at Oak Alley Plantation. I was transfixed. When they killed Bo off, oh boy did I cry. I stopped watching about a week later and never watched another full episode again. Somehow I always figured that whenever KA chose to leave, Peter would return in a cameo and Bo would come back for his Fancy Face.

To be honest I figured it would be how DOOL would end. When the show had their big re-boot years ago (when Horton Square was dedicated), those episodes felt like the show handed over the reigns to Bo and Hope. They became the maternal and paternal figureheads of Salem and I thought the show would eventually conclude with them as the central figures. I am in shock that Fancy Face is leaving - and apparently doing so with little or no big storyline and that she's doing it with Bo nowhere in sight.

Comment

• tiff5555
                        tiff5555 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Peter made up his mind during late 2011 or early 2012, because of the 6 months ahead of taping that he was leaving to spend his time with his family. I agree with the sentiment value there with you...but his timing of leaving, did not made it special. If he was staying, then yeah, it would have been a passing torch there.

I uh think we would be fine with Days now. If this was a decade ago or two, it would have been a big problem.

I am gonna miss the actress, days is not gonna be the same without her.

Comment

Originally posted by december rose View Post
                        I don't think it was abrupt. She said she filmed her last scene months ago.

People don't quit a job they have had for 37 years abruptly

Maybe she was still under contract and was not allowed to announce it until now.
                        With production shut down, the soap mags and insiders would not have noticed that she was not on set.
                        I will be very surprised if Hope leaves Salem in any of the episodes they've already taped. There is nothing in her statement to indicate that she taped Hope's final scenes. Only that she taped "her" final scenes.

And don't forget, she's NOT leaving a job. No one on Days of Our Lives has a job. Their contracts were all cancelled.

So basically she is applying for a NEW job, and I'll bet they took the opportunity to offer her an even lower salary and she opted not to take the job, period.

Comment

• kristendny
                          kristendny commented
                          Editing a comment
                          On Instagram, she stated that she filmed her final episode several months ago.

kristendny commented
                        Today, 03:26 AM

On Instagram, she stated that she filmed her final episode several months ago.

As did everyone else in the cast.
                        Last edited by mlauenstein; July 12, 2020, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
                          JackandJenfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No. I took it as KA filmed her last last episode prior to break and that she is not returning. We all know they're not back filming yet. I don't see her coming back ( at this time.)

• kristendny
                          kristendny commented
                          Editing a comment
                          JackandJenfan is right. If you read Kristian's post on Instagram, it's quite clear.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X