X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! Actress Out!

Kristian Alfonso is leaving Days.

EXCLUSIVE: It’s an end of an era for Days Of Our Lives. Kristian Alfonso, one of the daytime drama’s most recognizable and longest-tenured stars, is leaving the NBC series, which she first joined in 1983.

“I feel blessed and honored to have been invited into people’s homes for over three decades. However, it is now time for me to write my next chapter,” Alfonso said in a statement to Deadline.

As we reported on Friday, Days Of Our Lives plans to return to production on September 1.

“I will not be returning to Days when it resumes production in September,” Alfonso said. “I’ve already filmed my last episode several months ago.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/DEADLINE/...58246998032385

Bye Hope! I won’t miss her.

Comment

• catsalive
      catsalive commented
      Editing a comment
      I will! I love Kristian and I love Hope! I will miss her terribly. She was one of my very favorites ever since she started on the show. I am sadden by her leaving. But, if it is her choice, I wish her well!

Oh my gosh!! I love Hope and I did like her with Rafe. It's not the actress's fault that Days screwed over PR and he left the show. I will miss her. Wonder how she'll be written out?

Comment

• eileenregina
      eileenregina commented
      Editing a comment
      Spend more time with his family? Well if he has a family he has to support them and getting acting jobs is not that easy so I think that is a pretty lame excuse.

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      PR tried to come to terms, to stay with the show, but was told his character would not be much in use. That's when he said he decided
      his time would be better spent being with his young daughter than being on the show, only supporting other characters, the same thing they have
      done to the character of Hope. According to SM, he has other projects he works on.

• islezeus
      islezeus commented
      Editing a comment
      That is not this current regimes fault. And, knowing Ron, who loves old school characters, he probably reached out to Reckel to come back but perhaps the pay isn't what it used to be ...

That is sad news. Maybe she goes with Rafe.

Comment

• eileenregina
      eileenregina commented
      Editing a comment
      That is what I think. I noticed that lately they are sharing more scenes and have become friendly again.

Wow. That really is the end of an era. Best of luck to KA in the future.

Comment

This makes me so sad.

Comment

Wow Ill miss her.

Comment

A true legendary character leaving Days. Very sad news!

Comment

Here is her message from Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCUQ5U6J...d=b6tq7vwtkfe4

Comment

• savytabby
              savytabby commented
              Editing a comment
              What a beautiful message.

• savytabby
              savytabby commented
              Editing a comment
              What a beautiful message.

I think she will leave with Bo Brady (Peter Reckell).

Comment

• PeterAKer
              PeterAKer commented
              Editing a comment
              Never say never.

• Harmonica1985
              Harmonica1985 commented
              Editing a comment
              No is dead. Peter has moved on.

• patrick4days
              patrick4days commented
              Editing a comment
              Where have you been? Bo is dead!

The dead don’t return in Salem!

KA and the character of Hope has certainly gotten the short end of the stick ever since PR/Bo left. She and Rafe could have been a good and viable love story, but it was rushed and too soon after Bo literally died in Hope's arms. She's a beautiful, great, dynamic actress who had potential with Aiden and Gilles' character whose name I can't remember. Her shooting of Stefano could have been a great story, again if done correctly. This is a travesty. Though you wouldn't know it by their onscreen relationship, but KA and VK actually have a great off-screen relationship. This makes me .

Comment

They should have just wrote Bo and Hope out years ago without killing Bo. Hope's character was decimated after his death and never recovered.

Sad for KA, but I won't miss Hope.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
                JackandJenfan commented
                Editing a comment
                Harmonica1985 They had a long-term heroine commit murder and multitude of crimes following. Then tried to retcon it without fixing anything really. 🙄 She was cold to her daughter, friends, and granddaughter. Rope brought each other down. It has nothing to do with Bo. I was fine with Hope/Ted until they ruined him.
                Last edited by JackandJenfan; July 6, 2020, 05:52 PM.

• tiff5555
                tiff5555 commented
                Editing a comment
                I don’t know why of killing Bo but Days thought he won’t come back due to his personal life. The actor seemed happy with what Days decision was.

• eileenregina
                eileenregina commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with Harmonica - I think Rafe and Hope would have worked out great with better writing. I know people thought they were dull but I liked seeing two normal people together and thought they were a good fit. It was too rushed and then Rafe became totally obsessed with helping ex-wife Sami over being with Hope and it felt out of character to me.

Several leaving in September---Will, Sonny, Rafe & Hope. Several voids to fill. I will miss all of them.

Maybe Hope leaves town with Rafe. A distinct possibility.
              Last edited by CADY; July 6, 2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                Harmonica1985 commented
                Editing a comment
                I will miss them too.

Boy a lot of shockers. Plus they said they would change Salem when they go back to taping. It doesn't sound good. They haven't taped Christmas yet. They better give everyone a 'Merry Christmas." Now we know why she only got a wall for a set.

Comment

• Harbor Club
                Harbor Club commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe Cin will move into the house.

• SpikedBlade
                SpikedBlade commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you have any info or links on how they plan to change the show/salem?

• shome
                shome commented
                Editing a comment
                No I read it somewhere with no details. I just saw clip supplied by JackandJenfan with Ron saying some changes would have to be edited in scripts with I think he said ornament hanging may be different with one person at a time hanging ornaments to not have them all in same Set at time. Maybe not be able to have big parties. Something like that.

Wow! I hope they can incorporate Bo somehow in her exit. She's always been a favorite of mine I will miss her alot!

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                Harmonica1985 commented
                Editing a comment
                Them not giving Hope an exit story would be so wrong.

• Harbor Club
                Harbor Club commented
                Editing a comment
                It would be really wrong to just have her gone. Sad.

• savytabby
                savytabby commented
                Editing a comment
                ICAM with you Harmonica1985 and Harbor Club. They need to give her a decent exit. I wouldn't mind if she left with Rafe. At least that way it's a bit of a HEA.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X