Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Sets September Production Restart Date

Good news. Saw this today. Corday Productions, the company behind the venerable NBC soap, on Thursday sent emails to the cast notifying them that taping new episodes would resume on September 1.

Whew....happy! With the ratings and rumors, I was starting to think they would not resume!! Hope all goes well and everyone stays safe and healthy!!

Comment

Very good news! l do wonder, how long before we will see new episodes? 6 months?

Comment

Please, America! Please mask the heck up!!! Do not ruin this!
        Last edited by rkm137; July 3, 2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
          Harmonica1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen to that!

Seems like a good goal date for them. With everything going on in LA right now it seems smart to wait until September to return to production. Fortunately for them they have enough new episodes to last until October.

Comment

That's great news. Hope it happens.

Comment

Let’s see what happens. Whether we see new episodes or wait awhile for them to happen. It would be a good idea that Days put different classic rerun episodes because of 55th birthday ....

Comment

Originally posted by LizWebberFan View Post
              Seems like a good goal date for them. With everything going on in LA right now it seems smart to wait until September to return to production. Fortunately for them they have enough new episodes to last until October.
              Oh I agree, Liz.

I wish other soaps were the same.”

Days still has a few long months (til fall)
              of new
              epie’s and I luv that

Comment

Before the shutdown, they filmed about 8 months in advance and the new episodes running out sometime in October. By restarting filming on September 1, that would put their filming schedule ahead about 6 weeks (just like Y&R, B&B and GH). If the fans and/or production doesn't like something, they can change it and the viewers doesn't have to wait months to see that change (just weeks). So (in a way) this is sort of a blessing in disguise for DAYS!

Comment

• tiff5555
                  tiff5555 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Days, lately has been taking feedbacks into account, however, they write their own ideas and stick by them until it’s not working out or have to end it. They don’t take fans ideas either due to legal issues. Days technically was taped 7 months and 1 week ahead than 8 months from what Jason47 said. Don’t know if Days will stick to 3 months ahead because the budget to Days is tight. They cut the cast salary down and fired others. Hmm...

• CincyLady
                  CincyLady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with you 100% - and I especially like the idea they can change what isn't working.

Originally posted by Bayside87 View Post
                Before the shutdown, they filmed about 8 months in advance and the new episodes running out sometime in October. By restarting filming on September 1, that would put their filming schedule ahead about 6 weeks (just like Y&R, B&B and GH). If the fans and/or production doesn't like something, they can change it and the viewers doesn't have to wait months to see that change (just weeks). So (in a way) this is sort of a blessing in disguise for DAYS!
                If the show continues with the taping schedule they had before the shut down and tape 8 episodes a week the tape to air delay will start to build back up over time. In a couple of years we will be back at 8 months ahead.

Comment

Will they work COVID 19 into the new s/ls?

Comment

• eileenregina
                    eileenregina commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh please don't do that with RC writing this show. He will manage to camp it up with some inappropriate "Mask Killer" storyline!!!!!

Hurrah! Hopefully, this horrible virus won't prevent them from filming on said date projected.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post

If the show continues with the taping schedule they had before the shut down and tape 8 episodes a week the tape to air delay will start to build back up over time. In a couple of years we will be back at 8 months ahead.
                    I hope that isn't the case.

I don't think they can film in the same way they did before the pandemic. Also with the firing Greg Meng, I'm guessing some more changes are coming (production wise).

I guess it's just a wait and see.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X