Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My heart is broken....ratngs!

Just checked the latest ratings and sort of frustrated but also sad because Days has hit a new low in total viewers...1,747,0000 (-63,000 from last week). In fact on Tuesday of last week there were only 1,661,0000 viewers. Even with a wedding, this week was really slow and the interruptions to the wedding were just irritating more then exciting! Hoping there is chemistry between this Vivian and BB as Jake/Stefan or please come on Sami, Chloe, Phillip, etc. You are needed!!

Sad, but not surprising.

The show has been bad for awhile now. I do not think the people in charge are learning, but they are pushing more awful stories on fans.

Comment

I'm not surprised. Makes me sad, but it's entirely expected. The writing has been terrible. The TJ was supposed to help but it's only made things worse. Fans are clear about what they do and don't want and the writers don't seem to care. Until they do, ratings aren't going to rise.

Comment

• backheidi
        backheidi commented
        Editing a comment
        The time jump certainly did not bring the numbers but that is pretty much over and done (and even those numbers were better then this). We did go over 2,000,000 viewers again when the corona struck and people were at home....but then they obviously did not stay.

We need a new headwriter. Ron isn’t cutting it.

Comment

I wonder how low Corday is going to the let the ratings go before he makes some changes?

Comment

• CanaryFan98
          CanaryFan98 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think he wants Days to die tbh.

He hired the right guy to make it happen though.

• dee2
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^I have thought that might be a real possibility. I don't want to believe he does, but.......

I am finally absolutely convinced that DAYS should have aired re-runs this summer.
        And they would have done better than the numbers they're pulling in right now.

I fell in love with this show in the late-1970's and couldn't wait for summer breaks as a youngster, to watch the blossoming love stories between Roman and Marlena, Bo and Hope etc. in the early 1980's. If they were to air shows from their heyday (the era I just mentioned), they possibly could have overtaken Y&R for No. 1.

Instead they served us boring stories and over-the-top, insanely bad acting. They blew it.

Comment

• Carerra
          Carerra commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree. Marlena and the original Roman, Steve and Kayla, Kimberly and Shane. And I loved Pete and Melissa. The show is just bad.

• eileenregina
          eileenregina commented
          Editing a comment
          I have to agree. The acting has been a real letdown and the convoluted stories have not helped either. I have read rumors of some upcoming stories which are probably going to sink the ratings further.

Days has been lower in the past. One problem has been they shoot so far ahead and can't adjust as needed when a story line is not working. The other issue is Corday himself. He was quoted in an interview saying if viewers didn't like what was son screen, they can look for another soap to watch. It was a TV Guide interview a few years ago. I only returned to Days when I saw Jack/Jen were back. I have really enjoyed them. I love Lucas and Kate and Vivian and the Kayla/Justin thing is watchable. Ciara/Ben is just awful. Gabi is a hoot, I'm loving her. So all in all, it's not that bad. I think we are having generational clashes between old, old viewers, like me, and younger viewers who didn't watch when Stefano was Days in almost every story line.

Comment

• Harbor Club
          Harbor Club commented
          Editing a comment
          I admit I watch mostly for the vets. GH is on the last half of DAYS where I am, and I have only been tempted away once for a 2007 re-run. Y&R has been doing a lot of the 90s stuff that I watched when it first aired so that is more interesting. Not on at the same time as DAYS here though.

• backheidi
          backheidi commented
          Editing a comment
          The ratings web site said the number was a NEW low indicating the numbers have never been this low before!!

• dee2
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm finding very little of the show interesting, no matter who is on. Maybe Jake/Stefan will liven things up some. And Vivian. They need good writing,
          though.

You must remember though so many times the show has been interrupted or not been on at all because of West Coast and East Coast’s News conferees about COVID-19.

Comment

Days should be on top since it is the one soap that has not had to run any reruns and kept up entertained with all new episodes.

Comment

I don't know how ELANI wedding is going to do, cuz the ratings has not been released yet! Apparently with Covid 19 and bunch of news interruptions, we have low ratings. Even the stories are not interesting. I don't even think the recent Kristen does anything either. We do need new viewers thou, otherwise, Days won't survive.

Comment

i really think the ratings are bad bc of the political stuff going on. I was all excited the week Allie was to debut but the funerals of George Folyd and all the breaking into the show was enough to drive me away. now that Sami is coming back I'll try again but i really should just try to watch the show online. Or maybe the show can be available on demand so the gawd dam news can't hijack it every time it gets a chance!

Comment

I don't understand the focus on ratings during the COVID-19 crisis. I haven't looked at ratings since this started....and I still maintain that they're irrelevant during this time frame. And will be until things return to normal.

Comment

The ratings are pitiful! It is really sad & disgraceful.

Comment

Makes me sad to read everyones theories on why the rating are low as if somehow there could be a turn around. The rating are low because the show is awful now and because people don't really watch tv anymore. Covid is surely not helping. But, It will never get better. This is what we've got now. It will only get worse.

Comment

No surprise.
                      Ciara marrying a serial killer, and agonizing over a wedding gown.
                      Kayla marrying Justin and looking like there's a shotgun aspect to it.
                      Eric marrying Nicole.
                      Another Rolf victim, another dna test, another day.
                      Rafe wants a baby.
                      Gwen. Allie. Sarah.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X