This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpopular/Popular Opinion : DOOL Should Undo Daniel's Death

After thinking about it for the past couple of months, I think the show should find a way to undo Daniel Jonas's death. We all knew Eric was the one who die it behind the wheel, drunk, but he never and I repeat NEVER wanted Daniel dead. So we saw Eric return to redeem himself and eventually he did as we all know what happened after that, but I think there was no reason to make Eric, Daniel Jonas's killer. Now for this one, they don't have to exactly bring back Daniel unless they want to in order to clear Eric but if they're going to do it, make him more interesting and more edgy. He doesn't need to be a bad guy per say but someone like David Hayward, a grey character. Here's how they can do it.

The night before Daniel's death or a couple of months ago, he's approached by Deimos of all people and shows him pictures of Eric and Nicole, just taunting him and telling Daniel that Nicole will never forget Eric and that he'll always be the love of her life. Deimos offers Daniel to eliminate Eric for Daniel in order to get Eric out of the way for Daniel and Nicole to be together but Daniel refuses. That's when one night after Daniel comes home from the hospital he see's Nicole on the couch looking at a pic of Eric. Daniel realizes that Deimos was right so he calls Deimos to set the plans in motion. The night when Daniel dies, the bartender (who's on Deimos's payroll), drugs Eric's drinks and when Daniel leaves with Brady, that's when Deimos's other right hand man steps up to mess with Eric's car. Eric leaves as well and we know what happened after that.

But that's just me. The bottom line is, the story line with Eric killing Daniel was just not right and served no purpose, what do you guys think.

Dan needs to STAY DEAD. There is nothing beneficial to bringing that jerk back.

I still hate that Eric was the one driving, but it is what it is.

Comment

Never bring Saint Daniel back! Never! Not a clone of him or an identical egg baby twin!

May he stay dead forever and a day!

Although he had really nice hair!

Comment

It’s a hard pass from me. Had 8 years of him hogging the screen time with numerous legacy characters sacrificed at the alter of Saint Dan. This is one character who should stay dead.

Comment

Thats a HE** NO from me. He can stay dead.

Comment

No. I don’t like that it was Eric but good riddance.

Comment

This guy took himself for a saint, he judged everyone, had to go out with almost all the women of Salem, good thing that he was no longer there.

Comment

See Daniel again? I'd rather put Gwen's fingers in my mouth.

Comment

• Clementine15
                  Clementine15 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  0 geez, gag. About choked on my tea!

Oh absolutely no. There are no words strong enough to even begin to somewhat adequately emphasize the importance of the sainted rotten egg Dr. Dan staying dead and gone forever.

It's bad enough that they won't fix Parker's paternity to be Philip as it should have been. And it will always be bad enough that the patient groping surfer doctor is Maggie's beloved golden child. It's certainly bad enough that Eric is stuck as the one who killed him. And that he got a freaking memorial bigger than Tom and Alice Horton in the square for weeks after he died. I'm honestly surprised they didn't name the whole stupid hospital after him.

He needs to stay dead. Permanently. Forever. The only way I will EVER accept seeing him again, aside from the non-canon April Fools or Halloween bits, is if he comes back ONCE as a ghost to reveal that Summer was a sack of garbage and she was never Maggie's daughter and that whole story was some drug induced nonsense from Summer's failed con. Otherwise, he needs to stay dead and gone forever.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                  Harmonica1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Daniel was a fabulous character once they settled him down.

l'm glad he is gone. Who would he be dating now? Maybe Hope, is anyone else single? Claire is related somehow, possibly, l think. Not necessary to kill him off that way, tho, and hang that misery around Eric's neck forever, imo. And he should not be Parker's father, really hope that can be fixed in the near future!

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                  Harmonica1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He would be with Nicole and Holly as it should be.

• Clementine15
                  Clementine15 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe, but l doubt it

• Harmonica1985
                  Harmonica1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Clementine15: Eric would have no prayer.

Yes! I adore him with Nicole and he should be with her raising his little girl. Also it would take the stigma off Eric of being responsible for his death.
                Last edited by Harmonica1985; July 2, 2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• gymguy68
                  gymguy68 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have to agree with you. I actually liked Daniel even though the majority of the fans hated him. Although I can't see bringing him back from the dead, I'd be open to having SC back as a new character.

• Harmonica1985
                  Harmonica1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They really messed getting rid of SC. He's a fabulous actor and since he and AZ are a real couple them being paired again on Days would rock.

• ZacSonMaxFan
                  ZacSonMaxFan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I really liked Daniel. Nice on the eyes!

I loved the actor but the character was like a buzz saw slowly cutting down the cast one by one. Dying in a car crash was too good for him. It should have been a Dateline kinda death where Chloe or Carly or Jennifer plotted and planned his murder and went to jail for it.

Comment

Oh good lord, please no. Eric did us a favour and deserves a statue for getting rid of Daniel.
                  Last edited by prinxe; July 2, 2020, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                    Harmonica1985 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Eric should serving time even now. I despise him for doing what he did. Everyone in Salem should hate him.

• wilson2012
                    wilson2012 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Absolutely, despise Dan

No, no and Hell no!!

Comment

Originally posted by prinxe View Post
                    Oh good lord, please no. Eric did us a favour and deserves a statue for getting rid of Daniel.
                    I can even pay for the statue, thank you Eric.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                      Harmonica1985 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Eric should die the same way as he killed Daniel.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X