• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magoo1000
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Aug 2009

Is This Historic Wedding Gonna Happen?

Are Lani and Eli gonna get married? Lani Looked so beautiful. And Eli looked really fine. But now with Vivian crashing the wedding? I hope they pull it off.
  • Abby_fan
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2015

Vivian will be squashed in no time; and Eli and Lani will be married as planned. Nothing is going to stand in the way of this loving, beautiful couple getting married. JMHO

Comment

• magoo1000
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Aug 2009

AbbyFan, I hope you are right.

Comment

• tiff5555
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jul 2007

Well magoo1000 this is not the 80s for this to be epic, lol. I believe you know that today, there is not a good budget for them to have a good set/scene to shoot.

Comment

• Elvis12
          Board Regular
          • Sep 2019

I have fast forwarded weddings on Days for decades but even doing so for Eli and Lani, I could see what is most likely the most disastrous wedding ever. Why was it necessary to slice it up and have all sorts of interruptions, women running their mouths, people fainting, Julie blabbing away? Did they try to make this the worst wedding ever, because that's how it looked. And poor Lani looked so gorgeous and Eli so handsome. Oh well, it ended with a bang - I love Vivian and was surprised when she showed up.

Comment

• kristendny
            Scriptwriter
            • May 2012

Lani looked like a queen. Sal Stowers is so beautiful. And yes, Eli/Lamon was dashing and handsome. They are a beautiful couple.

Comment

• icyblue2034
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Mar 2013

This really is proof that the writers weren't the ones who realized it was supposed to be Historic. It's a circus. They're a horrible pair to start, and I loathe Lani and wish she'd go to Africa with Theo never to return, but I'm 100% behind the Historic moment even if I hate the pairing being used for it. Yet, if you're going to do it, then do it already! So far we have Abe vs Julie, Lani losing the top half of her dress, Tamara fainting, Gabi showing up, Julie running her mouth, and now Vivian.

Get on with it already!

Comment

• Ainsley
                Day Player
                • Jun 2020

Maybe I am missing something here but what exactly was the historic element of this wedding?

Comment

• JackandJenfan
                  JackandJenfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The first black couple on Days to be married on-screen.
              • Abby_fan
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jun 2015

This wedding will happen. I was in tears today watching Eli and Abe stand in front of a bullet to protect Lani and her baby.

Comment

• slylett
                  Contract Poster
                  • Jan 2006

I think they ruined the historic moment at least for me. It was too much drama and chaos. I was very disappointed. Didn't care for the two piece wedding dress either. I didn't think it was classy at all.

Comment

• eileenregina
                    eileenregina commented
                    Editing a comment
                    RC does not know how to write anything other than camp and chaos. Vivian arriving at the end would have sufficed instead of the way they dragged it out. Even though it is not my taste, I thought Lani looked fabulous and the wedding was low key and not in a church. They made a beautiful couple!
                • kahinamah
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  • Sep 2019

It was the Worst wedding day that I have ever seen, why??? Also the worst soap wedding. Nothing interesting, dull, the writing was bad, I also felt like I was in a circus, nothing to save. This marriage was like this boring couple.

I can't wait for the other weddings, let's forget Elani's, can't wait to see Ciara's / Ben and Ericole's.
                  I really hope that the writing will be better, with real moments of emotions, better sets, better dialogues, and above all a real chemistry between the actors.

I don't like Elani, but I put this especially on the writing, the writers did not taken seriously nor the couple, nor the fans, if I was a fan of Elani, I would be disappointed with this marriage.

Comment

• Clementine15
                    Scriptwriter
                    • May 2015

This wedding was no fun at all, and it's too bad, the bride looked pretty good and Eli looked really fine, and they love each other, and have been through a lot, so why couldn't it have just been a nice wedding, without all the stupid drama

Comment

• magoo1000
                      magoo1000 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Because this is Days!
                  • Beca Drags
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Apr 2005

The marriage was finally sealed today and in a beautiful, charming way. All the added angst wasn't needed. Sal and Lamon's chemistry radiated through the whole ceremony and made Eli and Lani's love beam throughout!

Comment

• Abby_fan
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by kahinamah View Post
                      It was the Worst wedding day that I have ever seen, why??? Also the worst soap wedding. Nothing interesting, dull, the writing was bad, I also felt like I was in a circus, nothing to save. This marriage was like this boring couple.

I can't wait for the other weddings, let's forget Elani's, can't wait to see Ciara's / Ben and Ericole's.
                      I really hope that the writing will be better, with real moments of emotions, better sets, better dialogues, and above all a real chemistry between the actors.

I don't like Elani, but I put this especially on the writing, the writers did not taken seriously nor the couple, nor the fans, if I was a fan of Elani, I would be disappointed with this marriage.
                      Absolutely no fan of Elani was disappointed with this marriage that only started today, in my opinion. Why would their fans be disappointed. Our couple is married. We fans are not disappointed in the following that played out on screen:

1) Lani and Eli got married.

2) Eli loves Lani and she loves him. They are each other’s world.

3) Eli was bouncing with joy just seeing Lani walk through the door.

4) Eli stood in front of a bullet to protect Lani.

5) Lani and Eli love each other.

6) Lani and Eli vows were Beautifully articulated.

7) Their culture, jumping the broom, was included in the ceremony.

8) Eli and Lani love each other.

9) Eli touched Lani’s baby bump.

10) Both Eli and Lani’ s parents were in attendance.

11) Marlena officiated the wedding, and she had such beautiful words to say.

12) And did I mention Eli and Lani love each other.

13) Eli and Lani are so darn beautiful and adorable.

14) Eli and Lani swept their haters away. Good riddance to them all.

What’s not to love about this couple and their wedding ceremony? Their fans were very pleased with the wedding.

Comment

• magoo1000
                        magoo1000 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm right there with you Abby_Fan! I loved it!
                    • icyblue2034
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by slylett View Post
                      I think they ruined the historic moment at least for me. It was too much drama and chaos. I was very disappointed. Didn't care for the two piece wedding dress either. I didn't think it was classy at all.
                      I'm still not convinced the writers actually realized it was a Historic wedding.

I mean, you've got a pair that's already duller than day old dishwater, and you attempt to drag the wedding out over three days with interruptions that easily overshadow them? That's not how you write a Historic wedding at all.

Comment

• kristendny
                        kristendny commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Okay, they may be dull to people who don't like them, but I enjoy them together. I was interested in the wedding, and the interruptions didn't overshadow them for me. I have zero interest in Allie, Will, Eric, etc. I am a little bored with Ben and Ciara. The Claire story is annoying and so obvious it's going to be crazy Gwen behind all this for no reason. I have a little interest in the Stefan/Gabi story but not enough yet. Kristen and Brady also bore me. I'm more interested in Kristen with Lani. It was not a historic wedding, more like a long-awaited event, but nothing overshadowed them to me.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X