Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abigail vs. Abby Question

Is Abigail a different character from Abby who just left for treatment? Thanks.

No, Abigail Deveraux DiMera is the same person as Abby Deveraux DiMera!

Comment

No, they're the same person, she just goes by both names.

To make it more confusing there was GAbby her alter when she would roleplay as Gabi.

Comment

When Abby was sick in 2018, she was Gabigail, her alter, the one who wanted to be Gabi, just to prove the point that Gabi was bad and she was not. This was because Abby did not accepted the fact that she killed Andre. Abby got very lucky because her family took her away from jail time. She should have went to jail. And Chad....the poor guy still don't get it that Abby will not be fully okay. There is more complication with Abby because of Ben. Maybe the only complication here. I am surprised regarding Chad, considering what Ben did to him. He should be too, having the same problem as Abby. I guess that did not affected him.

Comment

• Mewt
          Mewt commented
          Editing a comment
          Good grief Tiff. OP just asked about her name. I don’t remember her being referred to as Gabigail on the show. Just Gabby with a Y. I may be wrong. Anyway I don’t get why you were compelled to give your opinion of a year in the life of Abigail as a reply to a simple question.

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mewt I thought she was asking of the story. It's how I felt when reading the post and feeling what I am feeling. I guess I did not see that she wanted to know of the actresses. My apologies MarineMom Marci left somewhere in 2018, for advancing in her career at that time. Days asked Kate Mansi to come back. Don't know now of Kate. She too, yet again, wants to advance in her career.

• magoo1000
          magoo1000 commented
          Editing a comment
          tiff, she was never called Gabigail on screen. She was called Gabby with a Y.

So they've just cast a different actress for the part?

Comment

• JackandJenfan
          JackandJenfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. They brought back Marci who played Abby when she returned from faking her death up to being admitted to Bayview and Kate Mansi's return last year.

Originally posted by MarineMom View Post
        Yes, they have. Marci Miller is returning. She played Abigail about 2 years ago, for about a 2 year span. So they've gotten Marci back now that Kate Mansi is exiting again.

Comment

Yes. Kate Mansi played Abby/Abigail from March 2011 to June of 2016. Marcie Miller was cast and debuted as Abby in November 2016. She stayed until the end of 2018. Kate Mansi returned briefly to close out that story and she and Chad left for Paris for basically all of 2019 until the time jump last November (There was a web series of Chabby in Paris for a few weeks during this time too).

Now it appears that Marcie Miller is returning again.

Comment

Thank you guys so much! I wasn't watching it back when. I'm a convert now, tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post
              No, Abigail Deveraux DiMera is the same person as Abby Deveraux DiMera!
              She will be played by a different actress

Comment

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
                When Abby was sick in 2018, she was Gabigail, her alter, the one who wanted to be Gabi, just to prove the point that Gabi was bad and she was not. This was because Abby did not accepted the fact that she killed Andre. Abby got very lucky because her family took her away from jail time. She should have went to jail. And Chad....the poor guy still don't get it that Abby will not be fully okay. There is more complication with Abby because of Ben. Maybe the only complication here. I am surprised regarding Chad, considering what Ben did to him. He should be too, having the same problem as Abby. I guess that did not affected him.
                I think the OO only just wanted to know if Abby and Abigail were the same person, not her history with Ben or the whole DID mess.

Comment

Is Abigail a different character from Abby who just left for treatment? Thanks.
                  They're the same. In my case and that of some others, I tend to refer to her as Abigail or Abby depending on the reasons.

So, more frequently you'll see me use Abigail because I'm irritated/frustrated/disliking the character. I hate to say that, but that's where the writing has gone and I just keep hoping they'll eventually write better for her. But I'll also use Abby in better conversations where I like her more. It's really not even a conscious thing for me.

I guess it's like when you were a kid and your mother used your full name, which meant you were in trouble and you knew it. Anyway, that's why I use both names for the same character.

Comment

• wilson2012
                    wilson2012 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It happens with a lot of the younger adults, I remember when Adrienne called Sonny Jackson, Or Hope called Ciara her full name. Meant the kids knew they were in trouble.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X