Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Orpheus and his brood are off the show?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Orpheus and his brood are off the show?

I guess their only function for being on the show was to remove David from Rafe?

More than that. They brought about Sarah losing her baby, Maggie going to prison, the baby switch, Xander and Sarah breaking up, Kristin stabbing Victor ect.... They caused a chain of events that are still being felt.

Comment

I wonder is Orpheus gone for good now or if he's coming back. I was thinking he was sticking around for a while but it's not looking like it I guess now.

Comment

He will probably be back...in some form and capacity.

Comment

I hope the entire Orpheus clan is gone forever. They didn't work out at all.

Comment

If Orpheus is ever brought back, it would be really nice if they didn't waste him. Even more so if they could avoid changing history. Putting John in that stupid wig and calling it a flashback doesn't make it so.

This return was just all over the place, in a bad way. They literally just used him to pin everything on and send him on his way. And not because he was being a true villain, but because he did a terrible job helping his son when he accidentally killed Jordan because she was threatening to take his son once she was done committing another murder. I was so happy to see him and then watching that total mess made me wonder why they even bothered bringing him in.

Comment

Orpheus has a one tract mind. He's too one dimensional to be on the show for long. He's basically a robot that hates John, and wants to make his children love him. That's it. If they wanted to bring him back for longer they would need to make some big changes to him.

I think one interesting thing would be that in prison he gets attacked, and suffers brain trauma. It results in some big personality changes. He returns to town a new man.... but there is a mystery and nobody is sure if he's really changed, or if it's a trick. Time will tell. Perhaps some of his sinister self expresses itself in different, and unpredictable ways.

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
                CallAboutTheCat commented
                Editing a comment
                I would love that storyline. You should be writing the show! It reminds me of a book I read with my kid called "Restart," about this 8th grade boy who falls off a roof and gets amnesia, and he discovers he was a total jerk and bully before the accident. But now he's a great kid. All the kids who were afraid of him start liking him despite themselves, but they're not sure if they can trust him -- and neither are we. Anyway, the actor is so great he could pull it off and it would be great to have a gray/villain character with some complexity.

• RickySpanish
                RickySpanish commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you! and yes I think seeing Orpheus acting like a great guy could be quite funny. Imagine using him as a comic relief like Xander is sometimes. Not only that but what about a real romance? It would be pretty alien to see this change in him, and it could be really fun.

They could start by remembering it's Roman he hates.

Though I guess credit where it's due, they did acknowledge Marlena's time with his children.

Comment

• Harbor Club
                Harbor Club commented
                Editing a comment
                He had one scene of him meeting with Zoey in the jail after that.

• longtimewatcher
                longtimewatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Did anything significant happen in the scene?

• Harbor Club
                Harbor Club commented
                Editing a comment
                Zoey told him he was stupid for getting caught by Steve. Orpheus was glad that Steve would have to watch Kayla and Justin being happy together. He said it would be a long, slow torture for Steve.

Orpheus will be back he made a major impact on the show, he is the new old school Stefano, comes in causes mayhem for all of Salem then leaves with everyone dealing with the fallout for a while.

Comment

I hope he comes back. Orpheus is a great villain. I hope they really write something for him to do, though. They need a good, solid villain now that Stefano is gone and Victor is more grumpy than evil.

Comment

I really like the actress who was playing Zoey earlier this year. But with that actress departing (for a night time show, I believe), I'm not as invested in the character. I thought there was potential for Zoey and Rafe to hook up. I guess it could still happen and then they all leave Salem for greener pastures.

Comment

Orpheus was better as a villain without personal ties. Two grown children and a grandson...meh. Maybe if he were to build a relationship, instead of suddenly having all this emotional baggage -- but the writers don't have the attention span for that. They write like they think the show won't last another season so why develop characters.

Comment

well first he needs to be released or escaped from prison...I dont' think he can really do much while he is locked up

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X