Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would any other mom's out there be upset by this?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would any other mom's out there be upset by this?

Jack and Jen's scenes yesterday were cute and all, however, as a mom I would not be okay with my child's grandparents leaving on a little trip after I put them in control of my children and pawned my kids off on an elderly couple to babysit. I know that they ended up not going on a mini honeymoon and maybe they were just being playful but it sure didn't seem like it. I am quite sure that Chad and Abigail would not have been on board with that

That is exactly what I was thinking during these scenes! Chad and Abby leave their children with their grandparents and the grandparents decide to leave on a 'honeymoon'??!! If they had to leave the kids with Julie and Doug during an emergency that's one thing, but to leave for days when it's not necessary?? As much as I love Jack and Jen, I couldn't side with them on that decision, I'm glad they changed their minds.

Comment

I might not love it, but I’d get over it as long as they told me ahead of time. I can’t force people to watch my kids, even my parents.

Comment

Jack and Jennifer just promised mentally ill Abigail and now they want to pawn the children off on Doug and Julie. Whaaaaat???!!

Comment

They took on the responsibility for their grandchildren when their daughter is ill if they were teenagers they would be called irresponsible. Even if they just went to dinner it would be understandable but for days right now? I’m not sure it’s fair to expect an elderly couple to watch tow young energetic children for that long that part is also problematic.
          Last edited by Emerald Greens; June 18, 2020, 02:34 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Comment

• July Baby
            July Baby commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point - if they were teenagers they would be considered irresponsible (if they had actually done it.).

That whole idea was just weird, and so unlike Jenn to think of it and almost go there. What were the writers thinking?

Comment

I believe Doug is 94 and Julie is 76. That's a lot to expect of a senior citizen. I might let them keep my kids for an afternoon or something, but I wouldn't just leave my preschool age children with them for days on end.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
              Emerald Greens commented
              Editing a comment
              My thinking as well. I worked in daycare and it’s exhausting no matter the age . Many days with two young children is asking a lot.

And my first thought when I saw those scenes was - the writers needed something to fill the time with. Yep, pure filler stuff. Writers seldom think of the consequences of what they write.

Comment

It was strange. I was thinking the same thing. Your daughter is going through a mental hell issue right now and one of the things that is probably helping her is entrusting her children to her parents, the children's grandparents, and they're making plans to go off on a honeymoon and pawning the kids off on Julie and Doug??? Not very responsible and I'm glad they rethought that idea. Just a very strange written dialogue between Jack and Jennifer today. I enjoyed most of their scenes, except for that part. I was left scratching my head on that one.

Comment

I agree with everyone and was thinking the same thing as I was watching. I couldn't believe they were even thinking about doing it. I agree with CincyLady above that those scenes were just filler. I enjoy Jack & Jen together but those scenes seemed out of place to me and just kind of stuck in there. But even so, the writers really need to write dialogue that's more in keeping with the nature and history of the characters. I don't think Jack & Jen would ever do something like that especially when their daughter is ill and especially since they love spending time with their grand-kids. I was glad they changed their minds at the end.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                  Emerald Greens commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don’t think they would either it was out of character.

As Jack is still in Salem next week, Abby can rest assured that C&T are still looked after by grandpop and grandmom!

Comment

• jmpenn90
                  jmpenn90 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think they changed their mind by the end of the episode didn’t they? I wasn’t paying 100% attention. It was so out of character though and stupid writing.

I agree! I’m glad they changed their minds. Those poor kids are already missing their parents and are probably worried and now the grandparents want to go on a honeymoon and maybe Disney World. Those scenes were stupid and the kids, Chad, Abby, Doug, and Julie should all be upset about it. It was so out of character and they haven’t even been watching the kids long

Comment

• JackandJenfan
                  JackandJenfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How can people be upset about it? No one knew about the convo but JnJ?

• jmpenn90
                  jmpenn90 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The writing was bad and out of character for the characters. No one is mad but it was odd.

It made no sense. As a mom I'd be a bit upset if my kids were pawned off on someone else so that the grandparents could take a spontaneous trip. The kids are toddlers not teenagers who could take care of themselves. Either take the kids with you or hold off your trip.

Comment

no because Jack and Jen would do things in a responsible way.... Dimera mansion with servants, and security. Julie and Doug to watch the kids.... Hardly dropping the kids off on the side of the road to fend for themselves.

Comment

The thought crossed my mind that Doug and Julie probably wouldn't be up to watching two young children for days. This is something J/J might
                    have said about a more suitable replacement for them, but the writers just tossed Doug and Julie in, not even thinking.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X