Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come no one calls out the hypocrisy of characters.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come no one calls out the hypocrisy of characters.

That's my biggest peeve on soaps . So many times we see characters who condemn others for doing the same things that they have done in the past or are still actively doing. Yes a lot of people are talking about Nicole with her bad mouthing Sami but I think a very special mention should be given to Kate. She had the audacity to talk about Sami interfering in her child's life? Seriously??? Kate!!!! Why didn't Lucas shut her down IMEDIATELY ? I have said it before TBTP should have one character on their show whose job it is to point out the hypocrisy of the citizens of Salem.

Kate is pretty much a joke. With the exception of Stephano, I think she has done more damage to others than pretty much everyone, including Kristen. Yet she fixes her mouth to condemn others.

Comment

• RickySpanish
      RickySpanish commented
      Editing a comment
      Part of her charm

Because they're all hypocrites. If they started calling each other out, all of Salem would collapse. They have to keep their own mouths shut when it comes to hypocrisy except in special occasions where the hypocrisy is so big that it can't be contained.

There's also fear. No one is brave enough to call Julie out on her hypocrisy. Except Gabi, but look how that turned out. And after the past 2 years can you imagine Lani being brave enough to call anyone out on hypocrisy? Talk about a glass house!

As for Lucas and Kate, there's a reason he didn't say anything (and the same reason many of us loved and were amused by the scenes): It's way too obvious. There's literally no point in that conversation ever happening. We've been down that road before and everyone knows it never sinks in. When it comes to her kids, Kate is Kate. And when it comes to her grand kids, Kate is also Kate. Some hypocrisies you just have to let go. Especially when, like in this case, they really do come from a good place. And besides, who better to know about interfering with their kids' lives than the queen of interfering in her kids' lives?

Comment

• Emerald Greens
      Emerald Greens commented
      Editing a comment
      These are also good points. Plus what can you do to make it consistent ? There are exceptions and not all hypocrisy is equal. It’s fine to call them out but even there viewers won’t be in agreement on who should be called out .

• icyblue2034
      icyblue2034 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really, you can't. Not with a show like this that has layer upon layer folded in, histories changed, entire personalities changed, etc..

It's just where the writing style leads us. And after 55 years, you can't level this particular playing field. Certainly not in the precarious state it's been in for so long.

lol I've thought the same thing. Like Brady going crazy about what Victor, and Xander did while at the same time proclaiming his love for his angel, Kristin.

Comment

Name one person in Salem that is over 18 years old in Salem that isn't a hypocrite?

Comment

• december rose
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, there would need to be someone to call out the person calling out the hypocrites.

Originally posted by Skins 2008 View Post
      Name one person in Salem that is over 18 years old in Salem that isn't a hypocrite?
      https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGcGMP8frj1Dz6CY/giphy.gif

Comment

In private Lucas has often called Kate out on her interfering in his life. In a group at least Bryan knows to give her a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Skins 2008 View Post
          Jake. But he might have amnesia.

Comment

Originally posted by Bermudabeachbum View Post
            That's my biggest peeve on soaps . So many times we see characters who condemn others for doing the same things that they have done in the past or are still actively doing. Yes a lot of people are talking about Nicole with her bad mouthing Sami but I think a very special mention should be given to Kate. She had the audacity to talk about Sami interfering in her child's life? Seriously??? Kate!!!! Why didn't Lucas shut her down IMEDIATELY ? I have said it before TBTP should have one character on their show whose job it is to point out the hypocrisy of the citizens of Salem.
            Lucas should have reminded Kate of the time that Kate set up SAmi and Brandon in bed so Lucas would dump Sami.

Comment

Originally posted by SalemSwinger
              I know the answer to this one!
              No one calls out the characters hypocrisy because these people aren't real and the hypocrisy is a baked into the show. Soap dialogue is mostly repetitive garbage and the characters on soaps are always written paper thin and wildly inconsistent so that they can be malleable over time. If you're honestly asking why soap characters don't have honest and real conversations I think maybe this medium might not be for you!
              This is what would happen:

Marlena: You stole my baby and sold her on the black market!

Sami: Only after you tried to pass off your bastard that you and John conceived on the Titan conference table as my father's baby. Plus Nicole stole my baby and made me think she was dead! And now my twin brother is engaged to her!

Nicole: Well Sara stole Kristen's baby.

Sara: Kristen stole Theresa and Brady's baby first. And she tried to steal my baby during the abortion. And Nicole and my brother's killer are raising my niece.

Sami: Yeah Kristen stole my husband as a baby and tried to pass him off as my stepfather's son.

Comment

• SalemSwinger
                SalemSwinger commented
                Editing a comment
                hahah...and thats probably just the tip. well done.

Julie the great hypocrite of Salem, the same dialogues for years, who continues to defend his precious Nick (un psychopate number one), even Marlena and Hope told him to calm down.

Comment

The only way you can be called out on your hypocrisy is if your name is Gabi or Sami.

Comment

My pet peeve is when the writers play us for fools. Like when 2 people are having a conversation say at the hospital desk or at the town square and someone flies from Paris to Salem and joins the conversation... I'm exaggerating. But were Allie and her father on the same flight from London to Salem? She knocks on Eric's door and Lucas visits Kate at roughly the same time. Every character goes from the sprawling grounds of the Dimera & Kiriakis mansions to downtown Salem in literally seconds but the night of the accident when Adrienne was drove pregnant Sarah to hospital it took over an episode!
                  It would be nice if they would show some aerial shots once in awhile so we can get a feel for Salem.

Comment

Originally posted by theFENIX View Post
                    My pet peeve is when the writers play us for fools. Like when 2 people are having a conversation say at the hospital desk or at the town square and someone flies from Paris to Salem and joins the conversation... I'm exaggerating. But were Allie and her father on the same flight from London to Salem? She knocks on Eric's door and Lucas visits Kate at roughly the same time. Every character goes from the sprawling grounds of the Dimera & Kiriakis mansions to downtown Salem in literally seconds but the night of the accident when Adrienne was drove pregnant Sarah to hospital it took over an episode!
                    It would be nice if they would show some aerial shots once in awhile so we can get a feel for Salem.
                    I'm still wondering how Nicole talked to Eric on her cellphone in a park in New York and a few minutes later after Eric gets off the phone and Eric was planning to book a flight to New York she was back in the apartment and told him about the baby swap.

Comment

The only characters on soaps who aren't hypocrites are the small kids, but they change as they are aged.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X