Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would the show ever recast EJ or Sami?

I know this talk is taboo for some, but it’s worth talking about. Many want Sami to come back full time and for E.J. to come back. However, James Scott is done with daytime and Alison Sweeney wants to do other things. She will only do Days if it’s for weeks or a month or two a year. Personally, I think AS gets worn out with the Sami character and with the actress turning 44 this fall, you know she wants to do other things. Heck, she doesn’t even promote Days that much on her IG or twitter.

With that said, do you see them recasting E.J.? Better yet, do you see them recasting Sami, especially of the show wants both characters back full time? Better yet, would fans ever accept it? Good for thought, that’s all.

I would have liked the actors to come back.

I'm not against the possibility of trying the new actors in the roles, but gradually, first a character, get used, to it and then another.
    Ejami could still have a lot of history, especially with their children Johnny and Sydney.

Comment

I cannot imagine any scenario in which they recast Sami. That's akin to recasting Hope or Marlena at this point. Just no. As for EJ, maybe. I know a lot of people would resist it. But if JS didn't want to return and AS did, I could see it happening. We know he suffered burns. So he could conceivably have a different face. But they would have to be really, really sure of the chemistry with AS.

Comment

i dont care either way but I'd say that the appeal to both of those characters and their relationship was due 100% to the actors. The writing is generally nonsense. For the most part characters that take off in a big way can be credited to the audience having strong feelings about an actor.

Sure, Sami has a long and interesting history at this point but only because people had such big feelings about Allison Sweeney that writers were able to write things that catered to her strengths for so long. It's not REALLY Sami we care about. It's Ali.
        Last edited by SalemSwinger; June 11, 2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Clementine15
          Clementine15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting point!

Recast EJ? Yes I think they would. Sami? No way

Comment

I doubt they would recast Sami. I think it is a distinct possibility for an EJ recast. Days brought him back to life. Why bring him back to life with no plans to bring him back to surface on screen? EJ endured major burns from tip to toe. EJ with a new face would be realistic. I am a huge EJAMI and JS fan. JS has no intentions of returning. I am open to a recast and welcome happily.

Comment

Though l adored James Scott as EJ, l think a recast is needed. The story of his rehab and his life going forward with Sami needs to be told! We fans need closure.

Comment

It would be hard, but Stacy has rocked Kristen! It can be done. But for me it would be easier to recast EJ than Sami.

Comment

• gymguy68
                gymguy68 commented
                Editing a comment
                ICAM on all points! It took a while, but SH rocked it as both Kristen and Susan. She definitely made the character her own and filled in some pretty impossible shoes. I'm not sure if the fans are ready to accept a replacement for AS. As far as recasting EJ, I say yes. If Paul Telfer wasn't already giving us an "amazing" Xander, I think he could have done it perfectly.

Sami should never be recast IMO, because Alison plays Sami perfectly and she is the reason Sami is a legendary character,I honesty think if someone had played Sami the character would not have lasted long because she is just so wild and OTT at times..I don't EJ should be recast but could easily be more more accepted.by fans if he is recast by some one who is almost as talented as James Scott is..

Comment

Sami and AS are synonymous with each other. Just like KA is with Hope, and DH is with Marlena. Honestly, based on what I've been reading, I honestly think they are building up to a EJ recast, eventually.

Comment

I don't feel it's taboo talking it has been discussed with EJ of course. There is a possibility that Sami might be recast too. But Days should look at their ratings too. Sometimes, recast does not work.

As of Alison. I believe she can return to Days. Hallmark Channel will look for their next star to support. Anyway, waiting to see what happens next with Days.

Comment

Sami cannot be recast...Ali is Sami.....as for EJ i was somewhat more against a recast even knowing JS was not possibly coming back..but now after the burns the character suffered I thiink I could accept a recast...as long as he has good chemistry with Ali and can act

Comment

No thanks. I personally think it is time to kill them both off. I love AS but it is time for Sami to be in the past.

Comment

• CindyHaskins
                        CindyHaskins commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Has a huge fan of ej and sami .There is no way should they kill off ej and sami. the show need to kill off boring useless rafe put him the past.

Originally posted by Harmonica1985 View Post
                      No thanks. I personally think it is time to kill them both off. I love AS but it is time for Sami to be in the past.

That’s not going to happen. But I do feel AS is tired of the role. She doesn’t seem to be into it like she was in the past.

Comment

honestly I'm not convinced Sami isn't nursing an imposter back to health.

I don't remember any evidence showing that the guy she hauled off to Europe was the real EJ.

EJ should be recast...if for no other reason than to finally kill him off so I can have Sami and Lucas back together.

Comment

• tiff5555
                          tiff5555 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Actually there was a proof from the DNA that it was EJ.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X