Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gov. Newsom Says film and TV production can resume June12

From the Hollywood Reporter: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...une-12-1295861

There are a lot of details to still be worked out - but its good news.

That’s good news, but it’s got to feel a little uncomfortable for the cast and crew. They will have to be physically close To each other during production. Good thing we rarely get a love scene anymore, but characters still kiss and stand close to each other.

Comment

On the soap called "Neighbors" I read that when they were going back to taping that changes would be made. There would be no extras in scenes. Special effects and camera angles would make it look like actors were closer together. At least for awhile none of the soaps should be able to tape as usual, but make changes for safety of cast and crew.

Comment

• Silentfan
        Silentfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that is what I figured. That they would tape their scenes separately, but use camera angles to make it look like characters were together.

shome Thanks for mentioning Neighbours, an Australian soap. As you noted, they have been very creative in filming. They are using their crew as their extras!

Comment

• shome
        shome commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for letting me know. So using crew as extras doesn't add any unnecessary people on the set. That is a good choice.

By the time the taping starts up, they will just work the virus into the story, and the characters will be wearing masks, and using social distancing probably. As for loving, or kissing scenes, actors can just get tested. Results come back in less than an hour.

Comment

• Silentfan
        Silentfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Not really Ricky. The virus can lay dormant in your system for up to fourteen days. Any love or romance will probably have to use CGI to make it look like the characters are together.

• RickySpanish
        RickySpanish commented
        Editing a comment
        Silentfan You can have no symptoms for 14 days. It will still show up on a test. If what you say was true they wouldn't do a single test on someone. They would have to test over and over again for 14 days

• Silentfan
        Silentfan commented
        Editing a comment
        That's just what i have heard. I thought that is why people had to self isolate for fourteen days when coming back to the country just incase they had it.

Less than an hour? Last I heard they might have the results in a few hours but it can still take several days or even a week to get those results yourself. My uncle got tested two weeks ago when a testing center opened nearby and he found out you could get tested even if you had no reason to believe you'd been exposed. I had his account set up that night but it still took 3 or 4 days for him to get the results. Last I heard that 3-7 day timeline was still the one to expect. I've never even heard of the lab having the results in less than an hour, let alone getting them to the person who was tested.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
        JackandJenfan commented
        Editing a comment
        You can get results within 72 hours.

They will have to go by what their health department requires.

Comment

It's going to be few more weeks after this news for Days to resume They will have to figure out what to do with few of the older vets, but still for most everyone, considering young people can get fast too.

Comment

This is great news!

Comment

Thanks for the info. Days of our lives tape so far ahead. We've been seeing new episodes. But I can't wait for more.

Comment

Days is fortunate in the sense that just because they would be allowed to resume filming on June 12 doesn’t mean they will, because they have a few months of new episodes still left. That means they can take their time to put even more safety protocols in place for the actors and crews before they resume filming. My guess is the other 3 soaps will resume filming June 15 because they need to start putting new shows on the air ASAP, but Days will wait until early July.

Comment

The soaps are not going to be going back to filming on June 12. June 12 is when the rest of California is able to film again. Days is filmed in LA and right now there are still a lot of Coronavirus cases in LA and they won't be cleared to start taping on June 12. All this is subject to change depending on if the Coronavirus numbers go down which they probably won't be with all the protests and gatherings happening around the country with the Black Lives Matter.

Comment

• TV Man
                  TV Man commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Days" is produced in the city of Burbank.

• tiff5555
                  tiff5555 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I worry of the Black Lives Matter thing cuz it’s a hot topic. Hopefully this change and we are recognized as a human being than just a title.

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
                It's going to be few more weeks after this news for Days to resume They will have to figure out what to do with few of the older vets, but still for most everyone, considering young people can get fast too.
                I have a feeling that on the first day back Brady will find a note saying, "Maggie and I have gone to Greece."

Comment

• Silentfan
                  Silentfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I could see that.

This is good news! I'm sure the producers will comply with all health regulations for the welfare of their staff.

Comment

L.A. County has given the ok for film and TV to resume production on Friday following the release of its guidelines.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X