Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to understand Eli

Eli's says he would support Lani's decision about the baby. Is that simply because he loves her? I'm just wondering if the writers just wanted to throw a different spin in there (woman's right to choose). Although Lani is feeling fearful about losing the baby, i like that Eli is completely there for her.. Some men might not be supportive if the woman considered terminating their pregnancy. I think Eli felt that Lani just needed a little time & she would come around to wanting to have the baby. I like this couple, so i hope things work out for them.

I also think Eli knew that Lani didn't really mean she would terminate the pregnancy, and that was just her fears talking. She just needed time to reason through things. It's just like Lani said yesterday, "It's not that I didn't want this child, it's that I wanted it too much." Lani terminating the pregnancy was never a discussion thought through or discussed in an detail. They were words said out of fear, with no real intent to back it up.

Comment

Yeah some of the writing has men acting pretty weak... Like yesterday Jack, and Steve going on about how they don't deserve the women they love... It's like "Get real, everyone is flawed, stop acting like spineless wimps"

Comment

• shome
        shome commented
        Editing a comment
        Blame the writers. They want the men to be like that or they wouldn't write it. With Steve it goes back to being dumped in the orphanage by his own mother. With Jack I think he grew up thinking Harper wouldn't want him as a son unless he was successful. They didn't grow up together, unlike that lie that made Steve say about him and Adrienne, but they ended up with the same feeling of not being good enough.

Originally posted by jcwalk View Post
      Eli's says he would support Lani's decision about the baby. Is that simply because he loves her? I'm just wondering if the writers just wanted to throw a different spin in there (woman's right to choose). Although Lani is feeling fearful about losing the baby, i like that Eli is completely there for her.. Some men might not be supportive if the woman considered terminating their pregnancy. I think Eli felt that Lani just needed a little time & she would come around to wanting to have the baby. I like this couple, so i hope things work out for them.
      I feel the same way. I love this couple and I want things to work out well for them for a long time, not just five minutes of happiness and then another obstacle.

Comment

I loved their scenes. I understood Lani's fears and appreciate how supportive Eli was.

However... the 3 out of 4 pregnancies on this show, in recent history, all had the women contemplate abortions. I think the writers need to just drop that. Either do an abortion story or don't, but stop using it for repetitive "suspense."

Comment

I just hope we are not going to have to hear endless David Abraham stories all of Lani's pregnancy. Her baby didn't survived at all and in the beginning neither Lani or Eli wanted the baby.

Comment

Eli and Lani having another baby is a very bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonica1985 View Post
              I agree why not actually develop these characters as individuals first before sticking them with babies. All these years and both of them are such blank slates. If they wanted Elani to deal with a kid they should've had an ex GF of Eli's show up with a kid in tow. Have Eli/Lani deal with that as a couple. Then they could've brought Valerie back to give us backstory of how she didn't like Eli's ex GF for whatever reason so she kept their son from him because of it. This would tie into Eli having to deal with how he found out about David being his father and Valerie keeping it from him. Lani relating her experience of finding out Abe was her father later in life and missing out with Eli having this issue.

Lani didn't have to have another oops pregnancy I don't trust this show to follow through on they could've done this story instead and neither of them look as dumb as they both do now.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonica1985 View Post
                I just find the whole thing strange that Eli is supporting Lani terminating a life. Would have wanted Gabi to be pregnant with Eli's kid and giving Lani a smug look. That would have gotten my attention and would have enjoyed this than a simple way.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X