Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling to understand Lani's motivations

I've been thinking about it...if she's so scared of another pregnancy, why did she fail to use protection "a few times"? You'd think she'd be religiously careful about that. So did she really want to get pregnant and then change her mind afterward? None of this makes a lot of sense.

Obviously, it was not a planned pregnancy. Lani is scared of loosing another baby. That is not unusual for any parent who lost a child. She has mixed feelings about this pregnancy due to fear. Eli understands and will support her 100%. All is well!

Comment

• CADY
      CADY commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you in the real world. This is soap world! Most things are not practical or sensible on a soap.

• Elle23276
      Elle23276 commented
      Editing a comment
      Even so, it's hard to believe that she's placing herself in the same situation again. After what she went through.

• MyriVerse
      MyriVerse commented
      Editing a comment
      Sense rarely figures into things in the real world either.

People who don't want children at all fail to use protection, people have sex with randoms they don't want kids with... maybe that doesn't make logical sense but it isn't like it's a new concept.

Comment

• Elle23276
      Elle23276 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly. She has all kinds of sex with JJ, but one pop with Eli, and.....🤨

Lani didn't use birth control yet she didn't want to face another pregnancy. She's an adult, educated, professional woman who behaves like a teenager in her first relationship. But after she gave us an hour of angst about this pregnancy and how she couldn't go through with it, we get a commercial break and she then tells Eli that she wants the baby. She will do it all for him and their love. Can't those two just be happy once in a while? They're exhausting to watch.

Comment

Here is what I believe. Lani struggles with repressed same sex attraction. She developed feelings for Kristen during their time in the convent together. She really does want a baby of her own, but she wants to raise it on the run with Kristen and Mickey.

Comment

Yeah, I'm struggling to figure out why she's pregnant in the first place. This is almost a blueprint of her accidental pregnancy a few years ago. Time to let it go, Lani....get some counseling.

Comment

I think it's illogical to assume Lani is being logical.

She didn't use protection. She got pregnant. Her last miscarriage really rattled her. She's not thinking clearly.

Give her time to work through her issues.

Comment

You'd think after the way she got pregnant the first time she would have learned something. Running off with partial information and having unprotected revenge sex only to find out you're pregnant after learning how wrong you were when having that revenge sex should be a learning experience. But not for Lani. Oh no, girl's gotta have some more unnecessary drama. If you don't want a baby you've got two options: Use protection or don't have sex. But nope. Not Lani. Oh no. Revenge sex. Playing victim for a year. Whatever it is, she's got to have unnecessary drama. She is not logical. What she is: Working my each and every one of my nerves! Send her back to the convent for good!

Comment

• varlena
              varlena commented
              Editing a comment
              And she had sex with JJ when she knew he was black out drunk.

• icyblue2034
              icyblue2034 commented
              Editing a comment
              varlena Oh yeah, that too.

Lani being irresponsible is a boring story. Please free Eli.

Comment

• Elle23276
              Elle23276 commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL....not only boring, but repetitive. Lani's never learned a darn thing in life.

Originally posted by Harmonica1985 View Post
            Lani being irresponsible is a boring story. Please free Eli.
            Indeed. No matter how many different ways they write it, and they have tried several, boring is still the perfect word for it.

Comment

It's exactly what Lani said yesterday, "It's not that I didn't want this child. It's that I want it too much" So, that's proof, she never really intended to go through with terminating this pregnancy and her mind never even fully put voice to the word "abortion" nor did her thought process fully explore it. Her words of hesitancy about this pregnancy were not real thoughts that she would actually go through with terminating the pregnancy. It was just her fears talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post
                It's exactly what Lani said yesterday, "It's not that I didn't want this child. It's that I want it too much" So, that's proof, she never really intended to go through with terminating this pregnancy and her mind never even fully put voice to the word "abortion" nor did her thought process fully explore it. Her words of hesitancy about this pregnancy were not real thoughts that she would actually go through with terminating the pregnancy. It was just her fears talking.
                How is that proof? All it comes down to is re-framing her words after the fact. It's not in line with what she said the first time. It doesn't change what she said just like her lack of use of the word "abortion" doesn't change that that's what she meant. If the writers wanted it to be about her fears, they shouldn't have written it like Eli was talking her off the abortion ledge. I hate Lani. Despise her. Struggle to see her as Abe's kid and have to remind myself he had no role in forming the person that she is. Wish she'd leave forever and never come back. But this should have been a moment for powerful scenes even if she seems to be limited to a teenager's maturity and understanding of what causes pregnancy. Tender, fearful, powerful dialogue that never even hinted at her not having the baby. Instead they lead with her saying she doesn't think she can have the baby. It may have been careless dialogue that failed to convey what they wanted, but it's what they gave her. So instead of powerful scenes it was just pointless drama.

Comment

• Flowercity79
                  Flowercity79 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Preach! I couldnt agree more!

Originally posted by turtlesturtles View Post
                People who don't want children at all fail to use protection, people have sex with randoms they don't want kids with... maybe that doesn't make logical sense but it isn't like it's a new concept.
                It's going to be a good discussion regarding the pregnancy issues. I don't understand this too. Rather would have seen Gabi pregnant with Eli's kid just to create juicy drama.

Comment

I was terrified after losing my unborn baby of 12 weeks when pregnant again. I was 34 and having trouble conceiving (fertility decreases - so harder to get pregnant). I spent the entirety of this pregnancy worrying and would have nightmares of losing the baby. She's now almost 19. Her sister is 21. Lani's emotions make sense but this story is dull because she can't act

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X