This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings....so darn bummed!!

So bummed!!! I cannot believe it....Days still going down!!! Another -21,000! Guess we did not catch any new viewers!! But at least GH can say they are number one in viewers...because they are!! But no soap getting skyrocketing numbers!! I just wanted a flare!!

Yep, even the reruns of other soaps are getting more ratings that Day's new episodes. Time for a writing change Mr. Corday!

Comment

They aren’t going to fire Ron , sorry to tell you but also days is usually last place but are up one spot but also the show is up in their demos which is what they care about
      Last edited by Janaeeđź’‹; May 27, 2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I do not want RC let go! Though he is a little over the top I think he has a feel for Days uniqueness and I love that he uses all of the characters. But Days was going up but then suddenly went down. Maybe because the baby story drama is wrapping up? Maybe people liked Stevano more then we thought?? And Tony?? Just do not know anymore!!

Comment

I don't think there are any soap writers left that haven't been endlessly recycled, or any that could do justice to Days. I wish there was someone who
          could give viewers some good stories before the curtain falls.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
            CanaryFan98 commented
            Editing a comment
            This is why they should just invest in a fanfic writer off the street they have nothing to lose at this point there's not much sand left in that hourglass and new blood might actually help.

• dee2
            dee2 commented
            Editing a comment
            ^^There is some fan fiction that is good, better than much of what is written for the show, but I don't know that the writers could work within the
            budget. It would be fun to check out, though.

• tiff5555
            tiff5555 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have some juicy ideas...but it depends on how many viewers can see this. The viewers for Days is hard to get in general

I think the stories could use sparks to some stories than playing it safe They could use Lani and Brady getting closer together and Kristen finds out. Could have brought back Austin for Abby. Robo Chad wants Gabi or at least comes to terms to being friendly again. Tripp could have came back...but I am guessing it's the budget, huh? That's where I think the problem is! Another option, even thou some may not going to like this, Jake catching feelings for Ciara in a time being or Will to Ben. If Days spice it up, the ratings will climb, but then again, it has to be viewers willing to watch.

Comment

• dee2
            dee2 commented
            Editing a comment
            ^^They have spiced it up about as far as permissible, with Ciara and Ben. It hasn't helped.

There needs to be stories of worth that capture more viewers' interest. Those of us who are trying to stay until the end
          are the minority. I would like to see a different writer give it a try, but a different writer would no doubt be as bad or worse than now.

Comment

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post
            Yep, even the reruns of other soaps are getting more ratings that Day's new episodes. Time for a writing change Mr. Corday!
            To be fair, the reruns of Y&R are amazing. So much better than what the current Y&R writers are producing...

Comment

I've said it before... invest in the next generation. The show right now is completely dominated by vets and it's alienating for new viewers.

Comment

• SalemSwinger
                SalemSwinger commented
                Editing a comment
                If the vets and the younger characters are all given good material, why should it matter if the older ones are the focus?
                Are you un-happy with the material or are you unhappy with watching older actors?

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post
              The revolving door of writers is why the ratings took a free fall in the first place. Replacing RC isn’t going to improve ratings.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
                CanaryFan98 commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree replacing him isn't going to improve ratings but I think a variety of factors are involved as to why soaps are terrible across the board. The quality of writing has fallen so far.

Folks, they're the #1 soap in the demos most important to advertisers. So, all the handwringing is a little premature.

Comment

GH is not going all that good. They went down in all the important demos and the last new episode before reruns started got the lowest ratings of the week - meaning there was no big interest in how GH was leaving things.

Comment

Originally posted by prinxe View Post

The revolving door of writers is why the ratings took a free fall in the first place. Replacing RC isn’t going to improve ratings.
                  Times has changed within the few years of why we don't have good ratings. Even recasts sometimes does not work, along with not making stories much more interesting. Sure Stevano was good, but it missed the point. They missed a point with Gabi being pregnant with Eli's kid. Overall, whatever ideas we have, it's not going to work because of the viewers willing to watch Days. It's hard to get viewers. I think they need to take a cue from Lifetime Movies! Now some of their movies, are good!

Comment

Sadly people just dont watch soaps like they used to anymore

Comment

I feel that part of the reason the rating are down is because a lot of affiliates that end up airing the soap for their areas end up getting it pre-empted due to governors of the states coming on and repeating the same stats about what's going on with COVID-19 with no update and just rehashing everything and it drives views away. Over here in Rhode Island, the governor comes on every day except Wednesday at 1 and pre-empts most if not all of the show and we can't get that back. Wednesday is the only day I can watch it live. All other days I have to wait until 8 PM my time for Days to be uploaded to NBC. I imagine some places have it worse off where they don't get ANY of the episodes at all.

Comment

• Santorini99
                        Santorini99 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I so agree with you, Amazee! On much of the West Coast, Days has been preempted for the last two months because of government Covid updates. We, West Coast Days fans, are obligated to set our DVRs at 2:00 in the morning or search it out on On Demand or the Days App. GH always airs and is never interrupted around 2PM on many of the West Coast affiliates. I will say, the baby switch storyline involving so many cast members was a true highlight. However, the Stevano/Gina mind control storyline was so far out that it didn't resonate with many viewers, in my opinion. I will say, the summer preview looks amazing!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X