Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abby and her children

Today when Abby was explaining her mental illness and why she was leaving to two small children who in no way could understand was so ridiculous! They are way too young to understand anything like this. Why couldn't she just say, "Mom & Dad have to be away for a while and you will be staying with Grandma Jennifer and Grandpa Jack." Case closed. Too much information Abby.

I don't know if the explanation was needed...but Chad was right IMO to pressure her to see them before she goes.

She needs to see them one more time...especially if she never comes back.

Comment

Abby is not going to lie to her children. They might not understand but she was right to tell them the truth about going away to get help.

I love that she said Goodbye to her kids. I know she will be back it is just a matter of when. But she loves her kids and should be able to tell them bye one last time before she left. It is great that Chad talked her into seeing her kids again for one more time before she left.

Comment

KM was so good with the kids. ❤😍

Comment

• LoveBO
          LoveBO commented
          Editing a comment
          She really is. She's a natural with them, probably due to Kate being really close to her little twin nephews.

Because children aren't idiots.

Thomas already saw the bags packed, he knew they were leaving. He also knew to ask "what's wrong with mommy?" How would it look if she leaves for an indefinite time and the kids have no idea why their parents left? They'd be confused or feel abandoned.

Thomas is smart enough to suspect something is wrong and Abby respects/loves him enough to give him an honest explanation. She also explained it in a way that would not worry him, but allow him to understand that she needs to "get better" and is leaving for that reason, not something arbitrary. She will return when that happens.
        Last edited by Brenda4ev; May 27, 2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenda4ev View Post

Thomas already saw the bags packed, he knew they were leaving. He also knew to ask "what's wrong with mommy?" How would it look if she leaves for an indefinite time and the kids have no idea why their parents left? They'd be confused or feel abandoned.

Thomas is smart enough to suspect something is wrong and Abby respects/loves him enough to give him an honest explanation. She also explained it in a way that would not worry him, but allow him to understand that she needs to "get better" and is leaving for that reason, not something arbitrary. She will return when that happens.
          I did not see the scenes. Tuned in too late! But your response sounds like something a loving parent, especially Abby, would do.

Comment

• LoveBO
            LoveBO commented
            Editing a comment
            I could marry Brenda's post. Couldn't have said it better. I'm actually giving Ron kudos for writing those scenes. LOL

I think there might be a future drama with her and Chad/kids if she is not fully cured. It’s like one of the movies I saw but with alcohol abuse in school that I had to write a paper for.

Comment

Abby and Chad don't lie to their children, if at all possible. Thomas is getting older, he probably knows something's not right with his mom, so even if Thomas and Charlotte don't understand, it was done out of pure honesty and love.

Comment

They were nice scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenda4ev View Post

Well said Brenda. Kids are sensitive to what goes on around them and can pick up on things esp. at Thomas' age. I like the way Abby framed it in such a way that he would be able to better comprehend. Abby's fear of the hallucinations occurring in front of the kids was sad but totally understandable.

Comment

• Abby_fan
                  Abby_fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love your avatar!

• LadyCanuck
                  LadyCanuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thx Abby_fan! Thomas and Charlotte are adorable. I'll have to find the whole family picture!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X