Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone prefer Orpheus to the Dimera stuff?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone prefer Orpheus to the Dimera stuff?

I can't stand the Dimeras. Orpheus's villainy seems a tad more...grounded in reality.

Orpheus is boring to me. His son was weak and now is in prison and his daughter had no backbone either. There was nothing in his story to make me want to watch. The DiMeras had many layers of characters and story lines. I love them.

Comment

I love Chad even though he is a DiMera but I don't like all the DiMera but I am enjoying Orpheus

Comment

It’s nice to get a break from the Dimeras. I also would like a break from John and Marlana and the whole 80s crew. They should bring back Shawn, Belle, Philip and Chloe and focus on that generation.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
          JackandJenfan commented
          Editing a comment
          😉😉😉😉 While we won't get a break from Jarlena given they are parents/grandparents and arguably the current patriarch and matriarch of Salem, we will get your other wish.

• GrandmaJulie
          GrandmaJulie commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t mind seeing John and Marlena but I feel that they shouldn’t be leading the stories anymore. They need to take on the parent/ grandparent role. They had their day in the sun and the younger generation deserve to have their time as well.

Originally posted by GrandmaJulie View Post
        It’s nice to get a break from the Dimeras. I also would like a break from John and Marlana and the whole 80s crew. They should bring back Shawn, Belle, Philip and Chloe and focus on that generation.
        Yeah I kind of want the whole generation to go away.

Most soaps seem to flesh out their younger generations but it seems like most of the characters on Days are somewhere between their 60's and their 80's.

Comment

I only watch the vets, so Orpheus is my favorite villain so don't ruin him the way they did Stefano by keeping him on all the time. There are too many Dimeras and not enough Brady's and Hortons.

Comment

Orpheus is a great villain, which means of course they'll get rid of him shortly

Comment

2 very different villains who great y, Orpheus like I said is better suited to be like old school Stefano come in for a few months to try to destroy his enemies then leave until he is needed again.

Comment

Well Orpheus is too single minded to be a main character. The Dimera's are more mustache twirling type villains. Orpheus doesn't care about controlling people's lives, or building an empire. He's about revenge. His entire life has revolved around his hatered for a few people

Comment

I don't know the history of this Orpheus character. I just started watching Days in the fall of 2011. All I see is a very nasty, unappealing man. Hopefully, he will exit soon.

Comment

• Ammalie02
                    Ammalie02 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I definitely agree with the nasty and unappealing part. There's something about him that I just can't stand.

• July Baby
                    July Baby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree, too. I see nothing appealing or interesting or exciting about Orpheus. I wish he would just go away.

I cant stand Opie or whatever his name is.... the sooner he leaves my tv screen the better... I mean sure he is a good actor but I hate his character...

Comment

No. Do not like Orpheus. He'll never replace the DiMera's.

Comment

Overall, I really like Orpheus as a villain. The actor is very good. Does his current story hold up to past Stefano DiMera storylines? No, but that doesn't mean he isn't a villain worth keeping around. They unfortunately wrote his son as way too wishy-washy. They could correct that, but they don't seem to be invested in doing that work (no surprise). I think that the first actress playing his daughter (Kelly Thiebaud(sp)) was excellent at playing off of Orpheus. She stood her ground, but also seemed to understand that her father was dangerous. She was protective and fiercely loyal to her brother, too. The new actress has lost a lot of that edge, but I am willing to give it some time to see what happens.

TBH, they are really Jordan, Ben and Clyde 2.0 (without the instant plot-driven crazy that pops up out of nowhere). It would be great to have both Orpheus and Clyde as two new villains on the show. They could be allies or enemies -- either way, there would be two great actors to portray them. Now, if only we could get the writing to match their skills.

Comment

• Blonde_Angel
                        Blonde_Angel commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did you see the flashback scene where Orpheus visited Clyde in the prison? I think Orpheus promised Clyde something but never made good on it..I can't remember what the deal was...

I don't like either one of them.

Comment

Now that you mention it it is nice to get a break from the doppelganger stuff and the silliness.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X