• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mckinnb
    Recurring Poster
    • Dec 2015

I'm not up on my DOOL history

Who is Orpheus and what did he do in the past?
  • rexjdk@msn.com
    Contract Poster
    • Mar 2008

He was Romans x ISA partner who went rogue and he blamed Roman for the death of his wife and kidnapped Marlena to make her raise his children. I think he was believed dead in the plane crash that was thought to have killed Marlena who somehow ended up as Stephano's prisoner. Very ticked off that this history was given to John when I believe originally it was Romans.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      Soap Addict
      • Jul 2018

Roman shot Orpheus' wife in '79. In the '80s, Orpheus orchestrated the kidnapping in Stockholm which he had Marlena run to Rojohn and he shot her with a tranquilizer to have RoJohn feel as Orpheus did when Roman shot Rebecca. Orpheus planted a bomb and Marlena was thought to have died. Instead, she was held captive on an island by Orpheus who had her raise his kids. Roman ( who John was believed to be at the time) shot Orpheus and left him for dead. RoJohn went to the airport in time to see Marlena's plane crash. Years later she will return in the famous pier scene.

Comment

• longtimewatcher
        Board Regular
        • Aug 2006

Don't forget 2016. He terrorized the city with explosives. He tried to burn Kayla and Marlena alive. He was shot and declared dead at the end of that story as well.

In 1987 it wasn't that John left him for dead. He shot him felt his pulse and said he was dead. This was in Orpheus' house, He left to try to get Marlena and was too late to save her. Had one last scene at the house with Orpheus' sister in law. She said she'd raise the children. In 2016 he was not only alive, but in jail.
        No real explanation how he got there.

And, yes, they have decided to paste part of Roman's history onto John. Decided that he killed Orpheus' wife. Definitely not how it played out onscreen in 1986 or the flashback to 1979.

Comment

• lovejomar
          Contract Poster
          • Apr 2013

Thank you for writing that synopsis of Roman/ Orpheus/Ro/John. I wasn’t into the first Roman Marlena pairing so I did not know about the original Roman killing Orpheus’s wife. I had watched sporadically before because I liked Deidre Hall’s Marlena. When they brought The Pawn who would become at first Roman and then John Black and they had put Ro/John and Marlena together I was hooked on Days. Now I understand what everyone is talking about as I knew John who was thought to be Roman was with Marlena when Deidre Hall left to do a night time series. It was explained that Marlena was on a plane that Orpheus made crash and thought to be dead. Then she came back as you said for the famous pier scene. I did not understand until know what Orpheus was talking about that John was responsible for his wife dying as I didn’t remember Orpheus having a wife. Thanks for the Days history.

Comment

• shome
            Scriptwriter
            • Apr 2007

I missed some of show and don't know how Stefano got her after Orpheus. I thought it strange today when Justin wanted to kill Orpheus for killing his wife and Orpheus whole existence is built around his hatred for John killing his wife.

Comment

• longtimewatcher
              Board Regular
              • Aug 2006

Exactly what I was thinking. As Justin ranted and ranted about him killing his wife, I was sort of expecting I know exactly how you feel from Orpheus.

To be clear, Roman killing his wife was done in flashback. It wasn't part of the character's history in 1981-84. It happened in 1979, but the audience finds out in 1986. Well, that is when Orpheus' character was created. He and Roman were ISA agents when it happened.

Comment

• Troystar
                Recurring Poster
                • Feb 2007

So Orpheus first appeared on screen in 1984-86?

Comment

• shome
                  Scriptwriter
                  • Apr 2007

Orpheus came on the show during what I call the Stockholm story, or the three knives story. I don't think he was ever mentioned before in the show. I believe that was 1986. I think they gave him the same dangerous music as Stefano. He was a cold blooded killer. I think he murdered the three in Salem and also the tattoo lady in Stockholm. Ro/John knew it was Orpheus because they developed the photos from the tattoo shop and there was a photo of Orpheus.

Comment

• longtimewatcher
                    Board Regular
                    • Aug 2006

No, he had his own background music. I really liked it, but it was original, not Stefano"s. Orpheus first appeared in late 1986. October? The Stockholm story had been going on for awhile. Started with Bo, actually. An espionage story. Roman was involved having helped Bo back then and it morphed.

3 or 4 people were murdered as it unfolded. We don't know that Orpheus killed them all, but the implication is there. REALLY implied with the woman in the tattoo parlor in Stockholm. As shom said, there was a picture taken of him from a hidden camera in the parlor.

Comment

• shome
                      shome commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You know the story better than me. I think I was working and missed a lot of stuff. I have flashes of Bo, Hope and Steve on a train looking for Britta. I think I saw a scene where Bo busted into a courtroom to yell Roman not guilty.

• longtimewatcher
                      longtimewatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I wasn't home a bunch either. Fortunately I got my first vcr in 1986. The train is when they found Britta. Bo had thought she was dead. Steve knew better and helped Bo and Hope lure her out.

I don't remember yelling not guilty. John was on the show, but wasn't revealed as Roman yet. Bo was in a courtroom charged with treason for passing along these documents. For him, it was just a package Britta asked him to deliver. He didn't know anything was wrong until it was too late.

This was 1979. It was revealed that Roman went to Stockholm and got him out of the mess. Bo told all this to the court at his trial. The courtroom got all riotous. Shawn was all upset that he brought Roman's name into this.

Actually, Shane faced th charges because Victor manipulated the evidence to incriminate him. Then Bo had to come forward to save him. Otherwise it was a secret that Bo and Steve shared. And since Steve was a bad guy then he was constantly taunting Bo about the secret.
                  • tiff5555
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Jul 2007

Orpheus basically a vet...even thou he was cut much out of Days...I wonder if Days will keep him around?

Comment

• tiff5555
                      tiff5555 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      JackandJenfan Basically he is a vet by now, considering what year he joined Days family.

• JackandJenfan
                      JackandJenfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, he's not. ? It's the amount of years one is on the show. Not what year his first episode was. His first appearance mid '80s, doesn't give him vet status.
                      Last edited by JackandJenfan; May 28, 2020, 01:52 PM.

• tiff5555
                      tiff5555 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well the character is considered a vet now despite the lack of years.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X