Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A summer and fall story I would rather see

How unfortunate that every summer spoiler for our show was plot-driven, not character driven. Sloppy, unimaginative writing. And filled with recycled guest appearances by legacy characters who cannot carry the show, and have not for years.

The potential for DOOL to become the #1 Daytime Drama in the US (if that is even a goal for this writing and production team) lies in the love-revenge rivalry between Victor, Brady, and Xander, with compelling complications from Maggie and Sarah. The show already has a great cast for a strong secondary story-book romance and crime-solving drama with Hope, Ciara, Ben, and Kayla.

Needed is a fresh update to the show that grounds story in current events. A new writing team should introduce a team of three doctors (one of them Tom Horton) who develop a corona-like virus vaccine and a company that produces it. The vaccine becomes stolen. And the new story begins. With two tiers.....

The rivalry between Xander and Brady play out with both men vying to buyout the new drug company and then market the new drug. But when Sarah and Kayla discover the vaccine's unfortunate side effect (psychosis), they must weigh their sense of justice against the knowledge that the secret could ruin the emerging prosperity of Salem. Neither Sarah nor Kayla unveils their suspicion publicly, until Maggie contracts the virus and is hospitalized. Sarah prevents her mother from taking the drug, Xander learns the reason why, yet allows Brady's company to win the bidding for the vaccine company. The resulting scandal of the harmful effects destroy Brady's firm. Ultimately, Sarah learns from the patients at Salem's hospital that the original vaccine was altered before being administered in a second and third clinical study. And her research allows Xander to save Brady's company in return for shared control of Horton's original vaccine. Maggie and Sarah heal the rift between the warring cousins. But when Victor dies of the virus, the cousins begin to secretly blame one another and a new rift continues.... with Sarah supporting Xander (and marrying him) and Maggie supporting Brady.... so go the days of their lives.

In the secondary storyline, Ben is charged with stealing the original vaccine patent and allowing it to be manipulated into the destructive version. Ciara and Hope attempt to clear him by learning the relationship among the three doctors who developed the vaccine. They discover that Horton's two partners have purposely altered the vaccine to sabotage its effects while secreting the original formula to another company that will produce it with full US legal protection.

Hope and Ciara learn that Horton's partners are framing him. Ciara shares her hunches with Ben. And on impulse, he confront the doctors. Ciara's conclusions are correct. The doctors have betrayed Tom Horton so that they can become saviors of the nation. But Ben and Ciara's child suddenly becomes ill with a virus mutation. Ben is coerced to take the fall for the theft and the alteration of the original vaccine in return for the two doctors saving his child's life. The doctors become national heroes. But Hope and Ciara are not convinced. Tom Horton, the face and name of the failed vaccine, has his medical license revoked and is publicaly ostracized. He works with Hope and Ciara to uncover the betrayal by his partners. Horton's partners decide to leave Salem to establish a new firm based on the original vaccine. One of the doctors has become smitten with Ciara's cousin, Claire. And Claire becomes the key to indicting the two doctors for their crimes and for getting Ben released from jail. The rift between Ciara and Claire is healed.

Until Claire is romanced by Dr. Tom Horton. She loves him for deciding not to profit from the vaccine. Instead, he donates his work and builds a noble reputation as an innovator and great philanthropist. Horton and Claire marry, and she beings to pressure Horton to unveil his newest drug as a means to further rehabilitate his (their) reputation and to profit from his brilliance. Horton is hesitant to go public until he finishes clinical trials. But with his involvement in the previous scandals, there are no volunteers for testing. Needed are couples in great physical and mental health. So Claire administers the drug unknowingly to Ben and Ciara. Until Hope catches her. And a new investigation begins. So go the days of their lives.

These are the type of stories that hold true to the current lead characters, weaving character-driven story with contemporary events, and give the viewers big payoffs and enjoyable angst moments.

I do not expect Carlivati to write this type of drama. But one can imagine. Thank you for taking to time to read my musings.

Denise

Well here is my ideas but Days will never see what great our ideas are due to legal issues
    • Austin finds Abby in Florida! She sneaks out of the mental ward
    • Andre is the one who drugged Abby for revenge
    • Jake remembers who he really is! And saves Gabi and Li sees the dirty work of Chad, and fires him for good!!!
    • Justin gets evil for sweet Kayla
    • Lucas daughter causes problems
    • Orpheus wants Titan!
    • Clyde breaks out of jail
    • Kate is mad at Jennifer regarding Abby

Comment

Justin may be heading down the evil road when Steve and Kayla are getting together again.

Comment

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        My kind of story even thou Justin was this...well he did cheated on Adrienne few years ago.

no abby with Austin also not want Abby sneak out! Chad and Abby get away from Austin, Gabi, Stephan & Li,

I wish Abby comeback health better than ever Abby very much love with Chad, also love abby come pick Chad and kids hopefully pregnant baby 3 so they move somewhere in beach for good!

Comment

Wouldn't you be shocked if Ron reads this, and decide to implement some of your ideas? I would love to see Claire portrayed as a sane, mature individual for a change. Let her shine. Give Ben and Ciara some real trouble....something that splits them up....makes them distrust each other. And stop leaning on Xandy as the next great leading man....bring in someone new, let her fall madly for Xander, have Xander cross her, and then have Sarah and the newbie eviscerate him. Steve needs to change...he's dominated Kayla for years....I don't care if they ever get back together....I love Jayla....I want Jayla as the long term duo. Just my 2¢.

Comment

I want to see Steve and Kayla get back together they are perfect for each other and soulmates and I can't wait for them to find their way back to each other.

I want to see Ben and Ciara finally break up and her to finally realize that Ben has not changed and never will

I would love for Xander and Sarah to find their way back to each other love them together.

I would love for Gabi to finally pay for everything she has done to everyone. She is a vengeful person who enjoys going after people and causing pain and suffering to people. I want her to finally pay.

I want Abigail to come back healthy again and find out who is drugging her and to make them pay in the courts send them to jail. I would love to see some family time with her and Chad and their children.

Comment

• CindyHaskins
            CindyHaskins commented
            Editing a comment
            I am a huge fan of ben and ciara.I would like to say that ben and ciara finally breaking up it is never going to happen and i see them getting married and been happy together.also gabi finally pay for everything she has done to every one not happen.

Originally posted by Elle23276 View Post
          Wouldn't you be shocked if Ron reads this, and decide to implement some of your ideas? I would love to see Claire portrayed as a sane, mature individual for a change. Let her shine. Give Ben and Ciara some real trouble....something that splits them up....makes them distrust each other. And stop leaning on Xandy as the next great leading man....bring in someone new, let her fall madly for Xander, have Xander cross her, and then have Sarah and the newbie eviscerate him. Steve needs to change...he's dominated Kayla for years....I don't care if they ever get back together....I love Jayla....I want Jayla as the long term duo. Just my 2¢.
          Love the two cents. Character-driven story that creates angsty psychological drama and the development of character among the leads is greatly needed in this genre. All four daytime serials are mired in the rinse-repeat cycle. I suggest that the production companies hire novelists to develop story.

Comment

Originally posted by Chabby lover View Post
            I want to see Steve and Kayla get back together they are perfect for each other and soulmates and I can't wait for them to find their way back to each other.

I want to see Ben and Ciara finally break up and her to finally realize that Ben has not changed and never will

I would love for Xander and Sarah to find their way back to each other love them together.

I would love for Gabi to finally pay for everything she has done to everyone. She is a vengeful person who enjoys going after people and causing pain and suffering to people. I want her to finally pay.

I want Abigail to come back healthy again and find out who is drugging her and to make them pay in the courts send them to jail. I would love to see some family time with her and Chad and their children.
            Yes to all of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Elle23276 View Post
              Wouldn't you be shocked if Ron reads this, and decide to implement some of your ideas?
              Some on the DOOL writing team do read this board.

Comment

• Elle23276
                Elle23276 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well then, you're gonna need a little stipend for these ideas. And let Ron know that your rate's going up for 2021. 😏

Oh dear lord no! Not a story on a corona like virus. We have had nothing but the virus on TV, 24/7, for months. Nothing but!!! I'm sick of it.
              Anything that breaks up Ciara and Ben is a good idea, tho.
              As for Sarah, she's okay most of the time but I wonder why she's always wiping her mouth area in her scenes.
              My biggest delight right now is Gabi. I can't believe it, either. I actually stopped watching for a while when she first showed up. But this version of Gabi, the hysterical woman trying to give Jake a shot then getting angry when she was arrested, Banus has really grabbed her character and shines.

Comment

She wipes because she slobbers. Reminds me of Viola Davis.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X