Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’d rather see a storyline with Doug/Julie than another kidnapping of John & Marlena

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’d rather see a storyline with Doug/Julie than another kidnapping of John & Marlena

I’m sorry but John and Marlena just aren’t interesting anyone. I loved watching Julie in that storyline where she helped Abby bring down Gabi. Julie has more spunk and personality than John and Marlena combined. I could watch Julie bad mouth Gabi all day and that would be more interesting than watching John and Marlena.

How about a storyline where Doug is kidnapped LOL just kidding! I do think it would be nice to have Julie and Gabi eventually resolve their antagonism towards one another, but not too soon. After all, they were close during the year long time jump and those feelings wouldn't completely go away. Julie and Doug definitely should have been more involved with Maggie's prison story.

Comment

• GrandmaJulie
      GrandmaJulie
      Recurring Poster
      GrandmaJulie commented
      Editing a comment
      Why should they resolve their rivalry? That would just be boring. Long time rivalries is what make Days interesting.

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985
      Senior Board Member
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's time for Julie to stop harassing Gabi at every turn.

I agree that it's enough with the John and Marlena kidnapping stories. They don't need to be kidnapped to have a story.

I'd love to see a focus on them too, but leave Gabi and Lani both out of it. I can't stand her interactions with either of them. Not unless that tiny spark of empathy in Julie's eyes at the hospital comes back and she makes an effort to do more than shriek at Gabi. Maggie is in prison and they're barely involved. Hope is de-princessed and they're almost never seen. Doug's own tribute episode wasn't even about him. They're never involved where they should be.
    icyblue2034
    Aspiring soap scribe
    Last edited by icyblue2034; May 20, 2020, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I love John and Marlena but you can only see them get kidnapped so many times. We need another story line for them. Marlana not being someone's queen and let John retire from the ISA.

Comment

I'd love to see more of Doug and Julie. I'd prefer they were with their family and friends though. Julie has been Maggie's best friend/family for 45+ years and they barely interact anymore. She and Doug should also have been involved with Hope/Princess Gina. They didn't even get to see Shawn during his last trip to town.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmaJulie View Post
        I’m sorry but John and Marlena just aren’t interesting anyone. I loved watching Julie in that storyline where she helped Abby bring down Gabi. Julie has more spunk and personality than John and Marlena combined. I could watch Julie bad mouth Gabi all day and that would be more interesting than watching John and Marlena.
        John and Marlena are very interesting and exciting.

Comment

John must really be a terrible ISA agent!! He gets fooled and kidnapped all the time.

Comment

I haven’t been watching that long (5 or 6 years) and I am sick of seeing them kidnapped so I can only imagine how long time viewers feel.

Comment

I've had about as much as i cam stand from Julie bad mouthing Gabi. Not because Gabi doesn't deserve it, it has just long since worn out his welcome.

Comment

I too rather see Doug/Julie in a storyline than Jarlena however they insist on having them deal with anything Gabi related as opposed to their actual family members(Hope, Ciara etc) who I rather see them with.

Their lack of involvement in the PG story is unfortunate back in the day they were quite important when it came to anything PG related.

Comment

I am bored with these on-going kidnap stories for John & Marlena. Enough already! More Doug & Julie please!

Comment

If someone kidnap that old gossip Julie they would go screaming into the night after they let her go.

Comment

The John and Marlena kidnapping stories are too ridiculous even for soaps. I've been fast forwarding them ever since the eighties when I taped the show on VHS

Comment

I wouldn’t necessarily want to see Doug and Julie get the kind of crime and potential breakup stories John and Marlena get, especially since Bill Hayes is 94. Doug and Julie are a ‘till death do us part couple at this point (just like Bill and Susan)! But there’s definitely more that could be done with their family/friend ties in Salem.
                        One past story that could still come back is that Doug fathered a son in the late 70s to give Hope a sibling but due to convoluted circumstances, he didn’t raise the child.

Comment

I'm so over the John and Marlena kidnappings. John is the worst ISA agent in history.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X