Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maggie’s Suicide Attempt

Where did Maggie learn how to make a rope out of a blanket?

It was a very effective looking one, too.

Comment

Originally posted by dee2 View Post
      It was a very effective looking one, too.
      It looked like she’s made tons of them before

Comment

• dee2
        dee2
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        dee2 commented
        Editing a comment
        The whole thing was sobering, I thought. More compelling than anything I've seen on the show in a long time.

Better question, why doesn't she have a cellmate, and how was Xander even allowed in the building if visitor hours are over.

They did get the toilet sink combo right, though.

Comment

First Susan has been fantastic!!!! I always feel that the vets on Days are the best!!! Loved her letter to Victor!!!! And was heartbreaking listening to her writing to Sarah!!! And yes, the scene was chilling!!! Thinking you killed your friend and your own Grandchild would put most any human over the edge!!! Was not happy with the Sarah and Brady revenge talk though!!! I AM SO SICK of revenge stories!!!!!!!! And I have no problem with them being friends but if this is going to be, yet again, a Brady love of his life story....I will be doing a lot of fast forwarding!!! And I was finally starting to like Brady!!!

Comment

I'm sorry, but I found that whole event unbelievable. First, she didn't write a suicide note to her daughter Melissa, but left one in her cell for Sarah, and had already mailed one to Victor days before so that he could receive it the day she decided to do it. Oh, but she hadn't even tore the sheets up yet to make the noose. Then she ties the noose to her bunk, where she has no where really for her body to fall with great force to strangle her, but I'll give them that, because I guess it's somewhat possible.
          Xander arrives, (God knows how he got through the multiple locked doors or how he knew where her cell was anyway since visitors only see the visitation room, not the prisoner cells,) and all he has to do is lift or stand her up to reduce tension on the 'rope' but he instead decides to hug her and listen for her pulse or breathing while she remains in that position?
          This all left me shaking my head.

Comment

• dee2
            dee2
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            dee2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I did think the same, about the letter to Victor reaching him in time for him to try to prevent it, but
            I found the overall scene of the rope and especially the last scene, chilling, like the other poster said.

I am annoyed that they didn't do a PSA at the end of the episode.

Comment

Wow kudos to Suzanne Rogers. She did a great job today. I cried along with her. The pain and guilt were just too much to bear. Thank goodness Xander got there in time!

Comment

• patrick4days
            patrick4days
            Board Regular
            patrick4days commented
            Editing a comment
            It was a very potent material. Too bad the writers set it up with some ridiculous material.

I'm curious what SR thought of this when she read the script. Plus given her age should she really be doing this type of story?

I mean if they wanted the character to attempt suicide couldn't they just have her take pills and some booze instead? That could've been just as effective.

Problem is this is done for shock value and not much else it will be quickly forgotten much like JJ's attempt as well as Haley's.

At least with JJ they did do a PSA and that was a great performance which was the only good thing I could say about that.

If this show can't write social issues with some level of dignity they shouldn't bother. I'll take any BFTD story as trite as they are over them attempting to be socially aware because they completely tone deaf.

Comment

• varlena
            varlena
            Executive Poster
            varlena commented
            Editing a comment
            It is actually less offensive than some of the grey rape s/l's they've had over the years though. But this s/l is offensive to the intellect.

I'm sorry, I found it hilarious!🤣 She really hung herself by sitting on the floor? And the rope still had a lot of slack in it. When I saw that scene, I laughed! 😂😂

Comment

• Elvis12
            Elvis12
            Recurring Poster
            Elvis12 commented
            Editing a comment
            And Zander didn't try to remove it. He sat there holding her head. And when the body gets no air, the brain takes over whether you're awake or asleep and you will you will move your head so you can breathe. It was entertaining, tho.

• ShermanTank
            ShermanTank
            Board Regular
            ShermanTank commented
            Editing a comment
            I had to laugh too... That was a pretty sad attempt... Yay and Xander all hugging her but not taking the rope off. We all know Maggie isnt going out like that anyways so the whole thing was just meh...

DaSolver
          Day Player
          DaSolver You aren't the only one. She was literally just sitting on the floor with her head down and the rope loosely around her neck.

Comment

Maggie's letter was touching, I admit, but everything else was totally ridiculous. It is 100% plot driven designed to turn up the drama to 11 with Maggie in the hospital, probably in a coma, and Xander/Victor in a guilt spiral.

Comment

Originally posted by Think_Of_Laura View Post
              I'm sorry, but I found that whole event unbelievable. First, she didn't write a suicide note to her daughter Melissa, but left one in her cell for Sarah, and had already mailed one to Victor days before so that he could receive it the day she decided to do it. Oh, but she hadn't even tore the sheets up yet to make the noose. Then she ties the noose to her bunk, where she has no where really for her body to fall with great force to strangle her, but I'll give them that, because I guess it's somewhat possible.
              Xander arrives, (God knows how he got through the multiple locked doors or how he knew where her cell was anyway since visitors only see the visitation room, not the prisoner cells,) and all he has to do is lift or stand her up to reduce tension on the 'rope' but he instead decides to hug her and listen for her pulse or breathing while she remains in that position?
              This all left me shaking my head.
              I had a hard time feeling emotional about this attempted suicide, given all the issues you mentioned. Especially, sitting on the floor of the cell, supposedly dead. How does one hang themselves from a seated position?

Comment

• Clementine15
                Clementine15
                Contract Poster
                Clementine15 commented
                Editing a comment
                l thought it was going to be stunning moment, but it was not. You really do have to jump off something where your feet won't touch. Would have been better if Xander had found her just before the attempt. But it was a great looking bed-sheet rope, that's for sure!

Maggie learned how to make rope out of a bed sheet in prison craft classes.

Comment

Originally posted by leela1965
                My sister in law killed herself. Suicide is a tough thing to incorporate in a story for the sole purpose of forwarding Xander and victors guilt
                As cheesy as it was let's just be thankful they didn't kill her off via suicide. It would really suck considering she's innocent.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X