• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Russellgm
    Contract Poster
    • Apr 2018

John Black The Hero

I really can't believe John Black was or is this great big hero, an OSI (or whatever that agency is called) agent and now a private detective and is always getting caught by the bad guys. When Steve was parading as Stefano, he captured John and even Hope as Gina held him captive, drugged him and now Orpheus has him kidnapped. I thought he was such a big shot agent and private eye so how are his skills no better than this. He really is not good at his jobs to keep getting captured like this and by a woman like Gina no less.
  • RickySpanish
    Contract Poster
    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Russellgm View Post
    I really can't believe John Black was or is this great big hero, an OSI (or whatever that agency is called) agent and now a private detective and is always getting caught by the bad guys. When Steve was parading as Stefano, he captured John and even Hope as Gina held him captive, drugged him and now Orpheus has him kidnapped. I thought he was such a big shot agent and private eye so how are his skills no better than this. He really is not good at his jobs to keep getting captured like this and by a woman like Gina no less.
    Steve and Hope are some of his closest friends, getting caught off guard by them shouldn't come as a shock. Are you always on guard when you're with your closest family or friends, fearing they might attack you?

Orpheus used to also be in the ISA, and is an expert criminal. Who knows how he got the jump on John.

From a writing perspective this I think is an attempt to get away from John always needing to save Marlena. To make her the hero of this story.

Comment

• Abby_fan
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2015

John needs to retire and spend time with his grands. He could start a quiet little business and enjoy his life.

John is no longer the skillful ISA agent he once was. Or his captors are just better and more skillful than he is!

Comment

• Russellgm
        Contract Poster
        • Apr 2018

I may not be on guard all the time but John is suppose to have better instincts given his line of work. If my friends or family are not acting the way they usually are I think I would notice and think something was up.

Comment

• RickySpanish
          Contract Poster
          • Dec 2018

I may not be on guard all the time but John is suppose to have better instincts given his line of work. If my friends or family are not acting the way they usually are I think I would notice and think something was up.
          This is the Worf effect. The only way to show how smart, and dangerous a villain is to take down the big strong hero. John being the super soldier means that he needs to be taken down sometimes.

Comment

• magoo1000
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Aug 2009

Oh give him a break he is getting old. LOL

Comment

• rexjdk@msn.com
              Contract Poster
              • Mar 2008

The only people who were super heros in Salem in the last couple of years were Hatti and Anna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now they are both gone and Salem may never be safe again with these so called big man super hero's who always talked dismissively about them. Other than Tony did any of the men thank Anna for taking down Steveno? Not one of them!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X