• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Russellgm
    Contract Poster
    • Apr 2018

Law Enforcement In Salem

Law enforcement in Salem is a joke. I want the whole department to be thrown out and start fresh and hire all new people. They could write this part of the story just a little bit better. People that are committing all of the crimes are walking free to do more damage like Orpheus, Kristin, Sarah, Gabi, Lani,and people that have done nothing sit in jail paying for crimes that they haven't committed. Can't they at least get one right. That department is one big fat joke. Half of the department or criminals themselves.
  • RickySpanish
    Contract Poster
    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Russellgm View Post
    Law enforcement in Salem is a joke. I want the whole department to be thrown out and start fresh and hire all new people. They could write this part of the story just a little bit better. People that are committing all of the crimes are walking free to do more damage like Orpheus, Kristin, Sarah, Gabi, Lani,and people that have done nothing sit in jail paying for crimes that they haven't committed. Can't they at least get one right. That department is one big fat joke. Half of the department or criminals themselves.
    Salem PD used to be run by main characters, and looked better. Now it's run by what I'd describe as secondary characters. I'd also say that because of the culture in Hollywood, they don't really hold law enforcement in high regard, so they aren't going to make them look great on tv.

Comment

• Abby_fan
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2015

You must be new to Days of Our Lives. The Salem Police Department has always been corrupt. I think that is a criteria on the job application. I can’t think of anyone who didn’t at some point become corrupt to benefit a family member or love one.

But yeah, it does need an overhaul. Hmmm... who could do the SPD justice? Salem needs to put out an ad for non corrupt officers to apply for the SPD.
      Last edited by Abby_fan; May 18, 2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Dareen
        Dareen commented
        Editing a comment
        Ciara and Ben would be great yo run Salem pd. That is if they can find the time to do any work.

• July Baby
        July Baby commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Dareen: LOL! The former serial killer running the SPD - perfect! But Ben and Ciara don't have time for full-time jobs!
    • dee2
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by RickySpanish View Post

Salem PD used to be run by main characters, and looked better. Now it's run by what I'd describe as secondary characters. I'd also say that because of the culture in Hollywood, they don't really hold law enforcement in high regard, so they aren't going to make them look great on tv.
      True, on both things.

Comment

• Bronson
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Mar 2004

I miss the days when Roman Brady was in the Salem PD.

Comment

• dee2
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do, too! And Abe. Abe had more story than he does as Mayor.

• ALoyalSoapFan
          ALoyalSoapFan commented
          Editing a comment
          Roman always had me ? at his those dayum DiMeras! ?
      • varlena
        Soap Addict
        • Oct 2014

Well they tried having Raines in charge to clean things up, but then they made him corrupt too in order to prop Rope.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
          JackandJenfan commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm still not over that. ?

• ALoyalSoapFan
          ALoyalSoapFan commented
          Editing a comment
          ^Ditto! I'm not over it, either! ?
      • jollydolly
        Day Player
        • Dec 2019

Law enforcement across soaps is bad. It's lazy writing I think to consistently write the police as stupid and failing and the criminals as smart and winning. There has to be balance but soaps just can't seem to do it.

Comment

• CADY
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2012

The writers continue making the Salem PD pitiful. A bunch of idiots!

Comment

• tashasummer75
            Day Player
            • May 2015

Originally posted by CADY View Post
            The writers continue making the Salem PD pitiful. A bunch of idiots!
            People are always getting away with crimes are going to jail for crimes they did not do. Gabi will be let free for trying to inject Jake with memory serum. She is in spoilers with Jake next week she must not go to Jail

Comment

• JackandJenfan
              JackandJenfan commented
              Editing a comment
              Gabi didn't even touch him and Jake didn't want to contact police.
          • Abby_fan
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Bronson View Post
            I miss the days when Roman Brady was in the Salem PD.
            I guess Roman doesn’t have any family members who need his protection from shooting people and needing other crimes to be covered. He gave the reins to another to cover for family and prosecute to be fullest those deemed unworthy.

Comment

• tashasummer75
              Day Player
              • May 2015

JackandJenfan someone must rat her out I am guessing it is big mouth Chad. I used to like him but not anymore. Jake will not press charges against Gabi she will be set free thank God I hope. Jail is for real crimals like Kristen who got away with stab Victor. I see Gabi in spoilers with Jake next week she must not go to Jail. Team Gabi all the way.

Comment

• Skins 2008
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jul 2008

The first time I saw corruption in the SPD was in 1985 when the corrupt PC Richard Cates ran it, Sgt McBride was one of his minions.

Comment

• MrAgnes
                  Contract Poster
                  • Nov 2010

To be fair, the Salem cops are better at their jobs than the Statesville guards are at theirs.

Comment

• icyblue2034
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by varlena View Post
                    Well they tried having Raines in charge to clean things up, but then they made him corrupt too in order to prop Rope.
                    He was a prime example of the problem: If you follow the rules and expect them to be followed, and if you expect officers to uphold the law regardless of personal connections to the criminals and each other, you will be turned into a big villain and torn down so one of the other corrupt cops looks better and can take your place.

But the corruption never goes away. We have Rafe who has been corrupt almost as long as he's been in Salem, protecting the criminal women in his life even at the expense of his own family. Despite Chad's rantings, Rafe has not abused his power to protect Gabi. In fact, he's helped send her to jail for a crime she didn't even commit. Now we have arrogant Eli who has thrown away his principles and become as corrupt as the rest for worthless Lani, of all people, who was easily manipulated by Kristen into helping her escape because "she's my friend" and Lani hasn't the brain to put the pieces together. Incompetent and corrupt and only in the job because Abe is the mayor. They're all still covering for the people they care about because they hold those people as being above the law. Even Melinda Trask, a rare person in the profession who believed the law should be upheld (stupid Haley garbage aside) and was hated for it, was made to bow before the hypocrisy when Chad intimidated her into letting Abigail get away with murder. No one who actually does their job and doesn't offer special treatment is allowed to stand for long. And they are always hated by the corrupt cops because they get in the way of abusing their jobs to protect their friends/family from the consequences of their actions.

Comment

• kahinamah
                      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                      • Sep 2019

The worst are the women and the mans of lawer who break the law, Eli and Lani, we never see them investigated, they take the 1st suspect, like that they say that they did their job, they lie, let go of the criminals, and afterwards dare to arrest innocent people.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X