Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maggie suicide attempt?

Is that what they were implying today? If so, it's completely OOC for her.

Yes it’s what she’s doing.

Comment

Why? She found out she is responsible for her granddaughter's and Adrienne's death, Will spending months in prison... That's a lot for anyone to take.

Comment

I don't think she would at all. Especially after Sarah forgave her.

I knew when Rafe found out about happened they would have something bad happen to Maggie at the prison before she found out the good news. It is 100% plot driven rubbish.

Comment

• Dareen
          Dareen commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinking the same about all you said. I hope that she will get the good news before she tries to off herself.

Maggie has hit rock bottom. She can't deal with killing Adrienne & her grandchild. Looks like she will attempt suicide. I can't wait until the truth is prevailed. Maggie has suffered so much for a tragic accident, she did not commit.

Comment

I don't want to see it because I have no doubt there will be ZERO repercussions from it.

Suicide is such an important topic to discuss, not a plot point, which is how RC will use it. I'd rather see a character attempt suicide and then go thru therapy and get help. Instead, Maggie will be "back to normal" in a few weeks like nothing happened.

Comment

And I'm sure Rafe is going to take his sweet time informing Maggie she's innocent or she tries to off herself before Rafe has a chance.

Comment

Didn’t Sarah just tell Maggie that Maggie was all she had left so how does Maggie think it would impact Sarah? I don’t even like Sarah but that is pretty bad of Maggie.

Comment

• varlena
                varlena commented
                Editing a comment
                It's not really "Maggie" it's writer driven stuff that makes no sense.

She suffers, feels guilty, suicide can affect everyone, even strong people, and often it also comes from depression after dramas.

Comment

I really dont believe suicide can happen to everyone. It's a very personal thing and like killing someone in self defense I dont see everyone able to do that. As for Maggie I dont think she would. For me it's like Alice Horton killing herself. I just dont see it.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
                  JackandJenfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why is it so unheard of? With all that is believed to be Maggie's fault. Why is it that her not wanting to live with the massive guilt and shame so outlandish? Do I think they'd write it with consideration and the recovery afterwards with therapy? No, but I don't see how it is considered ooc. The weight of it all can take its toll on anyone.

Originally posted by varlena View Post
                Is that what they were implying today? If so, it's completely OOC for her.
                No farther out than marrying a crime boss and living high with his ill-gotten gains while closing her eyes to everything he does. Seems to me her suicidal tendencies date back to agreeing to their first date.

Comment

Originally posted by LAdude View Post
                  I don't want to see it because I have no doubt there will be ZERO repercussions from it.

Suicide is such an important topic to discuss, not a plot point, which is how RC will use it. I'd rather see a character attempt suicide and then go thru therapy and get help. Instead, Maggie will be "back to normal" in a few weeks like nothing happened.
                  I agree with you here. Counting Maggie, we've had three suicide attempts in recent memory: JJ, Haley, and now Maggie. Of those, JJ's was the only one that actually played out as a story. We get him struggling through that night, Gabi helping him (hate the writers for trashing this bond), and a long aftermath where he and all who loved him tried to figure out how to move forward and help him get to a better place mentally. Unfortunately we also saw certain horrible people use what happened as an excuse for their own selfish lies, but I guess that's Soap world.

Haley's attempt was literally a plot point to get her and JJ to connect and that was it. Their explanation for why she did it was equally plot-driven and weak. I was disgusted by it. There was no depth, no serious consideration. She just took some pills where she was guaranteed to be found before they worked anyway. It was disrespectful to every single person who has battled suicidal thoughts and attempts.

Now we have Maggie, who in terms of what led her to the suicide attempt has a lot of weight. Her evil vile wretched pathetic excuse for human slime daughter Summer went after her with all she had to break her down. As far as she knows she got drunk, got in the car, and ran Sarah and Adrienne off the road. Adrienne died from that little bump that came from who knows where. Will was sent to prison because Victor and Xander were protecting her. Now she's found out that she also caused the death of Sarah's baby and her own husband was the mastermind behind switching the babies and Xander had carried it out. Her life has been blown to pieces this past year. I wish I could believe the repercussions of this were going to lead to a real story like JJ's, but I'm afraid you're right and we're just getting a plot point like Haley's.

I hope RC proves me wrong.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X