• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skins 2008
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2008

Jordan Ridgeway was no innocent victim

It kind of bothered me the way Marlena said what Christian did to Jordan to Orpheus today, she made it sound like Jordan was some innocent victim. She wasn't because she probably went to the guest house in the first place intending to kill Ciara and frame Ben for the crime. I'm a Jordan fan but she is or was a very deranged and dangerous woman I hope they don't forget that..
  • icyblue2034
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2013

That's been bugging me all along. It's like they've forgotten she tried to murder Ciara multiple times. And that one of those times resulted in Rafe being poisoned as well as seriously risking Ari being poisoned. It's likely true Jordan was going to make one last attempt at murdering Ciara before fleeing town with David. She just didn't count on the father of her child tracking her down, being angry that she hid his son from him, and responding with violence when she provoked him with the threat of keeping his son from him forever.

For some reason none of that matters to them. Somehow Kristen attempting to murder Victor was fine to many in Salem but Evan murdering Jordan was unforgivable even though they centered on the same thing: A stolen child. And Jordan was still an active and extremely dangerous threat. But no, now that she's dead suddenly she was a victim. I wonder if we'd be seeing the same story if they weren't trying to come up with an excuse for arrogant Rafe, who has crossed into creepy town, to keep custody of David. Regardless I'm sick of the discussions that ignore what a dangerous lunatic that woman was. I'm sick of her victims turning into her champions because she's dead.

Comment

• bajou
      bajou commented
      Editing a comment
      Very good points. Why is a mother's pain re a " stolen child" more valuable than a father's? My mother always used to say......."Everyone's a real fine fella after they're dead."
  • tiff5555
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

I don't think some characters know regarding Jordan Same with Abby. If only we get the scene of putting them in a spotlight of what they have done in other characters eyes, yeah, they will know.

Comment

• Skins 2008
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2008

It wouldn't surprise me if Ben was to say it was Clyde's fault that Jordan brutally murdered their mother and unborn baby sibling because if he hadn't raped her she wouldn't have driven that car full speed into the tree.
      Last edited by Skins 2008; May 15, 2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Elle23276
        Elle23276 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's okay if he says it, because he's right on. It is Clyde's fault, because Jordan was brutalized by that pig and his friends. And she was just a kid, too. Isn't that part of the reason that the authorities sent her to Bayville instead of prison?

• Skins 2008
        Skins 2008 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Clyde has to take some of the blame for the monster Jordan became, I'm not sure how old Jordan was when she committed those murders.
    • Skins 2008
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
      I don't think some characters know regarding Jordan Same with Abby. If only we get the scene of putting them in a spotlight of what they have done in other characters eyes, yeah, they will know.
      It's common knowledge what Jordan did even Kristen said she knew who Jordan was before they met for the first time last year.
      Last edited by Skins 2008; May 15, 2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• icyblue2034
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Skins 2008 View Post
        It wouldn't surprise me if Ben was to say it was Clyde's fault that Jordan brutally murdered their mother and unborn baby sibling because if he hadn't raped er she wouldn't have driven that car full speed into the tree.
        Wouldn't surprise me either. We already had Jordan going on monologues about how Ben was an irredeemable monster because of Clyde. Now that she's dead and being treated like an innocent victim I wouldn't be surprised to hear him use that "defense" for her.

Though, if he does then he's a hypocrite for not applying that same defense to Evan and his criminal dad Orpheus.

Comment

• Elle23276
          Elle23276 commented
          Editing a comment
          The main difference is, though....Christian would have let someone else (Ben) take the blame for what he did....although it was an accident.
      • varlena
        Soap Addict
        • Oct 2014

Chris claims he killed her by accident but why should we believe him?

He's weak--why does he participate in Orpheus's crimes instead of walking away?

Comment

• Elle23276
          Elle23276 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very true. But he shouldn't get 20. But then again, 20 is only a few months in Salem time....

• Shimmer33
          Shimmer33 commented
          Editing a comment
          He put a scarf around her neck to choke her. It wasn't an accident just like what Ben did to his victims wasn't an accident.
      • Skins 2008
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by cali815
        What bothered me about Marlena's attitude is that she has embraced Ben, who has done much worse than Evan. Evan explained that his actions were accidental and like a temporary insanity and she still judges him harshly. Ben has an "imbalance" that causes him to methodically kill multiple women, strangle her grandson and attack her in an effort to frame Chad, but she is OK with that because he is taking meds and is "balanced." Bull. This is just crappy writing. I am fast forwarding through most of the Ben/Ciara scenes together. Marlena was one of my favorite characters and she is becoming unbearable. May be fast forwarding her, too, until Will leaves and then I am out.
        This wasn't about Ben though it was about how suddenly some are acting like Jordan was some innocent victim who was killed by Big Bad Evan and she wasn't.

Comment

• RickySpanish
          Contract Poster
          • Dec 2018

Jordan was one session with Marlena away from being totally cured, and would have become a saint in the community. Marlena recognized this, and is rightfully angry.

Comment

• lagirl
            Soap Addict
            • Nov 2006

I know and neither was the guy who murdered her.
            The same thing in regards to Andre when they acted like he was some saint when Gabi was charged with his murder.

Comment

• Skins 2008
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by RickySpanish View Post
              Jordan was one session with Marlena away from being totally cured, and would have become a saint in the community. Marlena recognized this, and is rightfully angry.
              So true Jordan probably would have been beloved again and maybe even become the new mayor.

Comment

• RickySpanish
                RickySpanish commented
                Editing a comment
                Most likely she'd have started volunteering at the Horton center, and have fallen in love with Eric. Eric wouldn't show any interest until she fell out of love with him, and went for another man. Then Eric would realize his love for her.
            • Janaee?
              Newcomer
              • Apr 2020

It doesn’t matter if she wasn’t some innocent victim she didn’t deserve what Evan did to her

Comment

• Skins 2008
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Janaee? View Post
                It doesn’t matter if she wasn’t some innocent victim she didn’t deserve what Evan did to her
                No your right Jordan should be jail in for killing her mother and unborn baby brother.

Comment

• Janaee?
                  Janaee? commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She couldn’t be charged for that
              • icyblue2034
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Janaee? View Post
                Neither did Jordan's mother and unborn sibling that she murdered because she decided it was better than a life with Clyde. Neither did Ciara all the times she tried to murder her.

But those things happened and she walked free after each one. The only thing that happened was a short stay in a mental institution where she was released because she was a psychopath, not mentally ill. Did she deserve to die? No. Should she have provoked a man with the threat of taking his child away forever (again, given that she'd already hidden him from Evan once) because once more she's made a unilateral decision for everyone? Also no. Jordan was a psycho who played with fire and got burned. She wasn't innocent. She was evil. And she wasn't going to stop until she or Ciara ended up dead. She just pissed Evan off enough that he lost it and accidentally took her out (still waiting to hear how she actually died after he let go of her while she was clearly still alive) because he didn't want to lose his son forever.

Funny, I get the feeling a lot of Salem residents have gone to extremes to be allowed to have their kids in their lives. I wonder if there's a murder/accidental murder or two in that pile?

Comment

• Shimmer33
                  Shimmer33 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It wasn't an accident he let Will and now Maggie go to prison for something he and his Father did.
              • Muffers
                Newcomer
                • Apr 2020

Originally posted by icyblue2034 View Post
                I'm sick of her victims turning into her champions because she's dead.
                And I'm sick of Ben's victims turning into his champions because Ciara says "he has changed."

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X