• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EveIBelieve
    Recurring Poster
    • Apr 2019

What Days could do to fill the eventual hiatus

So as some of you may know, CBS has been re-running old episodes of Y&R and B&B after running out of new episodes to air. While Days still has months of new episodes to run, a hiatus is inevitable and something will be needed to fill the time. So I had an idea, Corday Productions could create condensed episodes of older storylines.

I got the idea when I came across a video on YouTube of Channel 9's (Australian television channel) brief summary of the Salem Stalker storyline that featured all the deaths that took place. So Corday could do the exact same thing, all they would need is a dedicated group of editors to piece through popular storylines to create a cohesive narrative and they could do it. Unlike following the CBS' lead and airing older episodes out-of-order and incomplete, Corday could compile entire episodes of condensed storylines for airing on NBC.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by EveIBelieve; May 15, 2020, 06:32 PM.
  • LadyCanuck
    Contract Poster
    • Dec 2014

That's a good idea. Question would be how good a job the editors would do with it lol. Days editing department seems to have issues with cutting the wrong scenes or scenes that are spoiled in magazines or are pertinent to the stories at hand. I like the idea. The way things are going Days might need to make plans no matter how far ahead they were before the shutdown.

Comment

• RickySpanish
      Contract Poster
      • Dec 2018

I think Days could have guest hosts introduce some of Days biggest stories over time. A kind of Days rewind. It would actually be fun I think. They could do weekly themes. They could have a Dimera week for example showing the biggest stories that revolve around Stefano and his kids. That would take over a week though!

Comment

• ant48
        ant48 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what Y&R is currently doing with themed weeks and having cast members introducing episodes.
    • Jason47
      Contract Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by EveIBelieve View Post
      So as some if you may know, CBS has been re-running old episodes of Y&R and B&B after running out of new episodes to air. While Days still has months of new episodes to run, a hiatus is inevitable and something will be needed to fill the time. So I had an idea, Corday Productions could create condensed episodes of older storylines.

I got the idea when I came across a video on YouTube of Channel 9's (Australian television channel) brief summary of the Salem Stalker storyline that featured all the deaths that took place. So Corday could do the exact same thing, all they would need is a dedicated group of editors to piece through popular storylines to create a cohesive narrative and they could do it. Unlike following the CBS' lead and airing older episodes out-of-order and incomplete, Corday could compile entire episodes of condensed storylines for airing on NBC.

Thoughts?
      I think doing a clip show as you suggest is much harder. I believe a show has to get permission from every single actor if they produce a clip show, as opposed to just airing a repeat of an episode. So, a clip show would not only cost a lot of money (for the many actors who might appear in clips), but beforehand, the show would have to get permission from anyone featured in a clip.

It's different for a repeat. They don't need to get permission, just pay the actors featured in the episode.

Comment

• tiff5555
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jul 2007

I think Days will show re-runs, but not recent episodes like 2019 where people are going to tune out. Plus, it might be a hit and miss with very old episodes, either people will tune in or not. And there are some people who may not be in the world today. Which is one of the reasons of lower viewership.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
          JackandJenfan commented
          Editing a comment
          What? Lol Yes, some people who used to watch have died. That's a given.
      • SatanSaysYo
        Newcomer
        • May 2020

I'd love for them to show old episodes, but if they do it'll probably just be from the past year or so. I wish they'd go back further. Finding old Days clips is so hard!

Comment

• varlena
          Soap Addict
          • Oct 2014

Dr. Rolf can come up with a Coronavirus cure so they can keep filming.

Comment

• That'sAFact!
            Board Regular
            • Dec 2018

It would be nice if they aired their web episodes. I don't know how many there are, or how long they are, but it's a nice idea. Remember that those are not available outside of the US, (at least not the last time i looked). Many fans have never seen them. When entire Two Scoops articles are dedicated to the web episodes, the rest of us left in the dark.

It could be a cool option, but do those episodes connect directly to what happens on TV?

Comment

• Jason47
              Contract Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by That'sAFact! View Post
              It would be nice if they aired their web episodes. I don't know how many there are, or how long they are, but it's a nice idea. Remember that those are not available outside of the US, (at least not the last time i looked). Many fans have never seen them. When entire Two Scoops articles are dedicated to the web episodes, the rest of us left in the dark.

It could be a cool option, but do those episodes connect directly to what happens on TV?
              They don't connect much to the TV series. They were made to be watched without affecting the TV series much. The main connection to the TV series is that the day Chad & Abby left Paris on the app series (November 7), they showed up in Salem on November 8. And, we recently met Li Shin, the son of Mr. Shin, on the TV show. He had previously only appeared on the app series.

Each of the Chad & Abby series had a runtime of around 1 hour. The Last Blast Reunion had a runtime of around 1 hour, 20 minutes. So, combined, the 3 web series are around 2 hours, 20 minutes. So they would take up just under 4 episodes on TV (37 minute episodes).

Chad & Abby in Paris, Chapter One
              Release Episode # Length
              8/1/19 WS001-01 9:00
              8/1/19 WS001-02 6:47
              8/1/19 WS001-03 6:09
              8/8/19 WS001-04 5:39
              8/15/19 WS001-05 6:39
              8/22/19 WS001-06 5:21
              8/29/19 WS001-07 7:00
              9/5/19 WS001-08 9:19

Chad & Abby in Paris, Chapter Two
              Release Episode # Length
              9/19/19 WS002-01 7:34
              9/26/19 WS002-02 8:40
              10/3/19 WS002-03 7:01
              10/10/19 WS002-04 6:58
              10/17/19 WS002-05 8:43
              10/24/19 WS002-06 6:18
              10/31/19 WS002-07 7:16
              11/7/19 WS002-08 7:03

Last Blast Reunion, Chapter One
              Release Episode # Length
              11/29/19 WS003-01 8:30
              12/5/19 WS003-02 8:34
              12/12/19 WS003-03 8:39
              12/19/19 WS003-04 10:51
              12/26/19 WS003-05 10:26
              1/2/20 WS003-06 10:22
              1/9/20 WS003-07 10:25
              1/16/20 WS003-08 12:56 (9:46 plus 3:10 bloopers)
              Last edited by Jason47; May 18, 2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• That'sAFact!
                Board Regular
                • Dec 2018

Well, if we've run out of episodes by Fall, Days could revert to the 30min format and this could give about 7 episodes, 8 if it was stretched.

Comment

• dqc0525
                  Board Regular
                  • Feb 2012

I know I will probably make many mad, but I would love to see Days do a week or 2 dedicated to Sami. I have episodes in mind that they could air too.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X