This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh! Just saw the latest Ratings!!

So bummed!! Just saw the latest ratings for the week of May 4th......less then 2,000,000 viewers again. In fact, an 81,000 loss in viewers! Where did everybody go? With BB's return as Stefan/Jake and the Baby story wrapping up, I had hopes for so much better!! Preemptions probably not helping and one of the days did not air a full show......but still!! This week has some good performances....so still holding out hope for better in the next few weeks!! At least Days has stayed up in the 18-34 ratings!! I will take the positives I can get!!

When the writers won't write what viewers want to see. Fans of some characters don't like how they write their characters or couples. It has been going on since this stupid time jump. They are showing too many recent flashbacks. They write the bad guys getting away with everything and there are no payoffs anymore. There is no point to watch the ending of a story.

Comment

I think the shutdown and stay at home orders have changed viewers' watching habits. I know I've been watching many NetFlix, Amazon Prime and other apps' series instead of regular TV

Comment

Originally posted by shome View Post
      They write the bad guys getting away with everything and there are no payoffs anymore. There is no point to watch the ending of a story.
      Yep. That is one of the biggest problems with the show. The stories drag on and there's never any pay off... no sense of satisfactions when watching. That applies to every single Gabi story in the past few years. I just can't watch her.

They also constantly blur the lines between "good" and "bad" characters. Look at how Kristen 2x rapist, murderess, kidnapper is being written. Sarah is supposed to be a heroine, but she's so unlikable and insufferable. How can people root for her when they're too busy using her to make Kristen sympathetic? Then to go along with that, they write disgusting toxic and UNromantic pairings such as Brady and Kristen...

If I wasn't a long time fan, I'd also tune out. I really cannot blame viewers for losing interest in this show. I just stick around out of loyalty and hope... I really wish the show would get better.

Comment

• Brenda4ev
        Brenda4ev
        Aspiring soap scribe
        Brenda4ev commented
        Editing a comment
        JackandJenfan
        Scriptwriter
        JackandJenfan Gabi's entire first revenge plot was about making Abby pay... drugging her, dragging her around town, gaslighting her, convincing people her alter was back, falsely watching her get committed, etc.

But, that's neither here nor there. The actual point was too many repetitive stories with villains who never pay. Gabi starring in 3 of them.

• JackandJenfan
        JackandJenfan
        Scriptwriter
        JackandJenfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, Gabi's revenge was to make Abby and Stefan pay. I'm not disputing that. The reason was they never paid. That's why she retaliated.

• backheidi
        backheidi
        Contract Poster
        backheidi commented
        Editing a comment
        Still not an excuse to try to murder someone....especially Julie for calling her names. All of her reasons were stupid and illogical because only Stefan, completely in control of his mind, purposely treated her horrible.

They need to stop relying on gimmicks like bringing people back from the dead, and doppelgangers, and do some real stories. I was okay with them bringing Will back but it just gets ridiculous at a certain point.

Comment

Well the news interrupts Days all of the time And the people are doing other things. The stories are lack luster. The BRISTEN story could have been good if Eileen was in the role.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
          JackandJenfan
          Scriptwriter
          JackandJenfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Where is your polling of viewers to back up why they watched it or didn't watch? You can't say it was that one pairing or character. You are making assumptions. Jarlena being the focus has the highest ratings weeks. But they were also in episodes before where the ratings were not good. Get it yet? This isn't rocket science! 🙄
          JackandJenfan
          Scriptwriter
          Last edited by JackandJenfan; May 13, 2020, 03:50 PM.

• tiff5555
          tiff5555
          Aspiring soap scribe
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been tracking since EJ and Sami left. The ratings dipped after that. Even Ken admitted too. The last time the ratings was high was back in 2015 actually with the Fall Sweeps.

• JackandJenfan
          JackandJenfan
          Scriptwriter
          JackandJenfan commented
          Editing a comment
          You are missing the point, so I will reiterate - let's agree to disagree.

Do the ratings only go by people watching it on a TV set? Because you can watch it interruption free on NBC.com

Comment

Originally posted by varlena View Post
        They need to stop relying on gimmicks like bringing people back from the dead, and doppelgangers, and do some real stories. I was okay with them bringing Will back but it just gets ridiculous at a certain point.
        Yep. And when characters die, you really can't get invested or really care as a viewer because it's not like they won't just come back in a couple of months.

There was a time when everyone was laid up in the hospital on their deathbed, followed by the same dramatic speech from their loved ones, and then they were saved. That story was done so many times, it was just so hard to care as a viewer. It really lessens the impact and cheapens the stories.

Comment

I have been disappointed with the show for awhile. The time jump made it worse. And as others have commented, too many back from the dead and brain chips. It’s more science fiction than anything. I may keep watching until the already taped episodes finish airing. I knew KM was leaving but I don’t like how the character is being written off.

Comment

With Y&R and B&B showing classics the ratings for this show should be off the chart.

Comment

I don't know about everywhere else but I live in Ky on the WV border. EVERY day for the last 2 months almost the WV Governor breaks in about 10 min into the show for his "daily news conference" Its ridiculous! They finally started airing Days at 2:07 AM but you have to remember to tape it and then watch it. I knew the ratings would not be good. I do agree with the other statements though about the storylines and the payoffs being crap. This baby storyline has been awful. No babies, no couples ….it's a mess. The one good thing I see is that maybe...just maybe the writers have had time to see the veiwers opinions and not that the show is going to catch up and not be 6 months ahead in shooting....they can write some solutions to these issues and give us what we want.

Comment

• turtlesturtles
                turtlesturtles
                Board Regular
                turtlesturtles commented
                Editing a comment
                My DVR picks up the show automatically as long the listing says Days of our lives, so I don't have to remember to record it.

I always hate to see ratings drop, but the show is a disaster. I've had one foot out the door for a long time myself. The entire baby switch story is one of the reasons. Bristen is another. Brady behaving the way he does. Insufferable Sarah who is only tolerable with Xander and they totally blew that one up in an attempt to make that evil woman Kristen look better. Failed, by the way. Lani letting Gabi make her a victim in the dumbest blackmail scheme in years followed by being hailed as a hero when saving Julie isn't even why she did it (you can kill the old woman but don't you dare touch my man! - to paraphrase), in all leading me to loathe Lani and be disappointed in Eli crawling back to her, is another reason. In fact, the Horton writing in general is a big part of the reason. Precious Abigail who can do no wrong, the hypocrisy, the lies, enough high horses to run the Kentucky Derby above the clouds. Then we have Rafe and my desperate hopes that he does not keep David, especially as scenes with the two have approached creepy levels. And he has the audacity to trash other families when the only one in his entire family without a list of serious crimes is his mother. But of course they had Evan accidentally kill Jordan after she provoked him which came after multiple murder attempts of her own. So sweet innocent Jordan died and Evan is a total monster - just ask Ben and Ciara. They'll tell you all about it. Apparently being someone's victim makes you their champion now. Stevano and Gina were horrific and the guilt trips for Steve and Hope are worse. Justin and Kayla hooking up as fast as they could wasn't pleasant either. Then there's things like the sets. The DiMera mansion has been crammed into that little back room where they had the audacity to claim was the portrait's rightful spot. It's not even the right room. And the Horton living room is just gone. I guess it's been tossed in a pile with the kitchen that no longer bakes the famous Horton donuts. That's another thing - they pick and choose when to utilize history but half the time they use it wrong because it's a tool to them, not a story. And I've seriously had it with extended flashbacks to something that happened yesterday. I don't need a character to gaze off and give me 5 uninterrupted minutes of what happened 24 hours ago.

There is so little to look forward to. I'm not sure if it's loyalty or some kind of desperate dying hope that keeps me tuning in. But right now should be a time for ratings to increase. The writers repeatedly miss the mark and it takes over half a year to correct course because they film so far in advance. Yet that advance filming means there's new episodes every day and more people are at home to watch them. But even with the increased time and opportunity in lockdown, they're still not watching. Because the writers aren't writing what people want to see. We tell them, they don't listen.

Comment

• ShermanTank
                ShermanTank
                Board Regular
                ShermanTank commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow you nailed that perfectly!! There is not a single story that is holding my interest right now. I was looking forward to Steffen coming back but even that has lost its magic because of the way they are writing Gabi. The baby thing was interesting for a minute but it drug out way too long. I cant stand Bristen... Sorry I just cant back a couple with a keepaman rape baby. Its too gross. The Steveno and Gina story was so dumb.... Rafe and the baby was stupid from the start. You are not related Rafe give it up. I think Im holding on because new stories should be starting hopefully soon. We will see how that goes.

I haven't watched in several weeks. Haven't seen anything coming up that would entice me back.

Comment

I skip most of the show because the writing is so bad and lazy.

Comment

The biggest problem is the amount of interruptions during Days. It’s out of control. They need to publish the online ratings, which are a lot more accurate than the Nielsen ratings. I’ve watched Days on the nbc app almost every day for two months because of these interruptions. The ratings are inaccurate to being with. Then on top of that they only show Live + same day airings. What about those who watch a few days later?

Comment

• Chabby lover
                    Chabby lover
                    Contract Poster
                    Chabby lover commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree it is the amount of interruptions on days. I also think it could be because some people don't watch when the people they like are not on. I watch because I like the show no matter what and out of habit. But I also know that I hate watching when Gabi or boring Ciara and Ben are on. Even though I still do it.

• varlena
                    varlena
                    Executive Poster
                    varlena commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I only watch online so no interruptions for me. I assume you're talking about "breaking news" stuff.

• Carlys #1 Fan
                    Carlys #1 Fan
                    Contract Poster
                    Carlys #1 Fan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    varlena
                    Executive Poster
                    varlena yea the “breaking news” of politicians repeating the same things they have been for weeks without and real late breaking updates. The “breaking news” of politicians campaigning for themselves by pretending they have everything under control.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X