• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiff5555
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

The Future of Days Taping.....

It looks like the Supervisors met with the Board in Los Angeles, and looks like they are going to extend 3 more months of Stay At Home Order. Which means, Days may not be taping for the next three months. I am thinking, because Jason47 hinted somewhere else, that Days would get some old episodes on. Probably now, Days is going to have too.
  • kahinamah
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Sep 2019

I wonder what NBC is going to decide, because Days is 6 months ahead. Broadcast until the last episode shot, or stop before.

Comment

• SheilaFan32
      Senior Board Member
      • Oct 2017

Exactly Kahinamah. I read that days of our lives would be new until at least November.

Comment

• knotsfan
        Senior Board Member
        • May 2017

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
        It looks like the Supervisors met with the Board in Los Angeles, and looks like they are going to extend 3 more months of Stay At Home Order. Which means, Days may not be taping for the next three months. I am thinking, because Jason47 hinted somewhere else, that Days would get some old episodes on. Probably now, Days is going to have too.
        Thanks for the update!

Comment

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          You are welcome! Just read it's thru July. I thought it was September....
      • tiff5555
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jul 2007

Read from Yahoo, that Los Angeles extended thru July. I don't know what's going to happen with how that town is going to reopen. My state is somewhat going thru stages...and it's extended thru June 6 or 13.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
          Soap Addict
          • Jul 2018

Someone on Twitter who works in the entertainment business posted:
          It’s believed many productions will not recommence in LA until the fall.”
          Insiders say smaller movies & TV sitcoms/shows will be the 1st productions to resume, given they present less of health/safety hazards.”
          Shoot different angles to make actors appear closer on set.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
            Soap Addict
            • Jul 2018

Soaps in Australia are using large sets to film scenes and to practice social distancing so there's not as many people working on set at a given time.

Comment

• Jason47
              Contract Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
              I had mentioned the possibility of repeats because they have 13 preemptions that have to be filled in May, June, July and August. If they don't fill with 13 repeats, then you'd eventually have (when production resumes) all of the major holidays airing 3 weeks early. They have not taped Christmas or New Year's Eve yet, but have written those episodes already. If the 13 repeats aren't inserted, then those episodes will end up airing much earlier in December.

In regards to episodes running out, as I posted in another thread today, if Days moves the episodes up and airs new episodes on a daily basis, they will run out of episodes around October 1. If they insert 13 repeats, then that would put them on with new episodes through around October 20.

Comment

• CADY
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jun 2012

I seriously doubt that any soaps will begin production until their is a vaccine for this horrible virus.

Comment

• Chris
                  Chris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I seriously doubt that any show is going to suspend production for up to two years...so we'll see how things are handled, but no, they can't possibly go that long.

• ClassyIrishLass
                  ClassyIrishLass commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So if ones refuse to get it, they are out? No government should be making any vaccine mandatory for citizens. Nope.

• tiff5555
                  tiff5555 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If California does not open up, eventually yeah, Days won't be able to tape because there are not essential workers This is right now happening where I live too. Can't go strolling on 6th Ave to Chick-A-Fil when they are not allowing people to order and eat there. Can't go to Macys either....
              • LoveBO
                Executive Poster
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by CADY View Post
                I seriously doubt that any soaps will begin production until their is a vaccine for this horrible virus.
                I agree with this. This is our new normal.

Comment

• varlena
                  Soap Addict
                  • Oct 2014

They have to keep broadcasting. Otherwise us viewers will have nothing to look forward to during their lockdown.

Comment

• Tonilove
                    Contract Poster
                    • Jul 2006

I hope this shortens the time between taping and broadcast for Days. If they can adapt a 5-6 week schedule like other soaps it'll allow them to be more agile to respond to what clicks with the viewers and what doesn't. That way we won't get more errors like killing Stefan, which the writers have now admitted was a mistake based on the viewers response.

Comment

• tiff5555
                      tiff5555 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It might help, but in the long run, Days usually goes on their ideas for the characters. I don't think too, that they have a way out of this, unless Days decides to keep reruns until Days get new episodes. Right now Days is on a tight budget.
                  • Thaaos
                    Scriptwriter
                    • Oct 2005

the future of taping doesn't matter as long as NBC BLOCKS us from seeing it on TV

Comment

• JackandJenfan
                      JackandJenfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good thing that it's not NBC that blocks you.

• tiff5555
                      tiff5555 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is what I said, the future is NBC App or The Peacock Streaming Services. If you have On Demand from your cable provider, you can watch the episodes.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X