• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Troy44
    Board Regular
    • Aug 2014

I loved How protective Kate was of GabiI know

I realize that Kate can be more then a bit, shall we say... fickle when it comes to her loyalties. Her involvement in the "Stevano"/Princess Gina mess provides more then amble evidence of that. But still I loved that the subtext of her conversation with Jake was "mess with Gabi, and you'll be dealing with me. Sure, Kate finds Gabi's tendency to blow her own life up in the most spectacular of ways to be more then exasperating. Sure, if Gabi and Kate were on opposite sides in a business deal they both would be wise to watch their backs. But despite all that, I think it's clear that Kate loves Gabi. I don't think she would bnecessarily admit that to Gabi's face, but she does nonetheless.

I find it interesting and telling that no matter what craziness my Gabi seems find herself in, that three of the people who never turn their backs on her; Will, Sonny and Kate, were also there during the Nick Fallon era. Somehow I don't think that's a coincidence.
    Last edited by Troy44; May 11, 2020, 06:04 PM.
  • kahinamah
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Sep 2019

I also like, this relationship is really beautiful, like friends, but also mother / daughter.
    It is said that the real people who love us are few but important, long live quality, not quantity.
    Gabi's ties to Will, Sony, Kate are sincere, magnificent

Comment

• Flowercity79
      Soap Addict
      • Oct 2017

I loved this as well! I loved how protective she was of Gabi and stood up for her.

Comment

• knotsfan
        Senior Board Member
        • May 2017

Kate : "He was her world, so when she lost him, her world was shattered."

I so wanted Kate to add: "Fortunately, a few days after Stefan died, Gabi was able to break up Lani and Eli and start sleeping with him."

Comment

• knotsfan
          knotsfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course Gabi isn't the only one who's moved on a day after their spouse died- if Kate says the same thing to Adrienne when she inevitably returns, I'll laugh at that, too. In this case, it's also funny.

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          Would be great if Gabi says, "Lani slept with all of my men! Stefan included if I am not around!". Let's be honest, Lani isn't that sunflower looking lovely, but more like she wanted Rafe, kissed him later as well. Took away JJ from Gabi. Lied to Eli of what she saw too, with Gabi and JJ. Oh yeah, cornered Shawn for sex too. I wouldn't trust Lani if my life depended on her! She shot Stefan without thinking!

• knotsfan
          knotsfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't argue with the fact that Lani shot Stefan without thinking- police officers are trained to react immediately when someone pulls a gun and points it at them! Seems to me Stefan also wasn't thinking, jumping in the path of a bullet. Yes, Lani did kiss Rafe- he turned her down and that was that. She didn't try to trick him, she didn't make a bet with anyone that she could seduce him, and she didn't pursue it. Lani didn't lie to Eli about Gabi and JJ- she misinterpreted what she saw, but she didn't lie. They DID get in bed together.
      • ALoyalSoapFan
        Soap Addict
        • Sep 2016

I find it interesting and telling that no matter what craziness my Gabi seems find herself in, that three of the people who never turn their backs on her; Will, Sonny and Kate, were also there during the Nick Fallon era. Somehow I don't think that's a coincidence.
        ICAM! Although, she's not in Salem and pops in once in awhile, I'd add Samantha Gene!

I won't watch, until later, I'm happy knowing Kate warned State that if he
        "mess with Gabi, and you'll be dealing with me.

Comment

• Fancy863
          Board Regular
          • Aug 2019

Kate cares about Gabi as long as Gabi doesn’t have a man or job that she wants then the real Kate shows her true colors.

Comment

• Liz188
            Day Player
            • Aug 2019

It was very nice to finally see someone have “Jake” see Gabi in a different light. If Jake is Stefan, then I hope this makes him understand why Gabi cares for Kate so much.

Comment

• pnorbert2222
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Fancy863 View Post
              Kate cares about Gabi as long as Gabi doesn’t have a man or job that she wants then the real Kate shows her true colors.
              so exactly like Gabi then?

Comment

• Fancy863
                Fancy863 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah exactly like her unfortunately.

• Mewt
                Mewt commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. Two peas in a pod.
            • ckg1
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ALoyalSoapFan View Post
              ICAM! Although, she's not in Salem and pops in once in awhile, I'd add Samantha Gene!

I won't watch, until later, I'm happy knowing Kate warned State that if he
              Yes Loyal, Kate is still protective of our Gabriella especially when Gabi needs it the most! Won’t try to spoil it much till you watch! All the other times, Kate has been on and off with Gabi over DE business or insufferable Chabby, etc. But this is the one time Kate stepped up to help because Gabriella when she needs to know about her husband, with Jake looking like the love of Gabriella’s life! I’m enjoying Kate lately with Abe scenes and now with Stake!

Comment

• ALoyalSoapFan
                Soap Addict
                • Sep 2016

Originally posted by ckg1 View Post

Yes Loyal, Kate is still protective of our Gabriella especially when Gabi needs it the most! Won’t try to spoil it much till you watch! All the other times, Kate has been on and off with Gabi over DE business or insufferable Chabby, etc. But this is the one time Kate stepped up to help because Gabriella when she needs to know about her husband, with Jake looking like the love of Gabriella’s life! I’m enjoying Kate lately with Abe scenes and now with Stake!
                ckg1 I just watched! ICAM! Kate was in full Mama Bear protective mode! Stake has been put on notice! Too bad, Nick isn't around to tell him how protective and supportive Kate (and Samantha Gene) are of Gabriella! I'd love to see/hear Kate apologizing to Gabriella for believing she was hallucinating bc she, too, saw Stefan, I mean, Jake, I mean some man with Stefan's face!
                I’m enjoying Kate lately with Abe scenes and now with Stake!
                TBH, I've always enjoyed Kate, when she's not in the unspeakable orbits!

Comment

• ckg1
                  ckg1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL! Watch out Stake, his world is about to be rocked!!?? Those two make the most gorgeous pairing and irresistible to each other and Kate knows it! Jake better accept it! Everyone knows it and Jake is shook! I remember when Kate was in that obnoxious pairing’s orbit for annoying plot purposes as you reminded us Loyal, but today Kate seemed to be in a better place and supporting Gabriella. I want more Kate and Gabriella again! Add Samantha Gene and that’s all we need!!

• kahinamah
                  kahinamah commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You said it all. I like this protective side of Kate, the relationship that Gabi has with Kate, Sonny, will, and Samantha.

• ALoyalSoapFan
                  ALoyalSoapFan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ditto ckg1 & kahinamah I love/adore/admire Gabriella true, supportive, loving and protective friendship/bond she has with Kate, Samantha Gene and Wilson! They will always give her tough love and will never coddle her and tell her it's not your fault, it's someone else's fault! Yesterday proved how protective Kate is of Gabriella, when she put Stake on notice!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X