Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or is Marlena being more or a beeotch than usual?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or is Marlena being more or a beeotch than usual?

She’s never been a great friend to other women (except Kate) but the way she is going after Hope is just extra.

Hope and Marlena used to be close, but too much water under the bridge. Given Hope's behavior towards Marlena, I can't blame Marlena for her feelings.

Comment

Someday someone will tell her, or show her, how to butt out. She wasn't as big a b**** today as I expected, but it's in her.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985
      Senior Board Member
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      She was horrible. I think she wants to turn Kayla against Hope too.

• dee2
      dee2
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kayla is in such denial and confusion that she has to be careful or she will become too much like
      Marlena.

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985
      Senior Board Member
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      dee2: Yes and that's why I truly don't want her talking to Marlena. When Marlena stops being witchy to Hope the it will be fine.

Marlena hates Hope even when she knows that Princess Gina was in control. Maybe she is skeptical that it is really Hope.

Fix it to say Marlena rather than Hope!
    Abby_fan
    Last edited by Abby_fan; May 7, 2020, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985
      Senior Board Member
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      That doesn't make sense. Hope hates herself out of a huge sense of guilt. Marlena is just being cold hearted. I hope that either John sees it or Steve says something because it's cruel.

• Abby_fan
      Abby_fan
      Abby_fan commented
      Editing a comment
      I meant to say Marlena. I need to take a nap. Lol I will fix it. But Hope seems very upset with herself as well.
      Harmonica1985
      Senior Board Member
      Harmonica1985 Sorry for the mishap. Thanks for pointing it out for me.🙂☺️

I think it appears she is nastier because she can't move her facial muscles. She has a perpetual snooty look that she can't change

Comment

• RoidRage
      RoidRage
      Board Regular
      RoidRage commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s that face that Clyde Weston said she looks like she was smelling something foul even when she is smiling. Now that’s a sick burn!

I think one thing that bothers Marlena is that Bo is no longer with Hope. No matter what ever happened Marlena knew
    that Hope's heart was with Bo. Now, since Hope has two marriages behind her, I think Marlena may feel that Hope is
    looking around for the right someone and since Marlena probably also thinks there may be an after effect of Gina, that
    makes her more insecure.

She still comes across as though her being a psychiatrist puts her above all others, except Kate of course, lol.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985
      Senior Board Member
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be silly. Hope has shown no romantic interest in anyone since her divorce from Rsfe. If Marlene has t hat much insecurity then she and John should have a long talk. She forgives Steve and says he wasn't in his right mind but acts this way towards Hope?

• dee2
      dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is my opinion. I don't think it is at all silly. In the past Marlena was much more understanding of
      Hope, because no matter what, she knew, and said, that Hope and Bo belonged together. Hope has no one
      she belongs with now. That's bound to give Marlena pause, especially with Hope recently being Gina.

Try not to be so rude.
      dee2
      Last edited by dee2; May 7, 2020, 06:13 PM.

I have to step in here. Logically Marlena knows Hope did all those things as Princess Gina but you have to remember..when Hope was Princess Gina in the past she seduced John with submarine sex (I think it was on one of John & Marlena's honeymoons). Hope got pregnant and everyone literally thought the kid was John's. There's a LOT of history here and I think Marlena is just over it all.

Comment

• shome
      shome
      Scriptwriter
      shome commented
      Editing a comment
      They ran a contest about Hopes baby. At the the time the show wouldn't let viewers pick Bo as the daddy. They had to choose either John or Stefano. John won.

I remember when Hope put her life on the line to save Marlena from Orpheus in Stockholm. The writers aren't doing Marlena any favors with this holier than thou attitude.

Comment

I think Hope should remind Marlena of that time she was possessed by the devil. Let she who is without an evil entity possessing their body cast the first stone.

Comment

dee2
        dee2, I think you are right. If Bo was around Marlena wouldn't be concerned. Also, Marlena went through the chip thing for about five minutes. I think she doesn't want to say anything, but she feels it could happen again just like that. Now they got Abby being drugged and they don't know how or who.

Comment

• dee2
          dee2
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think so. Hope is sort of floundering now, her life having been upset not only by being turned into Gina for so long, but by her divorce.
          I think all of that makes Marlena uncomfortable. She could always be haughty, but it seems to have been taken to a new level.

Originally posted by *80's days fan View Post
        I remember when Hope put her life on the line to save Marlena from Orpheus in Stockholm. The writers aren't doing Marlena any favors with this holier than thou attitude.
        Then you had Hope recently within the last two years:

Get angry at Marlena for having professional ethics and not lying about Ben like she wanted. And complain about it to Kayla.

Look upset that Marlena survived the shooting and DNR request.

But somehow Marlena is the witch? Pfft. She forgave Hope.

Comment

Let's face it, Marlena has needed some layers to her personality for some time. I like that she's being written as, well, human. She's not perfect anymore, she's like the rest of us . . . finally.

Comment

• dee2
            dee2
            dee2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Her actions don't show that, IMO. It seems that the years of giving advice to people, whether solicited or not, has truly made her value
            herself as above others.

Originally posted by pnorbert2222 View Post
          I think Hope should remind Marlena of that time she was possessed by the devil. Let she who is without an evil entity possessing their body cast the first stone.
          Also, Stevano put a chip in Marlena's head, and if I remember correctly she's been mind controlled other times.

Comment

Originally posted by TV Man View Post
            Let's face it, Marlena has needed some layers to her personality for some time. I like that she's being written as, well, human. She's not perfect anymore, she's like the rest of us . . . finally.
            I don't think Marlena was ever written as perfect. She always put John above her own kids, played favorites with Sami and Belle (and Carrie), and her conference table romp with John while married to Roman traumatized Sami for life. Also, IIRC, she cheated on John with Roman and became pregnant, but lost the baby.

What bothered me about her scenes with Kayla was that she seemed to want Kayla to be upset about Hope and Steve. Kayla didn't ask for her advice, but she practically told Kayla that she should be upset about Steve's new living arrangement. I found that very odd.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X