Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xander and Maggie

I always enjoy their scenes, and I think because it’s unexpected. They’re not really friends, so I don’t know what to call them, but there’s a sweet onscreen chemistry between them.

I appreciated how Xander was reluctant to tell Maggie about Sarah, but when he did, he did it gradually and as gently as possible.

I hate their scenes. They're cloying.

Comment

Agree, OP. And I do think it's because the scenes are "unexpected," as you put it.

It's easier for me to believe Xander has a "good" side when I see him around Maggie than with Sarah. I believe he loves Sarah, but because of that he has a vested interest in being good around her, trying to make her believe he's changed.

With Maggie I think he really just cares about her.

Comment

They’re one of my favorite duo acting partners as well. There’s a touching dynamic of vulnerability and understanding between them. I’ve loved them since Xander got her to open up about her drinking and he told her about his own mother that struggled with the same demons.

What really got to me in their scenes today was Maggie pleading with him to tell her—that it would be better if she heard it from him. ...And Xander sadly admitting that he didn’t know if he had it within him to tell her. But as you said, he approached it gradually and as gently as possible. .,.And it will be soooo much worse tomorrow. I’m ready.

Comment

I love their scene. I love their relationship, he really cares for her.

Comment

I like their scenes too. Maggie tries to help the birds with broken wings. Lucas, Eric, Brady...she tries to give people a chance when everyone else in Salem writes them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrgirlfish View Post
            They’re one of my favorite duo acting partners as well. There’s a touching dynamic of vulnerability and understanding between them. I’ve loved them since Xander got her to open up about her drinking and he told her about his own mother that struggled with the same demons.

What really got to me in their scenes today was Maggie pleading with him to tell her—that it would be better if she heard it from him. ...And Xander sadly admitting that he didn’t know if he had it within him to tell her. But as you said, he approached it gradually and as gently as possible. .,.And it will be soooo much worse tomorrow. I’m ready.
            It kinda sucks Maggie was the truest connection he had in town. Sara loved Xander but you could tell she was on the rebound. Victor uses him when he's convenient. Maggie genuinely liked Xander and believed in his potential.

Comment

I really like their relationship as well. Xander is a different person around her - he really cares for her.

Comment

I like to think that Maggie is the mother figure that Xander wanted. That she makes him want to be good. He has certainly changed from their earlier days when he couldn't care less about her, to today where he tries to be delicate in how he shares news, knowing that it would crush her. Like Will, I think Xander is the only other one who can approach certain conversations.

Comment

I love their scenes as it reminds me of Roger and Maureen on Guiding Light and Zach and Myrtle on All My Children. The bad guy who no one wants to be around has respect for a woman who calls him on his crap.

Comment

I absolutely love Xaggie! I love their relationship and how vulnerable he is with her. He genuinely cares for her and it pains him to thinknshe will suffer knowning she is the cause of her grandchild's death

Comment

Xander has really tried to change for the good side of life, instead of some uncaring oaf..I have always liked the guy... I just wish Sarah could see what he did was for her, to keep her from pain..he didn't care if Kristen was in pain.. she deserves it and she sure as heck don't deserve to be a mother to a child the woman is a loose cannon... When she told Brady I will finish him off.. that is some serious Warning signs, Brady needs to come clean let her go pay for her crime.. I cant stand her..

But Xander I hope ends well for him and Sarah... I like them as a couple... I do I know many hate him... but I like how he is with Sarah... and Maggie.. he really loves Maggie.. and he is damned if does and damned if he don't.... I hope Sarah will call him for help... she sure needs it... But Maggie and Xander can really pull off those scenes.. they are great...
                      J_Sam
                      Senior Board Member
                      Last edited by J_Sam; May 6, 2020, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Maggie is the opposite of Julie, kind, human, gentle, non-judgmental, compassionate, gives everyone a chance, she is neither arrogant, nor haughty.

Comment

I'm not sure whether he didn't want to tell her because he didn't want to hurt her - or he didn't want her to know his part in the crime. Either way, their acting is good.

Comment

They are darling together.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X