• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoveBO
    Executive Poster
    • Jun 2012

Kate Mansi is killing these scenes!!!

I've watched them FIVE time already. Wow! Incredible.
  • JackandJenfan
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2018

She's been slaying this material.

Comment

• kahinamah
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Sep 2019

She was amazing

Comment

• Brenda4ev
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Aug 2010

You could feel her terror and fear.

The scene when she was sedated was so sad. I can't believe she was attacking Chad. Then they way he was kissing her hair and mumbling it will all be alright... Billy is also doing an amazing job. You can just feel how much Chad loves Abby.

Comment

• Ammalie02
          Recurring Poster
          • Jan 2020

I completely agree! I was so caught up in those scenes! Such emotion.

Comment

• tiff5555
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jul 2007

I believe Abby is afraid of treatment. I personally feel she should get it. I don't feel that Grandma Laura treated her properly.

Comment

• provocative
              provocative commented
              Editing a comment
              She's literally at the hospital so she can be treated if necessary....

• tiff5555
              tiff5555 commented
              Editing a comment
              Abby I think, basing from the soaps than real life, may need 6 months of treatment.

• Abby_fan
              Abby_fan commented
              Editing a comment
              She is going to get six months and Chad will be right by her side being the devoted husband he is.
          • LoveBO
            Executive Poster
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Brenda4ev View Post
            You could feel her terror and fear.

The scene when she was sedated was so sad. I can't believe she was attacking Chad. Then they way he was kissing her hair and mumbling it will all be alright... Billy is also doing an amazing job. You can just feel how much Chad loves Abby.
            She was just so..... Real. And Raw. YOU RAPED ME! And the way she was fighting Chad one minute, and screaming his name the next. Wow.

Yeah, Billy was so good too.

Comment

• dee2
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Dec 2015

Her scenes were very well done. As Chad was holding her I thought, there's no way he is the cause of this. However,
              that would make it even more shocking, if he is irresponsible.
              ​​​​

Comment

• provocative
                Board Regular
                • Feb 2010

She was great! She's so good at portraying terror and mania at the same time and I love that she doesn't shy away from the physicality of her scenes. She was fully throwing herself at BF. Loved those scenes; especially the last one when Abby is still terrified and Chad is anguished too because he doesn't know what to do

Comment

• Fancy863
                  Board Regular
                  • Aug 2019

We can always count on her to bring her all to every scene, another great performance!

Comment

• backheidi
                    Scriptwriter
                    • Jan 2008

Kate and Billy are both killing it!! Kate is so good you can feel the fear she is going through!!! I have to say the production and direction of her hallucinations has been well done!!

Comment

• dee2
                      dee2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very well done.
                  • LoveBO
                    Executive Poster
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by backheidi View Post
                    Kate and Billy are both killing it!! Kate is so good you can feel the fear she is going through!!! I have to say the production and direction of her hallucinations has been well done!!
                    I have to agree about the production/direction today. So so so good!

Comment

• LukeIsDaMan
                      Executive Poster
                      • Mar 2006

I love that Abby is still hallucinating even after the drugs are out of her system. ??

Comment

• tiff5555
                        tiff5555 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        To me, I feel that Abby is sick and probably will not recover. Hopefully basing from a soap life, 6 months of treatment.

• LukeIsDaMan
                        LukeIsDaMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agree...at least 6 months would be better than 2 weeks for sure.
                    • Brenda4ev
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by LoveBO View Post

She was just so..... Real. And Raw. YOU RAPED ME! And the way she was fighting Chad one minute, and screaming his name the next. Wow.

Yeah, Billy was so good too.
                      Yep! This is what these two are capable of and the show had just been giving them nonstop fluff instead of a truly compelling and rich story. And I'm not going it evoke any name, but they are so much better away from certain characters and being able to do their own thing. Certain interactions drag their scenes down.

The brainwashing story was okay and now this drugging story is allowing KM and BF to really dig their teeth into these scenes. It's so intense and heartbreaking.

Like I said before, they should be getting emotional,character-driven stories that resonate. Give Chad a terminal illness (and miracle cure at the last minute), have Abby follow a dangerous story that makes Chad get into investigating with her (there was a fun moment when they were looking into the Stevano mystery and sleuthing together) or Beca Drags came up with a brilliant idea of a high risk pregnancy for Abby, when they both have to make a difficult choice. So much the writers could've done... instead of petty drama with a petty character, too much business stories and Chad talking to a laptop 24/7.

Comment

• Brenda4ev
                        Brenda4ev commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They are MUCH more interesting away from that nuisance, having to cater to her and prop her so she had a story.

As we can see today, Chabby can carry heavy material and knock it out of the park. Please, give them better stories and have them interact with other characters... I'd love to see them in a story with Jack and Jennifer or befriending Elani.

• tiff5555
                        tiff5555 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        With her illness, how can she handle all of her children?

• Abby_fan
                        Abby_fan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Once she spend six months in therapy tiff5555 she will be ready to handle all her children. Lol ?
                    • LadyCanuck
                      Contract Poster
                      • Dec 2014

I take for granted how well KM handles this material. Even though this seems to stem from the hallucinogens, it's sad to see Abby and Chad go down this road again. I still think there's something off about Chad. Maybe I'm way off, but even the dialogue had Abby telling him he was stressing her out just before another onset of hallucinations.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X