• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thaaos
    Scriptwriter
    • Oct 2005

streaming video or live discussion

i say instead of live discussion there should be streaming video of the episodes that can be watched here anytime
  • tiff5555
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

That would be awesome and maybe a future thing to do

Comment

• Thaaos
      Scriptwriter
      • Oct 2005

yea we need streaming videos of episodes here

Comment

• JackandJenfan
        JackandJenfan commented
        Editing a comment
        tiff5555 Read Eric's post below. He states facts that you are missing.

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        JackandJenfan I read his, soo what is your point in this??? The OP had a wonderful idea for the show to stream here, just in case people missed it or does not have to download the App to watch.

• JackandJenfan
        JackandJenfan commented
        Editing a comment
        tiff5555 My point is regarding the fees and licencing that goes with streaming. Do you really want to pay for this message board? I don't. Streaming on this site is not necessary. You can watch it in other ways. The OP's idea is unreasonable.
        Last edited by JackandJenfan; May 4, 2020, 08:00 AM.
    • ericw808
      Senior Board Member
      • Dec 2011

First, while that sounds great, livestreaming Days on a website is neither feasible nor realistic. Days airs on NBC first because of commercial fees. Days doesn't appear on nbc.com, the app or iTunes until the next day for this reason.

Second, SoapCentral would have to pay a substantial fee to make livestreaming happen. NBC isn't just going to give it away. NBC needs the licensing fees and the commercial revenue to pay Sony - and all the actors, producers, writers, behind the scenes folks, rent for the Burbank Studios.

Comment

• Thaaos
        Scriptwriter
        • Oct 2005

all i hear is reasons not to do something. it's time to do something for a change and replace live discussion with live video

Comment

• lsm
          Board Regular
          • Nov 2015

OP, previously you have been consistent about not being willing to watch the show on a computer or any device other than a television. Now suddenly you're willing to watch if streamed on this site, but not on NBC.com?
          Last edited by lsm; May 4, 2020, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Thaaos
            Scriptwriter
            • Oct 2005

i don't watch days on nbc.com but i'm tired of reading about days in the moment when days is being interrupted by news in the moment. it's time for change. nbc.com doesn't let download eps or download eps for free. i want nothing to do with nbc dot stupid. here is different. change starts putting videos of days eps here to always watch and download for free

Comment

• JackandJenfan
              JackandJenfan commented
              Editing a comment
              It's not possible to stream episodes on this site. ? Licencing fees and all that jazz. See Eric's post above. Why do you need to download episodes anyway? Unnecessary. And PS: Were SC to get rights to the episodes ( never in a million years), they will most likely end up charging for the board to cover the high cost. So, yeah it won't be free. Want to download it, pay for it on ITunes then.

• tiff5555
              tiff5555 commented
              Editing a comment
              JackandJenfan Days is already free! Download NBC App to the Tablet or Smartphone, and watch Days there! No need to pay money to iTunes unless over there, unless there is no commercials. Pretty soon I think Days will be on The Peacock Streaming Services that should have launched back in April. The offical date is July, I guess we will see what happens with this platform.

• JackandJenfan
              JackandJenfan commented
              Editing a comment
              tiff5555 I watch live or on the nbc.com. I don't pay for it. You are missing the point. Thaaos wants to download it, so I told him to pay for the episodes on Itunes. I'll never pay when I can watch something for free.
          • TV Man
            Senior Board Member
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ericw808 View Post
            First, while that sounds great, livestreaming Days on a website is neither feasible nor realistic. Days airs on NBC first because of commercial fees. Days doesn't appear on nbc.com, the app or iTunes until the next day for this reason.

Second, SoapCentral would have to pay a substantial fee to make livestreaming happen. NBC isn't just going to give it away. NBC needs the licensing fees and the commercial revenue to pay Sony - and all the actors, producers, writers, behind the scenes folks, rent for the Burbank Studios.
            "Days" does in fact appear on nbc.com the day of the original broadcast. It's usually available right after 7:00 CST Monday through Friday.

Comment

• ericw808
              ericw808 commented
              Editing a comment
              @TVMan You are correct. I should have stated that Days appears On Demand the following day.
          • tiff5555
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Thaaos View Post
            all i hear is reasons not to do something. it's time to do something for a change and replace live discussion with live video
            I was just thinking of what you said And yeah, this is what you meant all along! I strongly agree with this! It would be a win win situation. Something I'm the future to do, I guess. They can do it now, but they have not thought up, like you did!

Comment

• lsm
              lsm commented
              Editing a comment
              Thaaos' idea would be brilliant if NBC gave away rights to their programming, but they don't. You offering to fund the acquisition of these rights for Soap Central?

• JackandJenfan
              JackandJenfan commented
              Editing a comment
              Thaaos' idea is far from brilliant. It's stupid, illogical, and lacks knowledge of rights. You want to pay to go on this board? Really? After years of it being free. You want to pay just so one person can download the show illegally instead of watching in countless other ways.

• tiff5555
              tiff5555 commented
              Editing a comment
              People have taped Days and put it on YouTube years ago before Sony or Days had the rights to take them away. So, this could have been easy idea to do this for SoapCentral (years ago). But like what you guys are saying, the idea of what Thaao gave, hits a snag. I guess NBC App is the way to go.
          • Thaaos
            Scriptwriter
            • Oct 2005

you won't have to pay a dime for videos here. and it hasn't hit a snag. it's about do you care or don't you care about days fans

Comment

• tiff5555
              tiff5555 commented
              Editing a comment
              JackandJenfan It will be Dan who has to pay Sony, I think for them to put it up here. Sony owns Days basically. Ken wants to get out from Sony but can't. Plus, there are budget issues from what I heard.

• JackandJenfan
              JackandJenfan commented
              Editing a comment
              tiff5555 Yay! You are finally understanding the issue with this stupid idea. Woo-hoo.

• tiff5555
              tiff5555 commented
              Editing a comment
              ^ I do understand that, but I also feel it was a great idea from the OP.
          • mckinnb
            Recurring Poster
            • Dec 2015

I've got a suggestion for you, pal - invest 4 or 5 million dollars in the show. Maybe then you'll have some say in when it is aired and interrupted.

Comment

• Thaaos
              Scriptwriter
              • Oct 2005

it's simple. record the show where is uninterrupted and that person uploads the video in a post here daily. it's easy to do and costs nothing to make

Comment

• Beca Drags
                Beca Drags commented
                Editing a comment
                soapcentral has rules, and that is against the rules. Don't know why that's so hard to understand.

• JackandJenfan
                JackandJenfan commented
                Editing a comment
                Or just go to YouTube and find it in there. ?

• tiff5555
                tiff5555 commented
                Editing a comment
                That would be great Thaaos, but Days or Sony will want us to pay. Or want us to download the NBC App to watch for free cuz there are commercials, that makes a revenue for Days...I think...or it might be vice versa. YouTube, Sony will take it off, unless you are paying for YouTube TV, that has connections with Days. I think there is a upgrade with YouTube that is paid, but I think monthly or yearly.
            • tiff5555
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Thaaos View Post
              you won't have to pay a dime for videos here. and it hasn't hit a snag. it's about do you care or don't you care about days fans
              Your idea would have worked years ago before Days or Sony took that away Apparently from what I heard, Days or Sony wants to make a revenue on this soap, if it airs on The Peacock Streaming Services.

Comment

• haygood
                Day Player
                • Oct 2015

the thing about watchin days with on demand, is that you can't zap through the commercials. also, at any given time, on demand does not work. also, if you happen to hit the wrong key, there is no backup button, you have to start the whole process all over.

Comment

• Thaaos
                  Scriptwriter
                  • Oct 2005

if all you care about is revenue you should cancel days today

Comment

• JackandJenfan
                    JackandJenfan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This board is not connected to the show or to NBC or Sony. ? Why should they cancel Days because you refuse to watch it in other ways?

• lsm
                    lsm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Since I have enjoyed Days for many decades I want it to have revenue so that it will continue to be a show that is aired, not a memory of shows from the past.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X