Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here what do I have to know to start watching

I'm a longtime General Hospital fans, having watched from the mid 80's till now. Not sure how I started watching, nobody in my family did. I'm wondering could I possibly start watching another soap? I spend the past 24 hours on YouTube discovering Will and Sonny and falling in love with their story it was better then anything GH has ever done. Sad to find out they are leaving the show but I'd love to watch the ending. What do I need to know to start watching DOOL? Currently watching episode 137 of season 55 from on Demand service on my TV they seem to have about 20 episodes. Weird not knowing any characters or names lol. Something about a switched baby. I'm I crazy to try this lol. I recognize a few actors ๐Ÿ˜š

They have super long flashbacks on every episode so you do not need to know anything.

Comment

Originally posted by varlena View Post
    They have super long flashbacks on every episode so you do not need to know anything.
    Just like GH at the moment lol.

Comment

Welcome! I know it's hard to get into a new soap, but varlena is right -- they have so many flashbacks it will catch you up pretty fast. And I think this show is worth the investment.

Usually in threads like this people will come in and fill you in on their faves and it ends up covering all the bases. But here's a brain dump on the basics. I'll just keep typing and won't shut up as long as I have time (lol), so here goes:

Background: Stefano Dimera was one the main villains since the 1980s. He's dead now but his many children continue to wreak havoc and fight over his "legacy." Victor Kiriakis is the other main baddie since 1985. He's a mobster and has a pile of relatives who hate him, but he's mellowing in his old age lol.

Victor and his nephew, bad-guy Xander, switched the baby. The baby really belonged to Kristen Dimera (a total psycho and Stefano's adopted daughter) and Brady Black (Victor's grandson). But the same night it was born, Maggie (Victor's wife) was driving drunk (at least we think she was) and caused a car accident that killed Victor's nephew's wife Adrienne AND Maggie's granddaughter Mickey who was born on the same night. So Victor and Xander switched the dead baby Mickey with Kristen and Brady's baby Rachel. Kristen and Brady have thought Rachel is dead for almost a year and just found out she's alive. Sarah (whose baby really did die) couldn't handle losing the baby she thought was Mickey all this time. (Eric was the father of her baby from a brief relationship they had, but now Eric is with Nicole, the hero who uncovered the baby switch. But she's also been a hot mess most of her time on the show, lol.)

Ben and Ciara are the hot, charismatic young couple and most people here either love them or hate them. Ben was a serial killer 5 years ago but it was because he was mentally ill, and now he's out of the mental hospital and trying to live a good life and be with Ciara, whose love helped save him. Ciara is Salem royalty, being the daughter of 80s Proto-Supercouple Bo and Hope. Hope just recovered from a year of having had a brain chip implanted in her by the evil Dr. Rolf to make her think she was someone called Princess Gina and it's way too much to go into, but let's just say it was part of Stefano's plans from beyond the grave.

Steve, who was part of 80s Super-Couple "Patch and Kayla," also had a brain chip that made him think he was Stefano for a year. He and "Princess Gina" did all kinds of crap that hurt other people, including trying to break up Uber-Couple John and Marlena, who are basically the prom king and queen of Salem so don't even think about trying to break them up. (Trying to explain John's history would take hours all by itself.) Now that Steve and Hope are both free of their brain chips they've been sharing their sorrows. Steve lost Kayla while he had the chip -- Kayla thought Steve had dumped her, so she got together with Justin Kiriakis (the widower of Adrienne, who died in the car accident). So now the big drama is whether she'll stay with Justin or get back with Steve, the love of her life.

Chad is another one of Stefano's kids. He recently got brainwashed by evil brain-chip Stefano (Steve), but has now recovered. He and his wife Abigail have a long and twisted story. Abigail is another one of Salem royalty, as the daughter of 80s couple Jack and Jen and the great-granddaughter of Tom and Alice Horton, founding cast members and community pillars of this town of sickos. Abigail suffered from mental illness (triggered by her relationship with killer Ben in 2015, and then a huge D.I.D. storyline that dominated 2018) and she and Chad have had a nice run of happy home life recently, but now Abigail is being drugged. We don't know by whom yet.

Stefan (Brandon Barash), yet another one of Stefano's kids, died last year when he jumped in front of a bullet for his mom, evil Vivian. Now, a guy named Jake who looks exactly like him turns out to be working at an auto repair shop, and just gave Ben a job (Ben has a hard time finding jobs because of his whole serial killer past). Stefan was a horrible dude who took advantage of Abigail's D.I.D. to sleep with her and then framed someone else (Gabi) for a crime Abigail had committed (accidentally killing another one of Stefano's kids, Andre), so that he could run away with Abigail. All of that was discovered and then Gabi got revenge on Stefan by making him think he was the father of Abigail's baby for awhile, and then he did something bad to her, and then she did something bad to him, and then they fell in love after a few bouts of hate sex and a sham marriage that Gabi only suggested so she could take Stefan for everything he was worth. So naturally he was the love of Gabi's life and she's going to be surprised to see this Jake who looks just like him.

Don't even try to figure out all the family relationships. You'll get it over time.

Comment

• Laura23
        Laura23
        Contract Poster
        Laura23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Troystar
        Recurring Poster
        Troystar I canโ€™t actually think of link between Xander and Will but Xander Is related to Sonny, Willโ€™s husband. Xander is Victorโ€™s nephew and Sonny is the son of Victorโ€™s nephew Justin.

• CallAboutTheCat
        CallAboutTheCat
        Soap Addict
        CallAboutTheCat commented
        Editing a comment
        Troystar
        Recurring Poster
        Troystar Laura23 is right -- amazingly, Xander and Will aren't related in any way (at least not by blood). Xander is Victor's nephew, so he's a cousin of Justin (and thus of Sonny, Justin's son), a cousin of Brady (Victor's grandson by his now-dead daughter Isabella), and a cousin of Ciara (whose dad Bo was discovered to be secretly fathered by Victor).

• Troystar
        Troystar
        Recurring Poster
        Troystar commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry I meant Sonny not Will, been watching so many past and recent episodes getting confused. Thanks ๐Ÿค—

Oh, and one more thing: In Salem, it's 2021. Big "time jump" story last November fast-forwarded the whole town by a year.

That's why no one in Salem is suffering from COVID-19.

Comment

Wow
      CallAboutTheCat
      Soap Addict
      CallAboutTheCat That was awesome and time consuming! Good for you!

To the OP
      Troystar
      Recurring Poster
      Troystar One thing you should decide, Are you an Abigail fan or a Gabi fan. You must be one or the other!! Just kidding, of course! It is a running theme on this board and the basis for many threads!

Comment

• Troystar
        Troystar
        Recurring Poster
        Troystar commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much. Been catching up on Will Sonny and Paul throught clips trying to piece it together. Is Paul still on the show? So weird how they can have such realistic stories along with chips in someone's brain ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• CallAboutTheCat
        CallAboutTheCat
        Soap Addict
        Editing a comment
        Troystar
        Recurring Poster
        Troystar Paul is not on the show. I'm sad because I loved him -- he was a truly good guy. During a big November sweeps storyline in 2018 (I think), he fell out of a hotel room window while struggling with psycho Kristen Dimera. The accident left him paralyzed below the waist. At that exact time Will recovered his memories of Sonny and wanted to get back with him, but felt bad for abandoning Paul. But Paul ended up finding out that Will wanted to get back with Sonny, and Paul moved off to San Francisco to do physical therapy. That was his exit from the show.

• Troystar
        Troystar
        Recurring Poster
        Troystar commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm caught up to Will Brain tumour story, while trying to watch recent episodes at the same time lol. I liked Paul too, while Willson are endgame IMO, I didn't like Sonny during this time, he kept pushing too much ๐Ÿ˜”

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post
      Welcome! I know it's hard to get into a new soap, but varlena is right -- they have so many flashbacks it will catch you up pretty fast. And I think this show is worth the investment.

Usually in threads like this people will come in and fill you in on their faves and it ends up covering all the bases. But here's a brain dump on the basics. I'll just keep typing and won't shut up as long as I have time (lol), so here goes:

Background: Stefano Dimera was one the main villains since the 1980s. He's dead now but his many children continue to wreak havoc and fight over his "legacy." Victor Kiriakis is the other main baddie since 1985. He's a mobster and has a pile of relatives who hate him, but he's mellowing in his old age lol.

Victor and his nephew, bad-guy Xander, switched the baby. The baby really belonged to Kristen Dimera (a total psycho and Stefano's adopted daughter) and Brady Black (Victor's grandson). But the same night it was born, Maggie (Victor's wife) was driving drunk (at least we think she was) and caused a car accident that killed Victor's nephew's wife Adrienne AND Maggie's granddaughter Mickey who was born on the same night. So Victor and Xander switched the dead baby Mickey with Kristen and Brady's baby Rachel. Kristen and Brady have thought Rachel is dead for almost a year and just found out she's alive. Sarah (whose baby really did die) couldn't handle losing the baby she thought was Mickey all this time. (Eric was the father of her baby from a brief relationship they had, but now Eric is with Nicole, the hero who uncovered the baby switch. But she's also been a hot mess most of her time on the show, lol.)

Ben and Ciara are the hot, charismatic young couple and most people here either love them or hate them. Ben was a serial killer 5 years ago but it was because he was mentally ill, and now he's out of the mental hospital and trying to live a good life and be with Ciara, whose love helped save him. Ciara is Salem royalty, being the daughter of 80s Proto-Supercouple Bo and Hope. Hope just recovered from a year of having had a brain chip implanted in her by the evil Dr. Rolf to make her think she was someone called Princess Gina and it's way too much to go into, but let's just say it was part of Stefano's plans from beyond the grave.

Steve, who was part of 80s Super-Couple "Patch and Kayla," also had a brain chip that made him think he was Stefano for a year. He and "Princess Gina" did all kinds of crap that hurt other people, including trying to break up Uber-Couple John and Marlena, who are basically the prom king and queen of Salem so don't even think about trying to break them up. (Trying to explain John's history would take hours all by itself.) Now that Steve and Hope are both free of their brain chips they've been sharing their sorrows. Steve lost Kayla while he had the chip -- Kayla thought Steve had dumped her, so she got together with Justin Kiriakis (the widower of Adrienne, who died in the car accident). So now the big drama is whether she'll stay with Justin or get back with Steve, the love of her life.

Chad is another one of Stefano's kids. He recently got brainwashed by evil brain-chip Stefano (Steve), but has now recovered. He and his wife Abigail have a long and twisted story. Abigail is another one of Salem royalty, as the daughter of 80s couple Jack and Jen and the great-granddaughter of Tom and Alice Horton, founding cast members and community pillars of this town of sickos. Abigail suffered from mental illness (triggered by her relationship with killer Ben in 2015, and then a huge D.I.D. storyline that dominated 2018) and she and Chad have had a nice run of happy home life recently, but now Abigail is being drugged. We don't know by whom yet.

Stefan (Brandon Barash), yet another one of Stefano's kids, died last year when he jumped in front of a bullet for his mom, evil Vivian. Now, a guy named Jake who looks exactly like him turns out to be working at an auto repair shop, and just gave Ben a job (Ben has a hard time finding jobs because of his whole serial killer past). Stefan was a horrible dude who took advantage of Abigail's D.I.D. to sleep with her and then framed someone else (Gabi) for a crime Abigail had committed (accidentally killing another one of Stefano's kids, Andre), so that he could run away with Abigail. All of that was discovered and then Gabi got revenge on Stefan by making him think he was the father of Abigail's baby for awhile, and then he did something bad to her, and then she did something bad to him, and then they fell in love after a few bouts of hate sex and a sham marriage that Gabi only suggested so she could take Stefan for everything he was worth. So naturally he was the love of Gabi's life and she's going to be surprised to see this Jake who looks just like him.

Don't even try to figure out all the family relationships. You'll get it over time.
      Omg thank you so much. So this is exactly the same baby switch they just did on GH with Wiley lol. Brain chip lol, I will never make fun of GH again lol ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† Stephano is the guy in the portrait?

Just realised it's only a half hour show. I was a bit confused what is Ned Aston Quartermaine doing on the show ๐Ÿ˜‚ and Electra Woman ๐Ÿ˜ฒ..... Kidding

I remember Patch and Kayla, maybe I watched this year's ago, where they not on GH as Stephan Casidine and Katherine Bell?

Can't quite get the family relations. Is Sonny's grandfather still around?

I watched Wiill and Sonny's story up to him coming out, anybody know where I can catch the rest of their years together up to their wedding?

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
        CallAboutTheCat
        Soap Addict
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Stefano is the guy in the portrait. He was great, larger-than-life.
        So many GH alumni on the show. Yes, Patch and Kayla were Stephan and Katherine!
        Sonny's grandfather is NOT around anymore. He was Justin's father (and Victor's brother), who died a long time ago and was never seen on the show.
        I don't know about catching up on Will and Sonny's story but someone else might know!

• Troystar
        Troystar
        Recurring Poster
        Troystar commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait, I just saw the grandfather, the old guy, Xander was just talking to him in a recent episode, am I confusing characters lol.

You can Google on Will Horton & Sonny Kiriakis and there might be their article of their story. Yeah, they are leaving, but they could also be back because the budget to Days is tight.

Comment

Some questions who is the girl with the blond Bob with actor Greg Vaughn? Funny seeing him on here.

is Sami still around? That woman is crazy nut job just got up on how she had Will strangled again to regain his memories.

Ben is one hot guy but wasn't he the guy that strangled Will? ๐Ÿค”

Comment

• Troystar
          Troystar
          Recurring Poster
          Troystar commented
          Editing a comment
          Is Nicole connected to any family on the show?

• dee2
          dee2
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Abe, the mayor, is her brother, Brandon's, father. Her mother was killed in past years and I'm not sure about her father. She isn't a
          character I have followed real closely. Someone will be able to tell you more about her.

• Karen73UK
          Karen73UK
          Contract Poster
          Karen73UK commented
          Editing a comment
          ^Nicoleโ€™s father is also dead. He was shot and killed by Jan Spears back in 2001 after he raped her

Originally posted by Troystar View Post
        Some questions who is the girl with the blond Bob with actor Greg Vaughn? Funny seeing him on here.

is Sami still around? That woman is crazy nut job just got up on how she had Will strangled again to regain his memories.

Ben is one hot guy but wasn't he the guy that strangled Will? ๐Ÿค”
        Sami returns this summer and she wili probabty be bringing danger and mystery along with her as usual.

Ben is back on the show he was let out of Bayview after being there for 2 years he is now dating Ciara Brady , BTW he is a very polarizing character you either like him or you hate him.
        Skins 2008
        Aspiring soap scribe
        Last edited by Skins 2008; May 3, 2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skins 2008 View Post

Sami returns this summer and she wil probablty be bringing danger and mystery along with her as usual

Ben is back on the show he was let out of Bayview after being there for 2 years he is now dating Ciara Brady , BTW he is a very polarizing character you either like him or you hate him.
          So strange watching him strangled and "kill" Will and now me a day later watching him back on the show ๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
            CallAboutTheCat
            Soap Addict
            Editing a comment
            LOL. That's why you can never take it seriously when anyone dies on this show. Half the time they come back in a couple of years.

So strange watching him strangled and "kill" Will and now me a day later watching him back on the show ๐Ÿ˜‚
          Now him and Will are friends after they were cellmates during the time jump Ben was in jail for killing his deranged sister Jordan, Evan killed her and Will in jail for killing Adrienne he didn't do it . Maggie did it she was driving drunk and caused an accident that killed Adrienne and Sarah's baby Mickey.

Comment

Originally posted by Skins 2008 View Post

Now him and Will are friends after they were cellmates during the time jump Ben was in jail for killing his deranged sister Jordan, Evan killed her and Will in jail for killing Adrienne he didn't do it . Maggie did it she was driving drunk and caused an accident that killed Adrienne and Sarah's baby Mickey.
            Friends ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿคฃ, right now up up to Will brain tumor story, while trying to watch recent episodes, it's all blurred into one. When does the time jump happen?

Comment

Friends ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿคฃ, right now up up to Will brain tumor story, while trying to watch recent episodes, it's all blurred into one. When does the time jump happen?
              Happens in November 2019.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X