• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harmonica1985
    Senior Board Member
    • Sep 2019

Steve and Hope's pain

Steve and Hope were both brainwashed again and they did things and hurt people they love so it make complete sense that they are carrying around so much guilt and pain. I just wish those around them could be in their shoes for a minute then those people wouldn't be so quick to blow off their pain and telling them to just get over it.

Thoughts?
  • Mewt
    Executive Poster
    • Mar 2013

I agree. They are both so sensitive to others’ feelings and heartbroken over what they did when they had no control. Kudos to the actors. I went from hating Stevano to feeling absolutely so bad for Steve and his struggles.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes and the fact that no one is truly supporting them Is so wrong. Telling them to just get over it makes me so mad. That's hurting them even more and making their guilt so much worse.
  • Cat women
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Sep 2013

The people they’ve hurt have told them to forgive themselves because they understand they weren’t themselves- —Everyone but Marlena that is.

Everyone else can’t help Hope or Steve, it’s something they have to deal with in their own way.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      They can try to understand the guilt they are feeling instead of just brushing it off as if it's not important. Telling Steve and Hope to just get over it is cruel and dismissive. They both need support and caring not just people dismissing their pain and guilt as not being important.
  • JackandJenfan
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2018

Who told them to forget about it? Their victims told them to forgive themselves. Two completely different things.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Harmonica1985 Why do you keep saying that Hope and Steve are the only ones to understand? I don't get it. Everyone is letting them deal with it. Remember the care that Kayla shown when Steve had amnesia? The only issue Kayla had with Steve now is him making decisions for her. Kayla isn't telling him to get over it. No one is dismissing it.

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      JackandJenfan: To me telling them to simply move on is the height of cruelty and selfishness. They've been controlled for months forced to hurt people they love and they cannot just get over the feeling of bulky overnight as people seem to want them to do. It's clear that Steve and Hope can only count on each other right now. Kayla 's bedside manner has left a lot to be desired. She's more concerned about insecure Justin than Steve who was out through pure torture.
      Last edited by Harmonica1985; April 30, 2020, 06:58 PM.

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Harmonica1985 Now if Kayla wasn't with Justin and rushed back to Steve, I feel you would feel quite differently about your views on Kayla. Kayla has been emotional to and with Steve since he was admitted into the hospital.
  • CADY
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2012

Everyone has sympathy for Hope & Steve. They're having a difficult time forgiving themselves, even though, they had no control over their wrong doings. They need to move on!

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is clearly easier for others to say. It's not so easy for Steve or Hope.

• CADY
      CADY commented
      Editing a comment
      True! Obviously, the guilt they share is the common element, which will draw them closer than just friends. I can definitely see that happening. Kayla is Steve's destiny, but Steve & Hope's friendship will blossom to a temporary romance.
  • dee2
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Dec 2015

They need some time. Then, if they haven't done it, Doug and Julie need to tell them to snap out of it! Seriously, they do need a little time, but too much and viewers
    are going to turn on the characters.

Comment

• July Baby
      July Baby commented
      Editing a comment
      Dee, I agree. I still feel for Steve, but Hope is starting to get on my nerves. (Don't throw rotten tomatoes at me, dee - I know you love Hope - lol). She really annoyed me yesterday when she walked in on Steve and Kayla having a "close" moment and asked, "Am I interrupting? 'Cause if I'm interrupting I can leave." Yes, Hope, you were interrupting - so just say "Sorry", walk out and close the door. That was a beautiful scene between Kayla and Steve, IMHO, and you could see how she still cares for him. Unfortunately, it was ruined by Hope's intrusion, which completely spoiled the mood. JMHO.

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope hasn't annoyed me but I didn't like the way she had to interrupt John and Marlena, being so anxious to help find the baby. Marlena
      is the one who annoyed me, lol. I can get annoyed with Hope, she did have bad timing with Kayla and Steve, but I liked the way Kayla was
      grateful to her and I liked the way Hope gave Kayla's arm a squeeze as she left.

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      dee2 I liked that stuff too. She wants to help Steve because they went through the same thing and they understand the guilt each are feeling. I loved the way she squeezed Kayla on the arm. I think she sees that deep down even though Kayla won't admit it that Kayla is still in love with him even if he has pushed her away. I also seemed to noticed a bit of what seemed like jealousy from Kayla and I loved that too.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X