Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts about today's show

So today's show confirmed a few things for me.

Abby/Jack
    Their conversation was very interesting. This was the closest Abby has ever come to taking real responsibility for what she did to Gabi. Not close enough IMO. She said she struggles to forgive herself for what she did. I don't buy that for a second. The person who was just gloating over Gabi's downfall was not someone struggling to forgive herself. She recently said that Gabi goes after people because her 'feelings got hurt'. Which tells me she still won't take responsibility for what she did. It was Jack who laid out what Abby did. Abby didn't say I did that to Gabi. She said that it happened to Gabi and kept her own name out of it. She's distancing herself from what she did. Also, I noticed she said that she got DID and THEN did what she did to Andre. No, dear. You were sane when you killed Andre. You split some time after that. I'm glad Jack didn't say that what she did was not her fault because she was sick. Instead he said he was sorry that he wasn't there for her, and that makes sense. Good for Jack.

Chad/Gabi/Rafe and the drugging
    So Chad is still a jerkface. But now I'm convinced that Gabi didn't drug Abby. Chad seemed to forget today that one needs proof to arrest someone. And given that Abby has already set Gabi up for a crime she didn't commit, and since Chad seems to think past actions are proof, he should consider the possibility that Abby is setting Gabi up again. If that isn't enough, then neither is his is theory of what happened.

Before Chad even showed up, Rafe was sure Gabi had done something illegal. He didn't even let Gabi speak. Now this, I'm sure, was to lay the red herring so we'd all think that Gabi drugged Abby. I'm now more sure than ever that Gabi didn't drug Abby. I think that Chad is still under the influence of the drugs he was given, and that he drugged Abby, and doesn't remember doing so.

Zoe/Evan
    I haven't decided how I feel about Zoe yet. I want to see her interact with more characters. Evan needs to go and take Orpheus with him.

Jake/Gabi
    Very interesting. Can't wait to see how this plays out. They still have mad chemistry.

I think Gabi and Abby should talk things out. Maybe if Abby you know...apologized...maybe Gabi would mellow out a bit. Of course Gabi is incapable of reciprocating the apology so I guess Abby would be wasting her time.

I really like Zoey. She's the first female character in a loooong time that seems smart. But they haven't paired her with anyone yet. She might end up becoming a psycho or an idiot once we see her love life.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Abby and Gabi should always be antagonistic to one another. That said, I want them out of each other's sl.

I loved Jack today. As always.

Loved Zoey and Evan.

Loved Jarlena with Orpheus. https://twitter.com/i/status/1255652920953102340https://boards.soapcentral.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Comment

• Jj1701
      Jj1701 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hated Jack when he was with Eve. But today I really like him. I want him to be like this always!

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Jj1701 I hated that it was more about Eve than anything else.

What happened with Gabi was karma for what she did to Melanie. What goes around comes around full circle. Melanie didn’t get an apology for almost two years. Gabi isn’t special.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you talking about?

I couldn't have said it better.

Comment

While I liked overall the Jack/Abby scenes and while I liked that Abby said something about it being hard to forgive herself for what Gabi went through, what I didn't like was that when she was initially retelling the whole story of her leaving and faking her death, she said how Gabi "conveniently" fell in love with Chad. It wasn't "convenient." Gabi was trying to be there for Chad as a friend and he developed feelings for her too and they were about to really get together as a couple when she "conveniently" revealed herself to be alive. It clearly still galls her that her husband and best friend dared to hook up and develop feelings for each other in the aftermath of her faking her own death -- an act that set everything in motion to begin with.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Abby isn't willing to face that Chad fell for Gabi. Chad should have kicked Abby to the curb when she came back because she didn't love him enough to stay and let him help her.

• ShermanTank
        ShermanTank commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!! If you love someone you don't let them think your dead!!! I loved Chad and Gabby. I hated when Abby came back from "the dead"... For me though its too late to revisit that. Chabby have 2 babies now. Its a done deal.

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not necessarily. Chad and Abby could be co-parents. People do it all the time. He never should have taken Abby back after she let him believe she was dead.

You are correct on Abby! To be honest, yeah to this! Even I trying to read the dialogue feels that Abby does not think of herself as a criminal. Abby needs to get with reality. Overall, I don’t feel Abby will ever be okay. She will need more to handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jj1701 View Post
        This was the closest Abby has ever come to taking real responsibility for what she did to Gabi. Not close enough IMO.
        Originally posted by pnorbert2222 View Post
        Maybe if Abby you know...apologized...maybe Gabi would mellow out a bit.
        Anyone who thinks Abby hasn't taken responsibility for or apologized for what she did just hasn't been watching this show for the last two years. She's made multiple apologies, but they're typically discounted because she "didn't really mean it," "she was just trying to make herself make better," "if she were really sorry she would've done more," or "if she'd really taken responsibility she would've gone to prison instead of going to grandma's" (by that yardstick she can never take responsibility at this point).

May 16 2018: "I allowed Gabi to go to prison for a crime that I committed. She's the one who's been in prison all this time away from her daughter. Gabi could have died in that prison. It's my fault that she was attacked. I'm the reason that she was in prison in the first place."

May 17 2018: "I just heard about your injuries, and so I, um... I'm sorry. I swear I never meant for any of this to happen. I just wanted to come here and tell you that I'm sorry."

May 23 2018: "I went to court and I testified that Gabi was the person who killed him. So somehow deep down, I thought that it was actually okay to blame Gabi for what I did. And then she got beaten up in prison. I can't just go back to my life. I can't do that. I have to figure out some way to atone for what I did. If that's even possible. The reality is, I sent Gabi to prison. I almost killed Marlena and Vivian and Kate."

June 27 2018: "I really wish that there was something that i could do to make this better. And I can't apologize enough for this. I know it's not fair. I wanted to take responsibility for what I did. That's why I pled guilty."

June 28 2018: "Gabi, I'm really sorry for everything that's happened. You know, I know that you've been through a lot..."

January 3 2019: "You were right. Mental illness or not, I did unspeakable things to you, and...more importantly, I would never be able to forgive myself if I let Arianna grow up without her mother. I think that we've all suffered enough, Gabi."

The person who was just gloating over Gabi's downfall was not someone struggling to forgive herself.
        She had nothing to forgive herself for in this case. She was gloating over Gabi's downfall because Gabi's downfall had exactly nothing to do with her, and everything to do with Gabi being a horrible human being. Abby made her peace with Gabi over a year ago. They hurt each other, they're even, they're done. Gabi's downfall was because she tried to kill an old lady by blowing up her heart in front of a bunch of people.

So Chad is still a jerkface.
        Well, Chad automatically assumed Gabi drugged Abigail to make her think she was insane because... Two years ago Gabi infamously drugged Abigail to make her think she was insane. It wasn't a big stretch. The first thing people assumed about Abigail was that she was going insane again. Your past causes people to make assumptions. Happens to Abigail, happens to Gabi.

Comment

• LadyCanuck
          LadyCanuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Dates to back it up. Awesome post.

• CallAboutTheCat
          CallAboutTheCat commented
          Editing a comment
          Jj1701 She's struggled to forgive herself for what she did to Gabi. But that doesn't mean she can't enjoy seeing Gabi suffer the natural consequences of that bad things Gabi has done. I don't see those as mutually exclusive.

• Jj1701
          Jj1701 commented
          Editing a comment
          CallAboutTheCat Then please point out those scenes to me where she's struggling to forgive herself, because she said she is still struggling, and I haven't seen that.

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post

Anyone who thinks Abby hasn't taken responsibility for or apologized for what she did just hasn't been watching this show for the last two years. She's made multiple apologies, but they're typically discounted because she "didn't really mean it," "she was just trying to make herself make better," "if she were really sorry she would've done more," or "if she'd really taken responsibility she would've gone to prison instead of going to grandma's" (by that yardstick she can never take responsibility at this point).

May 16 2018: "I allowed Gabi to go to prison for a crime that I committed. She's the one who's been in prison all this time away from her daughter. Gabi could have died in that prison. It's my fault that she was attacked. I'm the reason that she was in prison in the first place."

May 17 2018: "I just heard about your injuries, and so I, um... I'm sorry. I swear I never meant for any of this to happen. I just wanted to come here and tell you that I'm sorry."

May 23 2018: "I went to court and I testified that Gabi was the person who killed him. So somehow deep down, I thought that it was actually okay to blame Gabi for what I did. And then she got beaten up in prison. I can't just go back to my life. I can't do that. I have to figure out some way to atone for what I did. If that's even possible. The reality is, I sent Gabi to prison. I almost killed Marlena and Vivian and Kate."

June 27 2018: "I really wish that there was something that i could do to make this better. And I can't apologize enough for this. I know it's not fair. I wanted to take responsibility for what I did. That's why I pled guilty."

June 28 2018: "Gabi, I'm really sorry for everything that's happened. You know, I know that you've been through a lot..."

January 3 2019: "You were right. Mental illness or not, I did unspeakable things to you, and...more importantly, I would never be able to forgive myself if I let Arianna grow up without her mother. I think that we've all suffered enough, Gabi."

She had nothing to forgive herself for in this case. She was gloating over Gabi's downfall because Gabi's downfall had exactly nothing to do with her, and everything to do with Gabi being a horrible human being. Abby made her peace with Gabi over a year ago. They hurt each other, they're even, they're done. Gabi's downfall was because she tried to kill an old lady by blowing up her heart in front of a bunch of people.

Well, Chad automatically assumed Gabi drugged Abigail to make her think she was insane because... Two years ago Gabi infamously drugged Abigail to make her think she was insane. It wasn't a big stretch. The first thing people assumed about Abigail was that she was going insane again. Your past causes people to make assumptions. Happens to Abigail, happens to Gabi.
        I was going to respond to this post about how much Abby has shown how sorry she was for what happened to Gabi, but you sad it perfectly.

Comment

I didn't say she never apologized. I said she hasn't been struggling to forgive herself, and that she hasn't really taken responsibility for what she's done, and that she was distancing herself from what she did. Sure she said sorry. She even offered to take Gabi out for lunch. But that isn't taking responsibility for her actions.

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
            CallAboutTheCat commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, pnorbert implied that she hadn't apologized, and I just combined it with your comment about not taking responsibility. I just disagree about that. From the minute she found out what she'd done, she acknowledged its gravity and showed intent to take responsibility for it. I think that culminated in her decision not to press charges after Gabi kidnapped/drugged her to get her to lose her kids and be committed. Abby showed she understood that her actions (even though unintentional) had helped lead to that happening, and that's why she decided not to continue the cycle of suffering.

• Jj1701
            Jj1701 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree to disagree @CallAboutTheCat, agree to disagree.

I'm tired of had automatically assuming that every bad dead towards him or Abigail is committed by Gabi. Sure she has done it before, but there are other people out there who are more evil than she is. Heck that don't even like Abigail. Wake up Chad. Not every crime committed against your wife is by Gabi.

Honestly, I hope that it is Chad doing it under some sort of residual spell just so he has to eat crow.

Comment

Tiff is it me are did Jake seem like he was worried that people would see him? He seemed really worried about Gabi. Then he ran off and left her there. And when Ben asked Jake if he had a woman in his life did you see the look on Jake face what was that about. Do you think when Chloe comes back it will be realived that they are a couple? I think she will be on a short time.

Comment

Tiff I can't wait to see Gabi kiss Jake and what his reaction will be. I read he rejects her but the place I read it is not reablie.

Comment

Originally posted by tashasummer75 View Post
                Tiff is it me are did Jake seem like he was worried that people would see him? He seemed really worried about Gabi. Then he ran off and left her there. And when Ben asked Jake if he had a woman in his life did you see the look on Jake face what was that about. Do you think when Chloe comes back it will be realived that they are a couple? I think she will be on a short time.
                I highly doubt Chloe would ever be with Jake, given how things ended with Stefan for her. Why would she want to remind herself of that?

Comment

Here is another proof to back the timing of Abby in 2018, the beginning of DID
                  • Abby runs from Andre's room, goes to GabiChic room, sees Gabi's pic, and start to think of Gabi and what Gabi said of Andre. Forces to believe that it was Gabi who has done this, while arguing herself, poof, that's how her DID happens. She forces to believe Gabi has killed Andre.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X