Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When exactly did Rafe lose his job over Gabi's shenanigans?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When exactly did Rafe lose his job over Gabi's shenanigans?

Can't remember Rafe losing his job or going to prison over anything that Gabi did. He got fired for helping Hope lie about killing Stefano and for helping her to dispose of his body.
    Gabi playing a role in Melanie's kidnapping never came to light. Few people are aware of it.He was employed when Gabi went to prison for killing Nick. Don't think anybody said anything to Rafe about Gabi drugging Abigail. He was certainly still in charge when Gabi tried to kill Julie in front of a bunch of people.

So when? My memory is failing me.

Right before he got the job to manage Edge of the Garden night club.

Comment

I thought Rafe got fired over Gabi, not Hope. As of the Gabi situation now, he knows. But he knows about what Abby did to her. And he was prevented of arresting Abby, because of her family.

Comment

Gabi's role in Melanie's kidnapping did come to light. Gabi came clean when she was confessing about why she killed Nick. He was blackmailing her with not only her own deeds, but also that Rafe knew and covered for her.

Comment

• Rose777
          Rose777
          Newcomer
          Rose777 commented
          Editing a comment
          No, only few people know about it. Chad, Abby, Horton's perhaps. Unless Melanie told Brady, he doesn't know.
          Obviously Rafe knew and covered for her, so yes, he knew. But it's not like she was ever charged or questioned about her role.

• rkm137
          rkm137
          Aspiring soap scribe
          rkm137 commented
          Editing a comment
          At the time, only a few people knew. But Gabi admitted to her role when she was confessing to shooting Nick in order to clear Will.

https://michaelfairmantv.com/days-ga...lt/2014/06/03/

• Rose777
          Rose777
          Newcomer
          Rose777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, OK, thanks. Didn't know. But in any case, Rafe did not lose his job because of his cover up.

Also, when exactly did he defend his sister? He never tried to stop any of Julie's rants and harassment. He never lifted a finger to get her out of prison when she was wrongfully accused. Heck, even when she was found to be innocent, she still stayed in jail for a while. He didn't do a single thing when Abby confessed to murdering Andre. He couldn't care less when Gabi was viciously beaten in prison twice. He never cared about her well-being when she was released from prison. He never said a single word about Abby and her mistreatment of his sister. He never defended his sister when her drugging Abby came to light. He was never on her side when Stefan died and the Horton's vultures were circling around her because they needed Stefan's heart. He apologized to Eli and Lani about Gabi keeping them apart (right, lol).

Comment

• knotsfan
          knotsfan
          Senior Board Member
          knotsfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, except for not killing Andre, she was in fact guilty of everything else- aiding and abetting Melanie's kidnapping, killing Nick, drugging Abigail, trying to seduce Chad, making a bet with Brady to seduce Stefan, blackmailing Lani, and threatening and then actually attempting to murder Julie. What do you think Rafe should have done to help Gabi when she was guilty of all those things?

So, the question wasn't answered. Why did he lose his job over Gabi's actions?

Comment

He lost his job because as a police officer he should have had her arrested and charged with aiding a kidnapper and keeping quiet about the commission of a crime.

Comment

Didn't Chad force the Commissioner's hand? When Chad was dating Jordan. Feb-Aug 2015
        JackandJenfan
        Scriptwriter
        Last edited by JackandJenfan; April 29, 2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I felt sorry for Rafe today. He's stressed out about David and selfish Gabi dumping her evilness on him. I'll .never get to like her.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
            JackandJenfan
            Scriptwriter
            JackandJenfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Evilness? He's her brother. She went to talk to him. 🙄

• lagirl
            lagirl
            Scriptwriter
            lagirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Did not Jack and Jennifer stand by Abigail during her stalking days. They did not turn on her.

• Jj1701
            Jj1701
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            Jj1701 commented
            Editing a comment
            Stalking and attempted rape/sexual assault days....

Yeah, it was when Gabi hired that fake stalker and then knew about Melanie's kidnapping and did nothing. Rafe found out and covered for her, so he lost his job from that. He needs to write that low life criminal sister of his off for good!

Comment

If everyone knows about Gabi keeping mum on the fake stalker holding Melanie captive and tipping him off that the police were onto him, allowing him to escape which ultimately led to the explosion which took Jack away for years, how come no one ever brings it up?

Comment

• LadyCanuck
            LadyCanuck
            Contract Poster
            LadyCanuck commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't see it the same way. It's like a row of dominoes. If Gabi had just spoken up when Andrew held Melanie, or not tipped off the police as they were about to arrest him. She had a chance to prevent what happened before it reached its conclusion.
            LadyCanuck
            Contract Poster
            Last edited by LadyCanuck; April 29, 2020, 04:46 PM.

• lagirl
            lagirl
            Scriptwriter
            lagirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Jack died because Abigail would not walk a few feet out of that elevator. He died to save ABigail's life.

• Bluediamond
            Bluediamond
            Senior Board Member
            Bluediamond commented
            Editing a comment
            Gabi helped the guy escape when the police were coming. If that isn't guilt, I don't know what is. If she had let the police capture him, then there would not have been a lighter to use. She was guilty and Rafe covered it up.

Rafe did in fact lose his job over the Melanie cover-up. Chad arranged for an anonymous letter detailing the facts of the cover-up and Rafe's knowledge of it to be sent to Roman who was he police commissioner at the time. Roman confronted Rafe who admitted it was true. Roman immediately demanded his immediate resignation.

What confused me was Rafe said he had gone to jail. Roman told him to get a lawyer and he hired Aiden. But I don't remember him ever actually being arrested.

The ironic thing is the whole thing with the letter happened on the same day that Melanie visited Gabi in prison and told her that she had forgiven her and moved past it.

Comment

• Jj1701
            Jj1701
            Jj1701 commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought I heard him say he COULD have gone to jail. Not that he did.

• Troy44
            Troy44
            Board Regular
            Troy44 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jj1701
            Jj1701 You're probably right about Rafe saying he could have gone to jail and I just misheard him. These ol; ears are still pretty sharp but every once in a while I miss things.

• ALoyalSoapFan
            ALoyalSoapFan
            Scriptwriter
            ALoyalSoapFan commented
            Editing a comment
            I just watched...Rafe: "I mean, hell, I've even lost my job and gone to jail for you." Yes, he lost his job but he did NOT go to jail!

Originally posted by LadyCanuck View Post
          If everyone knows about Gabi keeping mum on the fake stalker holding Melanie captive and tipping him off that the police were onto him, allowing him to escape which ultimately led to the explosion which took Jack away for years, how come no one ever brings it up?
          That was Andrew’s fault mostly or natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose777 View Post
            Also, when exactly did he defend his sister? He never tried to stop any of Julie's rants and harassment. He never lifted a finger to get her out of prison when she was wrongfully accused. Heck, even when she was found to be innocent, she still stayed in jail for a while. He didn't do a single thing when Abby confessed to murdering Andre. He couldn't care less when Gabi was viciously beaten in prison twice. He never cared about her well-being when she was released from prison. He never said a single word about Abby and her mistreatment of his sister. He never defended his sister when her drugging Abby came to light. He was never on her side when Stefan died and the Horton's vultures were circling around her because they needed Stefan's heart. He apologized to Eli and Lani about Gabi keeping them apart (right, lol).
            ICAM! Preach! Your post deserves and warrant numerous standing O's! Let's not forget, he said nothing to Chad, when he caught him hovering over Gabriella about to smother her with a pillow! Had that been Gabriella, he would have arrested her and got pleasure doing it! I haven't watched the show but from what I'm reading it will make me hate/despise/loathe Rafe the corrupt and criminal cop, more then I, already do! When is he leaving? Last week, isn't soon enough! I hope, he lose custody of David! I'd rather he'd be raised by Orpheus then that low life criminal Rafe!

Comment

Rafe just assumed that Gabi had done something illegal. To make it seem to the viewers that she drugged Abby. Which makes me more sure than ever that she didn't drug Abby. I'm now very sure Chad did.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X